• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

10k Taj Voucher Amex Plat Redemption at The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai

vikasr94

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I recently redeemed my 10k taj voucher at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai which I had received along with my Amex Platinum Travel Card and want to share experience of the same.

I had trouble finding the best Taj Hotel for ~10k for a good vacation and I am creating this post to share my experience and invite others to share similar experiences of Taj Hotels so that we are aware of top Taj Hotels which are affordable via Amex Vouchers.

I reside in Bangalore and did a road trip to Rameshwaram and during the trip I stayed at the The Gateway Hotel Pasumalai Madurai.

Room Price: 9500 Including breakfast excluding GST & 11210 Including GST (As of today, I see the prices vary b/w 7 to 10k for the next 3 months)
Stay Date: June 20 to June 21, 2023
I placed order via the web and selected Standard Rates as I was planning to use the voucher, if you have an account with tatacliq.com then you can use member rates but technically you are not allowed to use Taj vouchers if you get member rates (I have read that this varies from place to place depending on the local management).
How to indicate that you will use voucher: There is a comment option while booking on the website, you can enter that you will be using the voucher and you can also mention this when you check-in and you can submit the voucher while checking out.

This was my first time in Taj and please ignore if I am sharing any obvious details. The hotel is situated in ~60 acres of land and informed security that we are checking in at the gate and it was 2km drive before we reached the main reception. As we reached the reception, we saw a peacock dancing right in front of us and we watched this for few minutes and the staff welcomed us and clicked some photos and they also informed that there were close to ~60 peacocks & peahens in the resort.

We took the welcome drink and checked-in, loved the place. We saw peacocks everywhere, chilled near the swimming pool surrounded by peacocks and later used their sports room (which was small with few indoor games, would not recommend this).

You can read more wonderful things about this place in google reviews :D , you can consider this place if you are planning to use the AMEX voucher.

Screenshot 2023-07-26 at 6.24.01 PM.png

Stayed at Madurai Gateway yesterday. I booked the room at a super exclusive Tata Neu discounted rate of ~7k before tax for colonial double room. I added a remark on the booking page stating that I would be using amex voucher, and fortunately for me, took a screenshot of normal rates. Day before yesterday, while checking in, I reconfirmed with the front desk that I would be using amex voucher for which he said it's okay.

To my utter disappointment, i was denied exclusive Tata Neu rates while checking out. The rates for the particular room were going upwards of 15k before taxes, and the front desk Manager was insisting on applying those rates. Fortunately for me, the screenshots helped me in reducing it to 10.5k pre tax.

Overall, Gateway Pasumalai was an underwhelming experience with mosquitos in the room and poor quality of food.

Stayed at Madurai Gateway yesterday. I booked the room at a super exclusive Tata Neu discounted rate of ~7k before tax for colonial double room. I added a remark on the booking page stating that I would be using amex voucher, and fortunately for me, took a screenshot of normal rates. Day before yesterday, while checking in, I reconfirmed with the front desk that I would be using amex voucher for which he said it's okay.

To my utter disappointment, i was denied exclusive Tata Neu rates while checking out. The rates for the particular room were going upwards of 15k before taxes, and the front desk Manager was insisting on applying those rates. Fortunately for me, the screenshots helped me in reducing it to 10.5k pre tax.

Overall, Gateway Pasumalai was an underwhelming experience with mosquitos in the room and poor quality of food.
Thanks for the review I won't plan now after you said mosquitos hahah

I created a list lets see, I want to take royal experience and also want to explore udaipur I will see if i can make in these

Udaipur

Jai Mahal Palace
Taj Aravali
Taj Palace Udaipur
Mentos EKATA by ITC
Radisson Blue ( optional )
Jai mahal palace is good I stayed there. Even swai man singh mahal.

soory my bad i was checking for jagat niwas paalce , do you think its better to be in Taj Fateh?
You can too. But depends what you want to experience. I have not stayed in Taj Fateh yet plan is there to stay once in all Taj Palaces. 2 are done balance one by one. See what your budget allows accordingly go for it. Best time to visit these are off season as they will be best prices for your wallet. If you plan to stay between Sept to Jan prices are exorbitant this is what I have seen. These times you can try ginger fortune selections chain of hotels of Taj which would be manageable. I have attached pricing for Taj Fateh for Aug and Sept 2024 check dates some of rhem have less prices. On Aug 28th you have it for 11k excluding tax the cheapest. Sept you will find most of the days 12k to 16k but as you near dates they sky rocket. So book in advance.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_111342.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_111342.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20240819_111353.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_111353.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 4
Here with tax room only rate 13k and with breakfast 15k

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_111726.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_111726.jpg
    546.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_20240819_111736.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_111736.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 7
You can too. But depends what you want to experience. I have not stayed in Taj Fateh yet plan is there to stay once in all Taj Palaces. 2 are done balance one by one. See what your budget allows accordingly go for it. Best time to visit these are off season as they will be best prices for your wallet. If you plan to stay between Sept to Jan prices are exorbitant this is what I have seen. These times you can try ginger fortune selections chain of hotels of Taj which would be manageable. I have attached pricing for Taj Fateh for Aug and Sept 2024 check dates some of rhem have less prices. On Aug 28th you have it for 11k excluding tax the cheapest. Sept you will find most of the days 12k to 16k but as you near dates they sky rocket. So book in advance.
Agree but this time is good as it will be hot

O
Agree but this time is good as it will be hot
Okay. I was checking the same on amex travel online for same taj fateh Prakash it is expensive on amex platform for 1 day better to book direct on Taj website as they cost you less compared too amex platform. So which date have you planned to stay at Taj Fateh.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240819_113219_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240819_113219_Chrome.jpg
    471.1 KB · Views: 4
O

Okay. I was checking the same on amex travel online for same taj fateh Prakash it is expensive on amex platform for 1 day better to book direct on Taj website as they cost you less compared too amex platform. So which date have you planned to stay at Taj Fateh.
Will plan something for a week in udaipur I am still in Banglore and planning to go there lets see in agust ot sept

O

I am making a good plan to stay in best resport or hotel in udaipur let see

O

I have booked for 30 Sep for 15.2k+taxes for 2 adults. On 29 I would be staying at Taj Aravali Udaipur which I booked for 11.2k+taxes today which is also breakfast inclusive.

Could have saved a lot if booked in end of August . Around 3k+taxes on Taj Fateh Palace and around 2k+taxes on Taj Aravali !!

Inclusions
Celebrating The Joy - Breakfast Inclusive Celebrating The Dual Honour of Taj being ranked as ?World?s Strongest Hotel Brand? & ?India?s Strongest Brand? by Brand Finance 2024 reports. Enjoy 20% savings on breakfast-inclusive stay rates. Breakfast at a designated dining venue included. 20 Percent savings on food and soft beverages at restaurants during your stay. 20 Percent savings on spa treatments and salon services during your stay. Inclusive of standard wi-fi. Applicable taxes extra.

I have booked for 30 Sep for 15.2k+taxes for 2 adults. On 29 I would be staying at Taj Aravali Udaipur which I booked for 11.2k+taxes today which is also breakfast inclusive.

Could have saved a lot if booked in end of August . Around 3k+taxes on Taj Fateh Palace and around 2k+taxes on Taj Aravali !!

Inclusions
Celebrating The Joy - Breakfast Inclusive Celebrating The Dual Honour of Taj being ranked as ?World?s Strongest Hotel Brand? & ?India?s Strongest Brand? by Brand Finance 2024 reports. Enjoy 20% savings on breakfast-inclusive stay rates. Breakfast at a designated dining venue included. 20 Percent savings on food and soft beverages at restaurants during your stay. 20 Percent savings on spa treatments and salon services during your stay. Inclusive of standard wi-fi. Applicable taxes extra.
Good move. Actually I stayed in ITC Maurya Delhi 2 weeks Back and flew to Chennai and stayed in Taj Club Haus for 9k plus tax inclusive of breakfast.

Back