• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

15 days, 1 RbI Ombudsman For Axis Magnus Vistara payment mixup

Dear All,

I hold a Vistara and a Magnus credit card. All was going smoothly until March 3.

I have my personal banking in ICICI,( i find the app the most appealing and user friendly with everything builtin), so I use the Billpay feature under icicibank to make payment for all my other credit cards incl Infinia, Emeralde, Corporate Premium etc.

Icici Billpay always does NEFT payments to Axis Cards with card no as account number.

Now while i have both the cards listed separately, i made payment to my Vistara CC on 3rd March. I did not realize that my payment had gone to wrong CC ie Magnus until 11th March when i went to swipe my Vistara and it got declined due to insufficient limits.

When i later found out that the Axis Bank Team had erroroneously credited the payment to my Magnus card rather than Vistara Card.

I called CC, and asked to reverse the same with the bill due date approaching else would have pile up of finance n lpc not owing to my mistake.

They registered a complaint, and for next 3 days kept asking me for proof until last day of due date ie 14th March. I shared bank statement etc but seems they did not have a system in place to correct the wrong entry on previous date which is 11 days old and they were playing hide and seek.

I marked emails to Principal Nodal Officrr (PNO) on 15th and they replied back they havent received the payment. (Gayi bhains paani mein) i kept replying to their emails stating the confusion but either they are a bunch of idiots sitting in CC Bank or they did not want to own up the mistake.

Finally frustrated i lodged a RBI Ombudsman complaint on 16th March late night.

Same day 16th March it clicked me, i was fighting in the wrong direction, so i added one more complaint via Magnus CC, Now i told them that i see there is a credit payment in my account which doesnt belong to me.

Magnus CC was funny and replied : Sir but we do not have such problems listed, and thats why i told them to take my complaint that the payment received doesnt belong to me. They quietly took a complaint.

PNO on 17th still emails, we havent received the payment.

Now come March 18, a get another call from PNO that we havent received payment. This time i politely told them, Yes how would you have received the payment when you did receive it in the other card of Magnus.

I guess this time she got the drill.

Late night 18th March, a received a textsms we have received your payment of xxxxx on 18th March , i was like shit i will still be charged LPC and Finance charges and again emails.

So i quietly login to the app and see they reversed the transaction for value date 3rd March.

Now in the end i am still puzzled:
1. Was light at the end of the tunnel found due to PNO ?
2. Was the call from the PNO due to the RBI Ombudsman

Well If and only if i am able to find out i shall update you here until then Ciao.

Axis cc customer care team and nodal both are useless . They have no clue. I did 6 transactions on March 1st between 4am- 7am . In the statement i see these transactions being shown as done on Feb 28. How can the transaction go a day back ? Surprising. they have no clue and have asked more time to check . I did these on march 1 to hit 1 lac magnus threshold for March and they put it in February . Any idea about this new fraud ?

For me they refunded excess payment lying in my ACE card. Few months back I made double payment and after realizing started following up. I sent email to premium support and they understood the gravity and asked me to share payment bank details & cancelled cheque copy. On receipt they simply initiated refund to source account.
It didn't take much time.

I had issue with my magnus reward from start where somehow my points were not getting credited in auto. Everytime i had to send mail to PNO and they were crediting points manually rather than correcting system and that was taking more than a month for mails. I filed complain to RBI and same PNO corrected system and now points are being credited as it should. so they wont run untill you hit by hunter

Axis cc customer care team and nodal both are useless . They have no clue. I did 6 transactions on March 1st between 4am- 7am . In the statement i see these transactions being shown as done on Feb 28. How can the transaction go a day back ? Surprising. they have no clue and have asked more time to check . I did these on march 1 to hit 1 lac magnus threshold for March and they put it in February . Any idea about this new fraud ?
Same thing is happening with SBI cash back card for a transaction of more than 20K. If I do transaction today, transaction date on statement will be 3-4 days after the actual transaction date.

Dear All,

I hold a Vistara and a Magnus credit card. All was going smoothly until March 3.

I have my personal banking in ICICI,( i find the app the most appealing and user friendly with everything builtin), so I use the Billpay feature under icicibank to make payment for all my other credit cards incl Infinia, Emeralde, Corporate Premium etc.

Icici Billpay always does NEFT payments to Axis Cards with card no as account number.

Now while i have both the cards listed separately, i made payment to my Vistara CC on 3rd March. I did not realize that my payment had gone to wrong CC ie Magnus until 11th March when i went to swipe my Vistara and it got declined due to insufficient limits.

When i later found out that the Axis Bank Team had erroroneously credited the payment to my Magnus card rather than Vistara Card.

I called CC, and asked to reverse the same with the bill due date approaching else would have pile up of finance n lpc not owing to my mistake.

They registered a complaint, and for next 3 days kept asking me for proof until last day of due date ie 14th March. I shared bank statement etc but seems they did not have a system in place to correct the wrong entry on previous date which is 11 days old and they were playing hide and seek.

I marked emails to Principal Nodal Officrr (PNO) on 15th and they replied back they havent received the payment. (Gayi bhains paani mein) i kept replying to their emails stating the confusion but either they are a bunch of idiots sitting in CC Bank or they did not want to own up the mistake.

Finally frustrated i lodged a RBI Ombudsman complaint on 16th March late night.

Same day 16th March it clicked me, i was fighting in the wrong direction, so i added one more complaint via Magnus CC, Now i told them that i see there is a credit payment in my account which doesnt belong to me.

Magnus CC was funny and replied : Sir but we do not have such problems listed, and thats why i told them to take my complaint that the payment received doesnt belong to me. They quietly took a complaint.

PNO on 17th still emails, we havent received the payment.

Now come March 18, a get another call from PNO that we havent received payment. This time i politely told them, Yes how would you have received the payment when you did receive it in the other card of Magnus.

I guess this time she got the drill.

Late night 18th March, a received a textsms we have received your payment of xxxxx on 18th March , i was like shit i will still be charged LPC and Finance charges and again emails.

So i quietly login to the app and see they reversed the transaction for value date 3rd March.

Now in the end i am still puzzled:
1. Was light at the end of the tunnel found due to PNO ?
2. Was the call from the PNO due to the RBI Ombudsman

Well If and only if i am able to find out i shall update you here until then Ciao.
No. It will not be due to PNO. 99% it was because you got the RBI ombudsman involved
all my axis related problems are solved by rbi only. axis has started thinking that rbi is it's own custimer care!

Back