• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Vistara Card Axis Vistara Infinite - Doubts, strategy and LTF [ Vistara Infinite + Magnus ] [ Vistara gold membership ]

rohitsinha

TF Select
SO I already have axis Magnus and planning to redeem the points in CV. So I am planning to take Vistara infinite for Gold Tier. Here are my doubts and thoughts.

First - LTF : Can I get it LTF. If yes how? I have a priority saving with them but I maintain 60K (to avoid below 25% TRV fines). I don't have salary account with them but can switch if needed. salary 3L+ so I think I can get Burgundy.

Second - LTF perks: If at all I get Vistara Infinite LTF, will I get Gold Tier or business ticket.

Third - Magnus+ vistara Inf : I am planning to use Magnus+ Infinite such as book by points of Magnus and upgrade tickets using 3 upgrade tokens given. Will it work if ticket is already booked by CV points?

Fourth- Gold benefit - If I book ticket by CV points do I still get extra reward CV based on gold tier upon travelling 10CV/100? If yes then it would be a good complimentary card for Magnus. Also will the gold benefits (like lounge and business counter checkin) be applicable for tickets booked for the nominees in my account.

Fifth - Rent payment - Currently Magnus and Infinia not have single benefit for rent payment. I read that rental will not be included in Axis Vistara milestone.
Rental transactions (MCC Code-6513) and wallet load (MCC Code- 6540) are not eligible for achieving milestone benefits. If we get rental benefits we an get 1-2 extra tickets. Otherwise, can you guys suggest best strategy (or card if no other option) for paying rent

Thanks in advance guys

Last edited:

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Bro, I am being very vague here but I think the future of the Vistara Program is not very sure considering they are merging with Air India. I hold one too any obviously I wish for the FFP to continue with the same potency.
I have never heard of anyone holding a VI LTF.

1) 3 lakh+ salary will get you Magnus LTF according to the ongoing offer. I don’t think there’s any offer on the VI right now.

2) Again, unheard scenario.

3) As per what I have read in this forum you can upgrade a ticket booked via CV if there is a seat available.

4) Gold status will be just limited to you and not your nominees. If you’re travelling with them and are using Vistara they might be allowed the priority check-in but wont get lounge access. I don’t get your first ques. Why will you be getting extra CV? Do you mean like the 10CV/100?

5) Most people use Payzapp/Redgirraffe for rent payment. You get no CV for rental payment so directly you wont get any CV unless the MCC is different. You can also use BharatNXT and others.

*Just my opinion & knowledge. Nothing I wrote is written on a rock. 🤷‍♂️

rohitsinha

TF Select
Bro, I am being very vague here but I think the future of the Vistara Program is not very sure considering they are merging with Air India. I hold one too any obviously I wish for the FFP to continue with the same potency.
I have never heard of anyone holding a VI LTF.

1) 3 lakh+ salary will get you Magnus LTF according to the ongoing offer. I don’t think there’s any offer on the VI right now.

2) Again, unheard scenario.

3) As per what I have read in this forum you can upgrade a ticket booked via CV if there is a seat available.

4) Gold status will be just limited to you and not your nominees. If you’re travelling with them and are using Vistara they might be allowed the priority check-in but wont get lounge access. I don’t get your first ques. Why will you be getting extra CV? Do you mean like the 10CV/100?

5) Most people use Payzapp/Redgirraffe for rent payment. You get no CV for rental payment so directly you wont get any CV unless the MCC is different. You can also use BharatNXT and others.

*Just my opinion & knowledge. Nothing I wrote is written on a rock. 🤷‍♂️
Thanks for the info man. It helps
Yes I mean 10CV/Rs 100. If I book by CV points do I get this tier bonus?

Venky

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Thanks for the info man. It helps
Yes I mean 10CV/Rs 100. If I book by CV points do I get this tier bonus?
No, as far as I know, you wont. It’s only limited to flights booked using cash.

About the Magnus, It’ll be big pain for you to fight Axis for getting it converted to LTF. But if you already have the salary account their with the prerequisite salary then you definitely try reasoning. Mail them the request at premium.experience@axisbank.com or if they won’t budge then to pno@axisbank.com
But mind my words, Axis doesn’t budge that easily.

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Also I already have Magnus but not free. Can I convert it to LTF now by any means or bargain?

Thomas244

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Shift salary account to axis then negotiate.. u can always shift out if nothing works. Vistara program is the issue when it will be stopped.
2 gold tier is there by default
3 got 2 upgrade tokens. Booked by CV points and upgraded and used to fly in April.
4 only cash card payments get points so it’s 2 options.. eg ticket of 10000 Magnus milestone 2500 and travel edge 5X and CV points u will get 10/100 after u fly. Or Yatra voucher 5000 5000 10X points plus Magnus milestone( no coupon code allowed in Yatra with voucher) plus CV 10/100 after completing flight.
so u have to calculate all variables
5 rent is not an option for both

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
VIP Lounge
SO I already have axis Magnus and planning to redeem the points in CV. So I am planning to take Vistara infinite for Gold Tier. Here are my doubts and thoughts.

First - LTF : Can I get it LTF. If yes how? I have a priority saving with them but I maintain 60K (to avoid below 25% TRV fines). I don't have salary account with them but can switch if needed. salary 3L+ so I think I can get Burgundy.

Second - LTF perks: If at all I get Vistara Infinite LTF, will I get Gold Tier or business ticket.

Third - Magnus+ vistara Inf : I am planning to use Magnus+ Infinite such as book by points of Magnus and upgrade tickets using 3 upgrade tokens given. Will it work if ticket is already booked by CV points?

Fourth- Gold benefit - If I book ticket by CV points do I still get extra reward CV based on gold tier upon travelling 10CV/100? If yes then it would be a good complimentary card for Magnus. Also will the gold benefits (like lounge and business counter checkin) be applicable for tickets booked for the nominees in my account.

Fifth - Rent payment - Currently Magnus and Infinia not have single benefit for rent payment. I read that rental will not be included in Axis Vistara milestone.
Rental transactions (MCC Code-6513) and wallet load (MCC Code- 6540) are not eligible for achieving milestone benefits. If we get rental benefits we an get 1-2 extra tickets. Otherwise, can you guys suggest best strategy (or card if no other option) for paying rent

Thanks in advance guys
1. possible u can check with vimal on negotiating
2. U pay fee get business ticket back so gst is the fee
3. Yes
4. No
5. Currently RG + payzapp works as insurance spending so use that mcc

CMG

TF Ace
TF Family
VIP Lounge

Thanks in advance guys
As per vistara T&C, You won't get Business class ticket/Gold membership with LTF vistara

• Complimentary Tickets :
    • The joining/annual benefit of free tickets (applicable as per the variant) are issued to the Cardholders’, on payment of the Joining/ Annual Fee (as charged in first month’s credit card statement).
    • This benefit will not be available if the Cardholders’ Joining/ Annual Fees are waived off for any reason.
  • Complimentary Club Vistara Membership
    • The joining/annual benefit of Complimentary Club Vistara Membership (applicable as per the variant) are issued to the Cardholders’, on payment of the Joining/ Annual Fee (as charged in first month’s credit card statement)
    • This benefit will not be available if the Cardholders’ Joining/ Annual Fees are waived off for any reason.

vineet_c

TF Buzz
1. FyF heard not LTF for axis vistara.
2. No 10x points since you dont pay for tickets via cash or cash equivalents like gift vouchers. Vistara Vouhers and cv points are not cash.
3. Rent has become an issue.
4. Even magnus points conversion to vistara have become an issue.

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Vistara Infinite is among the few cards left that gives benefit on rent payments. Altough the 1% extra surchage with Axis charges has to be paid, but the spending is counted towards milestone and you get CV points as well on the rent paid.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Vistara Infinite is among the few cards left that gives benefit on rent payments. Altough the 1% extra surchage with Axis charges has to be paid, but the spending is counted towards milestone and you get CV points as well on the rent paid.
"Rental transactions (MCC Code-6513) and wallet load (MCC Code- 6540) are not eligible for
achieving milestone benefits."

In which app are you doing rent transactions to get it for milestone?

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
"Rental transactions (MCC Code-6513) and wallet load (MCC Code- 6540) are not eligible for

I used Cred and I was getting it till last month, majority of the transactions till April on my Vistara card were rent and I got 4 business class tickets. Since I have Magnus and Platinum Charge, Vistara was the one i used to pay rents. Let me check in this month's statement, if i'll get the miles for my rental transaction. Will update on this thread.

shivi946

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How many business award tickets are there on Vistara for a domestic flight? I and my wife both have Vistara infinite, so I wanted to know if we both can redeem the award voucher on the same flight? I read somewhere the business award seat is only 1 per flight. CCare did not give a convincing reply.

QUIKSILVER27

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How many business award tickets are there on Vistara for a domestic flight? I and my wife both have Vistara infinite, so I wanted to know if we both can redeem the award voucher on the same flight? I read somewhere the business award seat is only 1 per flight. CCare did not give a convincing reply.
There are atleast 2 available per flight, i had 3 vouchers so booked 2 tickets while going in business class and one in return.. one return was a revenue economy which was upgraded using 2 one class upgrade vouchers to business..

Gaurav Goel

TF Select
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Received my statement, have got the CV points for the one rental transaction as well. My rental transaction was for 35k, total bill 66k. CV points credited were 1880. Given by the reward rate 6CV points per 200, the rental transaction must have given CV points.

starstruck

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Received my statement, have got the CV points for the one rental transaction as well. My rental transaction was for 35k, total bill 66k. CV points credited were 1880. Given by the reward rate 6CV points per 200, the rental transaction must have given CV points.
As mentioned in their TnC, it will not be counted towards milestone. So no business class vouchers basis that. If you are ok with only CV points, good for you.