• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor Account hacked and 129393 Reward points used

my all accor account has been hacked and someone redeemed 129393 points at 3:30 am on 7th may , I immediately informed all accor team and they have ask to fill a disputed form.
Hacker used the points to book iphone 15 pro in gemanay address that cannot be cancelled.
I am worrying whether I will get my points back.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.23.22 PM.jpeg
    62.3 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:

imuntitled

TF Ace
Contributor
RML Group
VIP Lounge
This is really concerning situation. I don’t know why accor still don’t offer 2FA facility.
I’m posting this on Twitter.
rocket power nicksplat GIF

Nikhil jain

TF Buzz
This people are so slow called them twice , call connected to france no one is understanding they have just suspended the account and the order staus of iphone is still processing.
Told me relevant authority is looking after it.

drsel

TF Legend
my all accor account has been hacked and someone redeemed 129393 points at 3:30 am on 7th may , I immediately informed all accor team and they have ask to fill a disputed form.
Hacker used the points to book iphone 15 pro in gemanay address that cannot be cancelled.
I am worrying whether I will get my points back.
Any help in this regard is appreciated.
WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2024-05-09 at 5.22.22 PM.jpeg
Did the hacker find out BOTH your Accor membership ID and password
or
Did he only find out your membership ID and then used the forget password option and then hacked onto your email to reset or get the password?

ShantanuGarg

TF Buzz
All technofino members, please use Google dark web report and find all the information that has been leaked into the dark web.

This is a very comprehensive report and your hacked passwords will be listed there.

Nikhil, please check if your password is also listed on dark web report.

It has been a saviour for me in the past.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
This people are so slow called them twice , call connected to france no one is understanding they have just suspended the account and the order staus of iphone is still processing.
Told me relevant authority is looking after it.

Are you still able to access your ALL account?

Did you see any OTP that has come to your linked email account? Could be in deleted folder too. Please change the password of your linked email account and if not secured by 2FA, please make sure you sign up for 2FA for the email account.

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
pehle suna that bank account hack hota hai...ab toh accor account bhi hack hota hai...

Even Vistara warns users that account security is important. Points (more so when available in large quantities) are almost as good as cash, especially when such loyalty programmes have partnerships with multiple third parties across borders who would have their own security standards and processes and may not be very supportive in fraud investigations.

NeerajNegi

TF Premier
I am shocked on this because without OTP on email or mobile its not possible ? if you email is hacked then you have to make sure you have 2fa enable on email

drsel

TF Legend
All technofino members, please use Google dark web report and find all the information that has been leaked into the dark web.

This is a very comprehensive report and your hacked passwords will be listed there.

Nikhil, please check if your password is also listed on dark web report.

It has been a saviour for me in the past.
How to find out if your passwords are on the dark web and how to access the dark web.?

joshuatree

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
How to find out if your passwords are on the dark web and how to access the dark web.?

Please do not try and access the Dark Web though there are some sites you can use. Do remember that the Dark Web are basically sites where illegal activity takes place, crypto is currency and they are also sites that could be monitored by law enforcement. You could get trapped between the law and threat actors, especially if you don't know how to mask your trail, use professional grade VPNs, etc.

To Track Through Google (Dark Web Report):

1715338041554.png
Another source: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

You will find others from the Net. Look for tracking from reputed sources.

Google also offers constant tracking of your data on the Dark Web through a Google One membership.

1715338136206.png

Attachments

• 1715338003193.png
    1715338003193.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 6