• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Accor points extension

phagocyte536

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi all, I have a decent chunk of accor points that will expire at end of August. We do not have any travel plans for next one year and thus looking for ways to extend the validity.

I remember reading on this forum that paying for a meal at their hotels credits some points and thus leads to 1 year extension. I ate a crappy meal at Novotel, Bangalore and paid through points - their staff also said I am eligible for some reward points. But it's been one week and no points have been credited. I took the waiter's number just in case and even he + his manager seem clueless.

I just raised a complaint on accor portal, need to see if it works out.

Has anyone successfully extended validity by having a meal? If this doesn't work for me, will booking a hotel room and staying for a day work for sure?

Transfer some points to your Accor account, and it automatically extends the validity of existing points

Hi all, I have a decent chunk of accor points that will expire at end of August. We do not have any travel plans for next one year and thus looking for ways to extend the validity.

I remember reading on this forum that paying for a meal at their hotels credits some points and thus leads to 1 year extension. I ate a crappy meal at Novotel, Bangalore and paid through points - their staff also said I am eligible for some reward points. But it's been one week and no points have been credited. I took the waiter's number just in case and even he + his manager seem clueless.

Has anyone successfully extended validity by having a meal? If this doesn't work for me, will booking a hotel room and staying for a day work for sure?
If you have some points left to transfer, kindly transfer them to accor. You will get the points in July only and your validity will be moved towards July 2025.

P.S: Kindly mark it as solution!

@simplegarv , @Oscar I don't have any cards that have accor transfer option anymore. I have Axis MyZone but it doesn't have points to be eligible for transfer

Though my wife has infinia on her name that has accor transfer option. But I am afraid it could cause a trouble considering the names on Infinia and Accor accounts do not match. Has anyone does such transfer successfully?

Use charity option ease and low points use u will get validity extension for rest of the points
Mark as solution post u get points validity extended thanks

Since you don't have any cards to transfer points to Accur, and since your wife's name is different you cannot transfer her Accor points to your account.

So just give Rs 1 to charity and your membership will automatically extend for one year.
kindly mark this as the solution

Update: Transferred 100 infinia points (50 accor) - I think it happened within couple of hours and got 1 year extension. Didn't know it could be so simple!

Also thanks for the charity option, I had no idea about it. I hope this is what you guys are talking about? Link
Did you manage to transfer from your wife's name to your name Accor account?

Since you don't have any cards to transfer points to Accur, and since your wife's name is different you cannot transfer her Accor points to your account.

So just give Rs 1 to charity and your membership will automatically extend for one year.
kindly mark this as the solution
Can you share link of where it allows Rs 1 donation? I can see a minimum 500 points donation.

Can you share link of where it allows Rs 1 donation? I can see a minimum 500 points donation.
Frankly I have not tried donation, they must have increased it to 500 points.

But always keep some at least 300 edge points to transfer to Accor when it's close to expiry of your Accor account membership.
Transfer takes 24 hours, but do it at least one week before expiry.

There are many complaints on the Internet that people have lost a lot of points due to one year expiry

Is itc green points expiry also 12 months? And if I transfer wome points, will it extend validity for them too?

Is itc green points expiry also 12 months? And if I transfer wome points, will it extend validity for them too?
Expiry is 12 months but as far as I know , you have to use it once in a year to extend this validity . Another option is to take culinaire membership during which your points wont expire

Back