• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Advice on International Lounge Access using PP

Hi,

I need advice regarding international lounge access. So, I have priority pass issued by RBL for World Safari Card issued on my name and my parents are travelling abroad. Was thinking to give it to them. WIll the lounges outside India allow PP to be used by them. Is there anyways they can get lounge access.

Also, by any chance anyone knows if UCO's Rupay Platinum Internal Debit Card can be used for International Lounge Access.

Also, its first time PP will be used. WIll any setup be required for same.

Hi,

I need advice regarding international lounge access. So, I have priority pass issued by RBL for World Safari Card issued on my name and my parents are travelling abroad. Was thinking to give it to them. WIll the lounges outside India allow PP to be used by them. Is there anyways they can get lounge access.

Also, by any chance anyone knows if UCO's Rupay Platinum Internal Debit Card can be used for International Lounge Access.

Also, its first time PP will be used. WIll any setup be required for same.
1. No. Name on pp and boarding pass will be matched by lounge personnel.

2. Some say rupay platinum has international lounge access and some say no. There is no reliable information on this on the internet. You can try to get rupay select debit card. That has 2 international access. Again, name on card and boarding pass will be matched unless someone is very lucky.

3. No setup required to use PP.

2. Some say rupay platinum has international lounge access and some say no. There is no reliable information on this on the internet. You can try to get rupay select debit card. That has 2 international access. Again, name on card and boarding pass will be matched unless someone is very lucky.

Thanks a lot!

Whats the best way to enable parents to access international lounges. Will my axis atlas QR work for them? Or please suggest any cheap options.

“Some say rupay platinum has international lounge access and some say no. There is no reliable information on this on the internet.”
RuPay Platinum Debit Card does indeed have international lounge access. I’ve used it twice in the past, internationally. Worked fine.

@enlightedinvestor – Mine wasn’t UCO Bank’s RuPay Platinum Debit Card, though. However, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work as well.

“Some say rupay platinum has international lounge access and some say no. There is no reliable information on this on the internet.”
RuPay Platinum Debit Card does indeed have international lounge access. I’ve used it twice in the past, internationally. Worked fine.

@enlightedinvestor – Mine wasn’t UCO Bank’s RuPay Platinum Debit Card, though. However, there’s no reason why it shouldn’t work as well.
By any chance UBI bank ?

By any chance UBI bank ?
My card was HDFC (in this case). UBI or UCO Bank’s should also work, because this offer is “tied to” RuPay Platinum, and not to any particular bank.

However, my experience is that several Govt banks in India—SBI is usually an exception here—do not maintain their infra as well as some of the private banks do. One can see this even for things such as ATMs (and especially in non-Metro locations or smaller towns). An HDFC/Axis/IndusInd ATM is more likely to be OK and dispense money, than a UCO/Canara/Indian/Union ATM, which—often—might not even work. I know of several districts in India where UCO/Canara/UBI is the “lead banker of the district” as per the RBI list, but even in those places, their ATMs often malfunction. Or, their branches suffer from “link failure”.

Or similar lines, I personally fear that a UCO/UBI card is more “likely” to not function at a foreign airport’s lounge, than a Axis/HDFC/ICICI Card. But this is merely my own opinion and viewers may feel free to agree or disagree with me.

So, would a UCO/UBI RuPay Platinum Card provide you the international lounge access facility that it is advertised to provide you? Absolutely!! But would you “trust” it to serve you 24x7, 365 days a year? That’s a question which I’m myself seeking an answer for.

My card was HDFC (in this case). UBI or UCO Bank’s should also work, because this offer is “tied to” RuPay Platinum, and not to any particular bank.

However, my experience is that several Govt banks in India—SBI is usually an exception here—do not maintain their infra as well as some of the private banks do. One can see this even for things such as ATMs (and especially in non-Metro locations or smaller towns). An HDFC/Axis/IndusInd ATM is more likely to be OK and dispense money, than a UCO/Canara/Indian/Union ATM, which—often—might not even work. I know of several districts in India where UCO/Canara/UBI is the “lead banker of the district” as per the RBI list, but even in those places, their ATMs often malfunction. Or, their branches suffer from “link failure”.

Or similar lines, I personally fear that a UCO/UBI card is more “likely” to not function at a foreign airport’s lounge, than a Axis/HDFC/ICICI Card. But this is merely my own opinion and viewers may feel free to agree or disagree with me.

So, would a UCO/UBI RuPay Platinum Card provide you the international lounge access facility that it is advertised to provide you? Absolutely!! But would you “trust” it to serve you 24x7, 365 days a year? That’s a question which I’m myself seeking an answer for.
Generally speaking, non PP cards don't work at most foreign lounges. Even Dreamfolks doesn't always work. PP works flawlessly. I have visited dozens of foreign lounges in the past few years and sometimes I have tried other cards like Rupay, Lounge Key etc and none has ever worked. Only Dreamfolks works a bit. I have a top tier Wealth account with SBM and they issue a special debit card which supposedly provides lounge access via Loungekey but it has nevet worked! IDFC Wealth Loungekey hasn't worked either. I think most banks are either inefficient and neglect to get their cards enabled or they deliberately choose not to do so to save cost.

Generally speaking, non PP cards don't work at most foreign lounges. Even Dreamfolks doesn't always work. PP works flawlessly. I have visited dozens of foreign lounges in the past few years and sometimes I have tried other cards like Rupay, Lounge Key etc and none has ever worked. Only Dreamfolks works a bit. I have a top tier Wealth account with SBM and they issue a special debit card which supposedly provides lounge access via Loungekey but it has nevet worked! IDFC Wealth Loungekey hasn't worked either. I think most banks are either inefficient and neglect to get their cards enabled or they deliberately choose not to do so to save cost.
I think the PP costs more to the banks and that’s why some banks are going for LK and DF nowadays!! They might be cheaper to the banks

The IDFC Wealth Debit Card charged $35 and reversed the amount within 10 working days.

I have used PP in the Middle East, and it worked fine for me. But on my upcoming international trip, I am planning to use a Rupay credit card. I will carry my PP card as well as my backup card.

Currently, I have a Yes Bank Elite+ credit card. While asking for a priority pass to access international lounges, customer care said that the current Yes Bank card swipe will do.

I have never heard of it and have always used priority pass card in international lounges. Any experience with anybody?

Currently, I have a Yes Bank Elite+ credit card. While asking for a priority pass to access international lounges, customer care said that the current Yes Bank card swipe will do.

I have never heard of it and have always used priority pass card in international lounges. Any experience with anybody?
Priority pass is linked to credit card anyways, so its possible. But depends on the bank and how they have setup it internally

Back