• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India Flying returns - revamp

ALOAK

TF Ace
If one has to purchase vistara voucher what would be the cost fornpremium eco and business voucher. Any idea how much it would cost? Else upgrade vouchers

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Is the new A380 aircraft still fying on domestic routes? Would be worth to book a economy seat then and upgrade to business using vouchers
I travelled from Delhi to Bangalore Premium Economy on the A350 few days back. It's a decent product but no way I'll be paying 11k for it again. You can try booking redemption ticket on business cabin if you have enough points.

They are adding A350 on Delhi-Mumbai as well so you can try.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Is the new A380 aircraft still fying on domestic routes? Would be worth to book a economy seat then and upgrade to business using vouchers
I recently booked Economy flex (revenue) on MUM BLR sector and upgraded to business class using 7200 miles on A350. Did it two days prior to AI revamp. Now it is not possible with such low miles it seems

catcat

TF Select
Can someone having SBI Air India Premier switch to SBI Vistara Prime? The reason I'm evaluating this is I want to hold onto the silver membership (I got Gold from Axis CV, and then I surrendered, so it got downgraded after 1 year)

Dragon_slayer

TF Premier
RML Group
VIP Lounge
I travelled from Delhi to Bangalore Premium Economy on the A350 few days back. It's a decent product but no way I'll be paying 11k for it again. You can try booking redemption ticket on business cabin if you have enough points.

They are adding A350 on Delhi-Mumbai as well so you can try.
Will try once they merge vistara with air-india. Will buy economy and upgrade to business class using 2 upgrade vouchers

Harsha896

TF Select
Anyone has info on taxes part for Air india award flights? Not able to see, as I don't have any FR points.
Its almost same as vistara in comparison. But one downside i am seeing is getting max value for points in Air India is harder.
I compared Hyd-Delhi route as i had only ~6k points with me on air india. Here you can see i couldnt find the best value (5k points) for 1 single trip until July. Before July its varying between 7.5k to 12k. Whereas for vistara i could get a single trip ticket for 5k this month itself.
ai.PNG 1712341022710.png

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Its almost same as vistara in comparison. But one downside i am seeing is getting max value for points in Air India is harder.
I compared Hyd-Delhi route as i had only ~6k points with me on air india. Here you can see i couldnt find the best value (5k points) for 1 single trip until July. Before July its varying between 7.5k to 12k. Whereas for vistara i could get a single trip ticket for 5k this month itself.
ai.PNG 1712341022710.png
Yeah, least value fare is for 3+ months. Max value fare is for 1 week to 3 months. And prime fare is for within 1 week. I like this differential pricing, as most of my bookings are 5-6 months in advance.

Most importantly, Air India has way more availability at least right now. I read on one forum saying things like all seats are available, but that doesn't seem right, as it clearly shows the number of seats available. Also, I didn't find any seat on some international routes on nearby dates.

Ramakgmc

TF Buzz
For redemption, AI system may be better as seat availability is not limited as in Vistara.
Good value for your points would depend on how much price escalation happens due to dynamic pricing near the date of travel and will vary from sector to sector.

sahilgulati5

TF Premier
First and foremost, on behalf of the entire team at Vistara, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued patronage and support.​
We are happy to inform you that Vistara will soon become a part of the Tata Group’s larger airline, Air India – thereby providing you access to a larger fleet and a wider global network.​
The process of integration between Air India and Vistara is ongoing, while we await some regulatory approvals. As we work towards a merged, larger airline, Club Vistara will also, merge with Air India’s Flying Returns. The Club Vistara program will continue to exist until the integration is complete. Upon completion of the integration process, your Club Vistara account will be migrated to Air India’s Flying Returns.​
Please find here some important information regarding the benefits of your Club Vistara membership, after the migration:​
  • Tier Status – Your tier status will be assigned based on the cumulative points of both programs. You will be able to maintain, at least, your current Club Vistara tier status or get upgraded if you qualify basis the cumulative points. Going forward, the rules of Flying Returns will apply.
  • CV Points and Tier Points balance – On the day of migration, the CV Points balance and the Tier Points available in your account will be transferred to Flying Returns program at a 1:1 ratio. The points will remain valid for at least one year from the date of migration, even if they are due to expire sooner.
  • Future bookingsusing CV Points and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers –
    • All future bookings will be transferred, and you and your nominees will receive the revised flight details post migration.
    • Any changes to the existing bookings will be as per Flying Returns’ rules, post the migration.
  • Vouchers – All valid unutilized One-Class Upgrade vouchers and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers will be transferred to Flying Returns with the existing validity. The usage will be governed by the applicable program rules.
  • Co-brand Cards – Updates regarding Club Vistara Co-brand Cards will be shared in the coming weeks.
As a part of the integration process at our end, your personal data pertaining to your membership will be evaluated by authorised representatives, maintaining highest level of confidentiality throughout this process. However, should you wish to opt out of this transfer, please click here. If you choose to exercise this option, all your points, tier status, benefits, vouchers etc. will be honoured by Club Vistara only until the program exists. If you do not opt out within 21 days of receipt of this communication, we shall initiate the process of migration of your data into Air India’s Flying Returns program.​
We deeply value our relationship with you and will be sharing more updates in the coming months, including the date of migration and how we can, together, make it seamless for you.​
Once again, thank you for placing your trust in us and being our valued member.​
Sincerely,​

kameshee17

TF Select
VIP Lounge
First and foremost, on behalf of the entire team at Vistara, we would like to express our sincere gratitude for your continued patronage and support.​
We are happy to inform you that Vistara will soon become a part of the Tata Group’s larger airline, Air India – thereby providing you access to a larger fleet and a wider global network.​
The process of integration between Air India and Vistara is ongoing, while we await some regulatory approvals. As we work towards a merged, larger airline, Club Vistara will also, merge with Air India’s Flying Returns. The Club Vistara program will continue to exist until the integration is complete. Upon completion of the integration process, your Club Vistara account will be migrated to Air India’s Flying Returns.​
Please find here some important information regarding the benefits of your Club Vistara membership, after the migration:​
  • Tier Status – Your tier status will be assigned based on the cumulative points of both programs. You will be able to maintain, at least, your current Club Vistara tier status or get upgraded if you qualify basis the cumulative points. Going forward, the rules of Flying Returns will apply.
  • CV Points and Tier Points balance – On the day of migration, the CV Points balance and the Tier Points available in your account will be transferred to Flying Returns program at a 1:1 ratio. The points will remain valid for at least one year from the date of migration, even if they are due to expire sooner.
    • All future bookings will be transferred, and you and your nominees will receive the revised flight details post migration.
    • Any changes to the existing bookings will be as per Flying Returns’ rules, post the migration.
  • Vouchers – All valid unutilized One-Class Upgrade vouchers and Complimentary Flight Ticket vouchers will be transferred to Flying Returns with the existing validity. The usage will be governed by the applicable program rules.
  • Co-brand Cards – Updates regarding Club Vistara Co-brand Cards will be shared in the coming weeks.
As a part of the integration process at our end, your personal data pertaining to your membership will be evaluated by authorised representatives, maintaining highest level of confidentiality throughout this process. However, should you wish to opt out of this transfer, please click here. If you choose to exercise this option, all your points, tier status, benefits, vouchers etc. will be honoured by Club Vistara only until the program exists. If you do not opt out within 21 days of receipt of this communication, we shall initiate the process of migration of your data into Air India’s Flying Returns program.​
We deeply value our relationship with you and will be sharing more updates in the coming months, including the date of migration and how we can, together, make it seamless for you.​
Once again, thank you for placing your trust in us and being our valued member.​
Sincerely,​
Good, no devaluation and more flights to choose from. Hope the vistara cards retain a similar reward structure post merger.

Harry1

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Sincerely,​
Didn't get the email🤦‍♂️.

Air india has a rule that award flight booking can be done only after at least one revenue flight. In my current flying returns account, there is no air india booking attached. But in my vistara account, many revenue as well as award flights are booked.

So, after merger, will I be allowed award booking based on vistara's history?

hysteriadoc

TF Select
A
Didn't get the email🤦‍♂️.

Air india has a rule that award flight booking can be done only after at least one revenue flight. In my current flying returns account, there is no air india booking attached. But in my vistara account, many revenue as well as award flights are booked.

So, after merger, will I be allowed award booking based on vistara's history?
And after only 5 revenue flights you can book for nominees. Will this continue after merger or go away ?