• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India SBI Signature Card - Best Ever?

Yes bro used 1.5l on AmEx and idfc Club Vistara 3l plus on housing app
Will give a gap and use second spell by November
Thanks for your support 👍
bro we have little similar mindsets i would like to contact you but no option for personal conversations any social media handles or send your number plz

[I had posted this previously as a reply in a different thread but sharing it here as a separate post because I believe this card deserves RESPECT]

July 1, 2024:
1. I upgraded from Simply Click to Signature in February 2024.
2. Forgot to add FFP number on my application. SBI created a new FFP number and sent the card. I also got an add on card later.
Then I called up SBI and asked them to change the FFP. They said ok and sent me a new primary card with my original FFP number embossed on it (same card number, FYI). They did not deduct any points for the change.
3. The whole process took1-2 weeks because some support staff didn't know how to deal with it.
accumulated some 15000 points over 4 months on regular usage. Converted them to FFP in June when Air India announced 20% bonus. Got an extra 3000 points there in the Air India account.
4. I have not paid the annual fee yet because my simply click was renewed in December, barely 2 months before I upgraded. So I am getting the benefits on Air India Signature card currently with the Rs. 500 annual fee I paid for SimplyClick.
5. I have just hit the threshold limit of 5 lakhs this month. Have to see how long it would take for them to credit the threshold bonus.
6. Booked my first ticket yesterday by redeeming 9500 points. Going to get a return ticket too on the same trip using the points I already have.
7. Have about 14000 RP now in SBI account. Expecting 20,000 bonus sometime after the next statement. Planning to accumulate the points and then transfer them to FFP whenever Air India announces another bonus. Hopefully soon.
8. On the routes that I often travel (DEL -> BLR, DEL -> MAA, DEL -> HYD) the points I have accumulated so far are (in less than 6 months) equal to at least 4-5 tickets. Without even paying the Rs 5000 joining fee yet. I'd rate that as EXCELLENT.

My experience has been smooth so far and I hope it remains the same.

UPDATE: July 11, 2024

The threshold bonus of 20,000 RP after hitting spending of Rs 5 Lakh has been credited to my account automatically. I didn't have to ask or do anything.

(Sharing this because I've seen a few folks report here that their experience has not been good generally when it comes to claiming threshold bonuses)
View attachment 60636
Have you previously booked flight with your FFP?
Or without prior flight history does it allow to book flight via points?

Have you previously booked flight with your FFP?
Or without prior flight history does it allow to book flight via points?
Of course it will allow you to book flights by points but their is a condition you have to atleast complete 1 revenue travel and only then you can use. However you can check there TnC

Of course it will allow you to book flights by points but their is a condition you have to atleast complete 1 revenue travel and only then you can use. However you can check there TnC
Previously i have done booking via transferring points in my FFP from Axis Atlas. Does it count?

[I had posted this previously as a reply in a different thread but sharing it here as a separate post because I believe this card deserves RESPECT]

July 1, 2024:
1. I upgraded from Simply Click to Signature in February 2024.
2. Forgot to add FFP number on my application. SBI created a new FFP number and sent the card. I also got an add on card later.
Then I called up SBI and asked them to change the FFP. They said ok and sent me a new primary card with my original FFP number embossed on it (same card number, FYI). They did not deduct any points for the change.
3. The whole process took1-2 weeks because some support staff didn't know how to deal with it.
accumulated some 15000 points over 4 months on regular usage. Converted them to FFP in June when Air India announced 20% bonus. Got an extra 3000 points there in the Air India account.
4. I have not paid the annual fee yet because my simply click was renewed in December, barely 2 months before I upgraded. So I am getting the benefits on Air India Signature card currently with the Rs. 500 annual fee I paid for SimplyClick.
5. I have just hit the threshold limit of 5 lakhs this month. Have to see how long it would take for them to credit the threshold bonus.
6. Booked my first ticket yesterday by redeeming 9500 points. Going to get a return ticket too on the same trip using the points I already have.
7. Have about 14000 RP now in SBI account. Expecting 20,000 bonus sometime after the next statement. Planning to accumulate the points and then transfer them to FFP whenever Air India announces another bonus. Hopefully soon.
8. On the routes that I often travel (DEL -> BLR, DEL -> MAA, DEL -> HYD) the points I have accumulated so far are (in less than 6 months) equal to at least 4-5 tickets. Without even paying the Rs 5000 joining fee yet. I'd rate that as EXCELLENT.

My experience has been smooth so far and I hope it remains the same.

UPDATE: July 11, 2024

The threshold bonus of 20,000 RP after hitting spending of Rs 5 Lakh has been credited to my account automatically. I didn't have to ask or do anything.

(Sharing this because I've seen a few folks report here that their experience has not been good generally when it comes to claiming threshold bonuses)
View attachment 60636
Bro great explanation on how you get the card, i have gone through similar process of upgrading my existing simply click card and applied online in this month and received it in 7-8 working days.

Fortunately after seeing your comment on Flying Returns Membership i have mentioned my existing Flying returns No on the online application but unfortunately i have been issued a new number on the card that i have received.

Can you guide me the process of getting my existing Frequent flyer number On my card removing the new number that was created.

Thanks

Bro great explanation on how you get the card, i have gone through similar process of upgrading my existing simply click card and applied online in this month and received it in 7-8 working days.

Fortunately after seeing your comment on Flying Returns Membership i have mentioned my existing Flying returns No on the online application but unfortunately i have been issued a new number on the card that i have received.

Can you guide me the process of getting my existing Frequent flyer number On my card removing the new number that was created.

Thanks
Oh, that's very simple. Call up the SBI cc customer care and tell them that you need the FFP humber changed to your existing number. They will oblige. Takes just a few days and they will issue a new card to you (same cc number but with your own ffp number printed on it)

But this process has a charge to it. They will deduct about 2000 points from your ffp balance if you want to change the ffp number.

You can try your luck by telling them that yiu filled in the actual ffp number during application but they still wrnt ahead and sent you a new one. In this case it'd be their mistake and they won't charge you anything.

bro i think you explore multiple ways to reach milestones for your amex cards ... can you list them like what is the best way to artificially spend with amex cards ??? i think recently you tried the housing app through my thread how is it ? is it going smooth ?
Bro can you share this thread unable to find it on your profile

@prince747 and can someone please help me in getting this card ..... i already 2 sbi cards and I want this as an upgrade to one of the cards either sbi prime or sbi sclik

@prince747 and can someone please help me in getting this card ..... i already 2 sbi cards and I want this as an upgrade to one of the cards either sbi prime or sbi sclik
In past i have Cashback and SBI prime but was unable to get Air India card. So, i closed SBI prime and after 15 days applied for Air India and Vola it got approved.

If SBI prime is not required, then transfer limit to another card and close it.

Reactions: SAS
Oh, that's very simple. Call up the SBI cc customer care and tell them that you need the FFP humber changed to your existing number. They will oblige. Takes just a few days and they will issue a new card to you (same cc number but with your own ffp number printed on it)

But this process has a charge to it. They will deduct about 2000 points from your ffp balance if you want to change the ffp number.

You can try your luck by telling them that yiu filled in the actual ffp number during application but they still wrnt ahead and sent you a new one. In this case it'd be their mistake and they won't charge you anything.
Same thing happened with me I entered my existing frequent flyer number but they created new one,when I asked them to link existing they said its gonna charge 2200 points I asked why that is their mistake asked them to crosscheck application otherwise will escalate it to RBI ombudsman ,then only they changed and delivered new card without any fee

In past i have Cashback and SBI prime but was unable to get Air India card. So, i closed SBI prime and after 15 days applied for Air India and Vola it got approved.

If SBI prime is not required, then transfer limit to another card and close it.
sure bhai thanks for the suggestion but after closing the card don't we have to wait for 3 months ?
i also heard that sbi prime limits transfer ratio is small I mean if you have 60k limit on prime then base limit 40 will ignore and will only transfer remaining 20k ? is that true

Has anyone sucessfully able to transfer sbi points to air india points ? What is the procedure only calling to customer care will be enough or they will be checking/match any info on the frequent flyer and sbi credit card?

sure bhai thanks for the suggestion but after closing the card don't we have to wait for 3 months ?
i also heard that sbi prime limits transfer ratio is small I mean if you have 60k limit on prime then base limit 40 will ignore and will only transfer remaining 20k ? is that true
1) in my case whole limit was transferred to the primary card

2) After closing i applied via agent (15 days after closing)

Has anyone sucessfully able to transfer sbi points to air india points ? What is the procedure only calling to customer care will be enough or they will be checking/match any info on the frequent flyer and sbi credit card?
It's a simple process. Just call customer care and they will transfer.. they will only transfer to the air india number registered on your card - make sure it's the correct one

I have done it once so far, a couple of months ago when Air India had a 20% bonus programme.

SBI helpline person will confirm the FFP number with you before they proceed. Its a simple enough process but took I think 2-3 days to reflect in my Air India account.

I also closed my sbi vistara prime card with 40k limit recently … after 3 days of closure applied for air India signature one and got it approved easily with 1.92L limit .

Back