• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Air India SBI Signature Card - Best Ever?

I did, they said they can’t directly without my application. Why, I don’t know.

I applied online itself and sent them the application number. Ball is in their court whatever they want to do.
Am at a loss to understand these sbi nimcampoos. When they can upgrade over call and they called me for new application over call and that to they goofed up. Over the call they do my experience. Lol

How did you upgrade? Offline or online?

I have an old SimplyCLICK, too.

I emailed SBI about card conversion, they said they cannot do that online. How did you get it done?
I've upgraded online.

In fact I didn't not upgrade as such. I went online and applied for the card. The process was smooth, no questions asked. Manual verification was done at my place.

The only after the card was approved I was sent a message that my current card was being upgraded. Even the limit was increased 3X compared to the previous card.

I've upgraded online.

The only after the card was approved I was sent a message that my current card was being upgraded. Even the limit was increased 3X compared to the previous card.

Interesting.. I am in the process; let's see what gives.

VKYC is done. Waiting on next steps.

Joining fee 1
At 1.5 another
At 3l another
When reached 3l the Club Vistara points gained i took another ticket and used class upgrade voucher on it😋
I took card and did 3l milestone within 5 days so now the card is sleeping lol
Milestone cards are meant for that only. I always have a problem in getting tickets on Vistara even 1 month in Advance.

Rewards Quota:

- 2 Business Class Tickets
- 6 PE and Economy.

Due to vast issuance of Vistara cards and FFP across many banks they are always out of quota. And they do operate on Hub and spoke model which is very tough to get unless you are from Mumbai and Delhi and travelling to and fro from them.

Milestone cards are meant for that only. I always have a problem in getting tickets on Vistara even 1 month in Advance.

Rewards Quota:

- 6 PE and Economy.

Due to vast issuance of Vistara cards and FFP across many banks they are always out of quota. And they do operate on Hub and spoke model which is very tough to get unless you are from Mumbai and Delhi and travelling to and fro from them.
With Chennai i never faced such issues but all my cases i booked 2 months a head
That 2 business class definitely tough but pe if planned 60days before so far so good
If u r using award flights take economy then try using upgrade voucher

Reactions: SAS
With Chennai i never faced such issues but all my cases i booked 2 months a head
That 2 business class definitely tough but pe if planned 60days before so far so good
I always had a problem in getting flights to Chennai because usually my planning with be in 30-40 days time frame.

Rewards Quota:

- 6 PE and Economy.

6 PE and Economy is still very good.

On Air India it is just 2 Economy tickets.

(I don't care for Business class tickets which need more points. I travel a LOT and would rather get 2/3 economy instead of one business :) )

That’s exactly what they told me over email. The Signature card is now Elite variant but they also mention that, causing confusion.
Do not apply/enquire via email. Just head to sbicard.com and apply for the card of your choice directly. In my case the upgrade was done automatically after processing the new application.

Did you buy Air India tickets with this card? How long did it take for the 30% reward points to get credited to your account? A lot of users complained about this and had to manually raise complaints with SBI and Air India to get them.
I just realised that I purchased an Air India ticket last month. But being the idiot that I am, I used the Add On card instead of the Primary card.

Even if the ticket is booked on AirIndia.com for myself (the primary card holder),I got just 10% Reward Points because I used the Add On card.

Learning new things everyday!!!

bro what about booking a PE in advance and after that using upgrade voucher to upgrade it to a business class ? is that okay ?

@SAS Depending on your portfolio and needs, close either SimplyCLICK or PRIME. If both are paid, close the one with higher fee. If both are free, close SimplyCLICK, and apply for Air India SBI Signature. Then, transfer the limit and close PRIME. Or, keep a core card (only if LTF) and also the co-branded (Air India SBI Signature).

Some days ago, I received a call from SBI Card, and they told me that they are FLIPPING my SimplyCLICK to Air India SBI Signature. This means that once I get my new card, they will close the SimplyCLICK.

Today, I see a new card number in my SBI Card app, but not the variant. This means that the card is already flipped, apparently, and I should be receiving the physical card soon.

So, as OP said, they have 'upgraded' the card in my case, too. Limit seems to be the same as before. Okay for now.

EDIT: The card is visible on SBI Card website, the correct variant. The app would be updated soon, I suppose.

Last edited:
\
@SAS Depending on your portfolio and needs, close either SimplyCLICK or PRIME. If both are paid, close the one with higher fee. If both are free, close SimplyCLICK, and apply for Air India SBI Signature. Then, transfer the limit and close PRIME. Or, keep a core card (only if LTF) and also the co-branded (Air India SBI Signature).
thank you so much bhai, for the detailed info ... and I have had a convo with sbi social media team they are saying that sbi prime has a base limit of 40k which means out of my current limit 63k I can only transfer 23k to other card and the rest 40k is wasted I think .... so first somehow I will try to close the simply click by transferring limits to prime and then apply for air India signature and if I get that then I will transfer prime limits to air India and will close prime also (both my prime and click are paid) - suggest me if anything wrong with my thoughts

Only condition for using an upgrade voucher is that either ur ticket should be revenue booked or award flight
We get pe on milestones right those tickets cant be upgraded
bro i think you explore multiple ways to reach milestones for your amex cards ... can you list them like what is the best way to artificially spend with amex cards ??? i think recently you tried the housing app through my thread how is it ? is it going smooth ?

bro i think you explore multiple ways to reach milestones for your amex cards ... can you list them like what is the best way to artificially spend with amex cards ??? i think recently you tried the housing app through my thread how is it ? is it going smooth ?
Yes bro used 1.5l on AmEx and idfc Club Vistara 3l plus on housing app
Will give a gap and use second spell by November
Thanks for your support 👍

Back