• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis Bank credit Card VKYC done, but application still under review

haroldh

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi, I applied to Airtel Axis bank credit card. The VKYC was done, its more than a week and the status is still under process.

1) Can anyone tell me how many days will it take?
2) Should I mail someone to check the status
3) There was CIBIL enquiry hit 2 times on the same date for the credit card application. How do I remove one enquiry?

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
The entire process takes max 15-20 days, just be patient for now.

First priority is to get the card 🤣 get it and then we can discuss, but I doubt they are going to remove the 2nd enquiry.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
They do remove enquiries if we request politely and with valid reasons. My both enquiries for Airtel card were removed (original as well as duplicate).
How did you do that? I mean, I can understand that a second inquiry is possible, but how did you manage to remove your first inquiry, and that too with Axis? 😂

P B R G

TF Ace
How did you do that? I mean, I can understand that a second inquiry is possible, but how did you manage to remove your first inquiry, and that too with Axis? 😂
I just requested them to remove/suppress the duplicate enquiry. They have removed both enquiries.

No bamboos 😂, even I was surprised they were so straight to the point and nice.

Chin

TF Buzz
I was offered a pre-approved Airtel Axis card and was being spammed by Airtel for having an old number, but while applying it asked for income proof so I selected 6m bank statement, after VKYC I got another its "Provisionally Approved" message, Yet after that, they called and kept asking for a salary slip or ITR and when I declined, they rejected the application.
And the fun part is I already own another asskiss bank card ie Flipkart Asskiss card.
These guys are absolutely lost.

P B R G

TF Ace
I was offered a pre-approved Airtel Axis card and was being spammed by Airtel for having an old number, but while applying it asked for income proof so I selected 6m bank statement, after VKYC I got another its "Provisionally Approved" message, Yet after that, they called and kept asking for a salary slip or ITR and when I declined, they rejected the application.
And the fun part is I already own another asskiss bank card ie Flipkart Asskiss card.
Income proof is mandatory for Airtel card. For Flipkart, Ace, Myzone etc they don't ask income proof.

4uziaul

TF Pioneer
Contributor
That was not a pre-approved message, if you have Airtel App or any association with Airtel they will spam you with that message on WhatsApp or through SMS.

P B R G

TF Ace
Not right, sir. It varies on a case-by-case basis. I applied for an Airtel card, and they never asked for income proof. Woh alag baat hai 5 baar reject kar diya 🤣
Few exceptions will always be there, sir. Their CC team only confirmed Income proof is mandatory for Airtel card. @Alex292929 's card was also rejected because he couldn't furnish income proof.

Chaitanya-a

TF Prestige
Few exceptions will always be there, sir. Their CC team only confirmed Income proof is mandatory for Airtel card. @Alex292929 's card was also rejected because he couldn't furnish income proof.
Not mandatory. Surely on case to case basis. It did not asked me income proof when I applied an year ago. And before that, I was not having a single relationship with Ax-is bank.

Applied for Airtel Axis last week, Card is approved now and dispatched. No income proof was asked, only office address and official email-ID. Got Axis IOCL around 6 months ago and haven't submitted any proofs for that as well

I applied on 2nd June night and did vkyc next day. They didn't provide the application number so I DM them on Twitter and on 4th June I got a message of "72hrs" to decide my application. 5th June application approved and card dispatched on 7th. No income proof demanded. This was my first application with Airtel axis card.