• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Airtel Axis credit card application using Jio number

StarkM

TF Buzz
Since I tried twice with my own & father's airtel no. via airtel thanks app before & got eventually rejected I waited for more than 3 months and finally applied using my jio no. on 24 Aug 2023. VKYC was done the same day & since then it says kyc documents successfully submitted & application under review. However, today I received few text messages all at once regarding updating of my jio no & new email id which was used during application against my flipkart & myzone axis cards. Pls tell does this means that my long awaited airtel card is going to be approved soon or is it another glitch from airtel/axis end?

I tried to apply using my jio number, but am unable to apply, it is giving incorrect details enter error. Anyone got the same?
Have been stuck on that error for weeks now!! And in my case i am using an Airtel number since my primary number from jio which is linked to airtel broadband services shows no offer for Airtel Axis!!

I tried to apply using my jio number, but am unable to apply, it is giving incorrect details enter error. Anyone got the same?
Yes, many number of people are facing the same issue. I have tried from 4 members' Airtel app. No luck. I guess this is how Axis is limiting this card users. No information on what is wrong, no use with branch and customer care. You will end up giving.

How did you apply using Jio number, when you login Airtel Thanks app, you can only be logged in Airtel Number right? Can you share how you used other network number?
An original Airtel number if ported to Jio or Vodafone Idea will work on the Airtel thanks app

After rejections with two airtel nos. I tried my luck with my jio no & it worked. Now axis app is showing airtel axis mastercard unbox icon as usual with last four digits awaiting activation. Although I heard that currently otp is not coming while trying to register airtel thanks app with non-airtel nos...might be temporary glitch. I personally suggest those having no offer available in app or repeated rejections to apply from new nos having no link or history to axis. Also to maintain around 3 months gap from last axis cc approval. Although as told by many in this forum dat axis work in mysterious ways.
Yes indeed mysteriously, they sent a mail saying there should be 3 months gap between two cc credit card approvals, and in the same mail advertise and ask me to apply for their new credit card

i applied for axis airtel on 11th oct 1AM … got conditionally approved , did vkyc at 7AM the same day and kyc updated at 11AM same day
applied from my secondary number (no cc from this number) ..
i have a primary number (everything linked) even my kwik cc

but when i track this application on axis site by pan number and mob no.
i cant find any Application from my secondary mob no.
but i can from my primary no.

1. can anyone explain whats this ?
2. how much days to wait for the decision ?(got a mail on 11th oct 11AM .. Thank you for applying for Axis Bank Credit Card, the final decision will be communicated within 72 hours)

i applied for axis airtel on 11th oct 1AM … got conditionally approved , did vkyc at 7AM the same day and kyc updated at 11AM same day

2. how much days to wait for the decision ?(got a mail on 11th oct 11AM .. Thank you for applying for Axis Bank Credit Card, the final decision will be communicated within 72 hours)
Be ready for two cibil hard enquiries

yea got that already
Cant say definite about their approval process. Mine got rejected without any concrete reason 3 months back, inspite holding more than 10lac fd balance with the bank, priority salary and savings account for more than 10 yrs. Even they reject credit limit increase request as they can't read their own bank's salary account details.
But mine is an exception, things hopefully will work for you

I can find two different status for my primary and secondary number. I'm able to see two different applications for both numbers.

Back