• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazing Award Redemption

Maxwell

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
This is extremely impressive 30k points for an international business class.
Just curious, what was the fare you were shown in terms of amount 120,000??

Kindly let us know

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Just made a fantastic award redemption for travel in July. Delhi to London in Business Class for 30000 points only. Got a Valuation of over Rs. 4 per edge point. Was'nt available online so I called the Turkish CC and then did the booking there. Took 20 minutes in total.
How much tax did you pay?

Stratosphere

TF Select
VIP Lounge
This is extremely impressive 30k points for an international business class.
Just curious, what was the fare you were shown in terms of amount 120,000??

Kindly let us know

It's was 183610. Still shows the same on the airindia.in website

Stratosphere

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Award space like this is almost never available. Only 1 seat in the entire cabin. It was just sheer luck that I got it. Turkish usually charges 60000 points and a nice amount of surcharges for their redemptions.

ak93

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Award space like this is almost never available. Only 1 seat in the entire cabin. It was just sheer luck that I got it. Turkish usually charges 60000 points and a nice amount of surcharges for their redemptions.
Right, i heard the taxes/surcharges are very high on points redemption. 30k points + ₹1500 taxes seem unreal!

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Just made a fantastic award redemption for travel in July. Delhi to London in Business Class for 30000 points only. Got a Valuation of over Rs. 4 per edge point. Was'nt available online so I called the Turkish CC and then did the booking there. Took 20 minutes in total.
Hi,
I wanted to book a flight from Mumbai to London using miles for my family member who is going for studies.
So which flight should I booking around 20th September which would get me the best deal?need 45kg and above luggage allowance and premium economy or business class whichever is available
I have 70k premier miles
4k amex points
5k rbl icon pts
6k vistara pts
2k scb priority pts
2k indusind pinnacle pt
5-6k idfc select pts

Maxwell

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
Please let us know if it is direct flight or a connecting flight via Turkey. Please share more info of the ticket and the allowed baggage.

Note: Please avoid or mask sensitive information if you are posting the ticket picture

akil_av17

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I recently had the opportunity to book my first reward flight through Turkish Airlines. It was an Air India business class flight from AMD (Ahmedabad) to YYZ (Toronto) with a layover in DEL (Delhi). The total cost of the redemption was 52,000 Turkish Miles & Smiles miles. Considering the value I received, it was a great deal, as I obtained approximately INR 6.75 per mile with this redemption.

While the overall cost of the reward flight was reasonable, I did have to pay around INR 2,500 for taxes. It's worth noting that finding saver award space on Turkish Airlines can be a bit challenging. However, once you manage to find availability, the rewards are highly satisfying.

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
I recently had the opportunity to book my first reward flight through Turkish Airlines. It was an Air India business class flight from AMD (Ahmedabad) to YYZ (Toronto) with a layover in DEL (Delhi). The total cost of the redemption was 52,000 Turkish Miles & Smiles miles. Considering the value I received, it was a great deal, as I obtained approximately INR 6.75 per mile with this redemption.

While the overall cost of the reward flight was reasonable, I did have to pay around INR 2,500 for taxes. It's worth noting that finding saver award space on Turkish Airlines can be a bit challenging. However, once you manage to find availability, the rewards are highly satisfying.
How are you getting to pay so less in taxes it asks me to pay 100 usd in taxes for Mumbai London routes with 30000 miles ?

Tejas

TF Premier
Airmiles Expert
Credit Card Expert
Please let us know if it is direct flight or a connecting flight via Turkey. Please share more info of the ticket and the allowed baggage.

Note: Please avoid or mask sensitive information if you are posting the ticket picture
Its most likely an Air India direct flight.

Turkish Airlines Flights (Via Turkey) will never have this low Taxes.

akil_av17

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
How are you getting to pay so less in taxes it asks me to pay 100 usd in taxes for Mumbai London routes with 30000 miles ?
I'm not entirely sure about the specifics regarding taxation for reward flights as it may vary depending on the airline or the specific airports involved. It's possible that taxation could be influenced by factors such as the airline's policies or whether it's an inbound or outbound flight.

grshnehete

TF Select
How do you guys search for seats in Turkish airline site.
I go to star alliance booking, and enter to & from, but it only allows us to see seats for the day entered.
Everytime I enter a random date, it comes as no seat available. Is there a way to see on which date the seat is available?

jetmix

TF Buzz
WoW

Please convey the Spent had thru CC to reach 30K edge points.

PS - I am not holding Axis CC but curious to know.

Last edited:

sxchzy

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
How do you guys search for seats in Turkish airline site.
I go to star alliance booking, and enter to & from, but it only allows us to see seats for the day entered.
Everytime I enter a random date, it comes as no seat available. Is there a way to see on which date the seat is available?
go on turkish airlines website
create a account on smiles and miles

Stratosphere

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Hi,
I wanted to book a flight from Mumbai to London using miles for my family member who is going for studies.
So which flight should I booking around 20th September which would get me the best deal?need 45kg and above luggage allowance and premium economy or business class whichever is available
I have 70k premier miles
4k amex points
5k rbl icon pts
6k vistara pts
2k scb priority pts
2k indusind pinnacle pt
5-6k idfc select pts
I think you can use the premier miles to convert to Turkish and try to find award availability. The rest of the points are not enough for an international redemption.

Stratosphere

TF Select
VIP Lounge

Direct flight. 2 pcs of 32KG each allowed in check in 1 piece of carry on