• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amazon stops allowing combining Amazon Pay balance with any other payment method

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Wanted to highlight this thread for you:

So, please be wary of keeping a large amount in your Amazon Pay Wallet.

That is why I only apply GV codes before I want to make a big purchase
until then I keep them in my email account in a seperate folder.

All small amouts of GV i.e. less than 1K I add them to my wallet ...
More than 1K GV's, I keep them in my email account

Last edited:

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Yes I am aware, what about transfer to banks account? Is that free?
You can't transfer the Amazon "Gift card balance" to any bank account, not even for a fee. But there exists other services which do it for a charge though.

However, the Amazon Pay's Money balance (Which you top-up on Amazon directly with UPI/cards/netbanking) can be transferred to any account by UPI only.

scn

TF Premier
Well I never get to chance to use this combination but it is devaluation for the rewards at some level. someone can save more by combining amazon pay with cc offers. But looks this is over

Eg:
  • eg: Amazon pay gift card gives 5% cashback with sbi cb
  • lets say, CC/DC 10% offers upto 1000 off on some sale days
  • person buying Rs. 15000 item
  • If they combine 10k with 5kwallet, they can save 1000 + 250 extra on wallet cashback

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
Partial Payments working for Shopping Txns as usually.

Effected Payments are Bill Payments and Recharges and May be Third Party Merchant Payments
I can't use it for Shopping transactions either since yesterday. The screenshot I provided in my post was for a Shopping transaction.
Let’s wait until next week, everything will be clear for everyone

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer
I want Amazon to discontinued Amazon Gift Cards and only issue Amazon Shopping Vouchers, Amazon Fresh vouchers, Amazon Prime Voucher etc.

This will be a game changer move.

Kyun hai na bhaiyo aur unki behano ?

Tweet kardu kya bolo ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hai, pata hai pata hai. mera baat sunn kar tumlogo ko yeh meme share karne ki badi chull machegi -

mirzapur-kaleen-bhaiyaa-bhdike-1024x576.jpg

CosmicCat

TF Premier
I want Amazon to discontinued Amazon Gift Cards and only issue Amazon Shopping Vouchers, Amazon Fresh vouchers, Amazon Prime Voucher etc.

This will be a game changer move.

Kyun hai na bhaiyo aur unki behano ?

Tweet kardu kya bolo ? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Hai, pata hai pata hai. mera baat sunn kar tumlogo ko yeh meme share karne ki badi chull machegi -

mirzapur-kaleen-bhaiyaa-bhdike-1024x576.jpg
Also, what are these new bawaseers namely "Amazon Shopping Voucher", "Amazon Prime Voucher", "Amazon Fresh voucher", "Amazon Jungle Voucher", etc.? The one and only Amazon Pay balance was enough. The more make it really confusing.

For instance, I can use the Amazon Pay balance for a Fresh order, so why to have a separate Amazon Fresh voucher? I fear they might stop allowing Amazon Pay Wallet balance for Fresh orders and would allow only Amazon Fresh vouchers to be used in the future.

Additionally, I recently got an Amazon Prime voucher from PhonePe for free, and redeemed it. Now every time I want to order an item, they show a big banner "This voucher can't be used for this purchase" on top! Bhai, pata hai mujhe ki use nahi hoga, toh tum dikha kyun rahe ho itna bada-bada upar?

Apparently, there has been a change in their leadership team, and they are doing a miserable job in it! Whoever suggested these peculiar ideas should be imprisoned for life and never be allowed to get hired again.

cardio_guy

TF Ace
Also, what are these new bawaseers namely "Amazon Shopping Voucher", "Amazon Prime Voucher", "Amazon Fresh voucher", "Amazon Jungle Voucher", etc.? The one and only Amazon Pay balance was enough. The more make it really confusing.

For instance, I can use the Amazon Pay balance for a Fresh order, so why to have a separate Amazon Fresh voucher? I fear they might stop allowing Amazon Pay Wallet balance for Fresh orders and would allow only Amazon Fresh vouchers to be used in the future.

Additionally, I recently got an Amazon Prime voucher from PhonePe for free, and redeemed it. Now every time I want to order an item, they show a big banner "This voucher can't be used for this purchase" on top! Bhai, pata hai mujhe ki use nahi hoga, toh tum dikha kyun rahe ho itna bada-bada upar?

Apparently, there has been a change in their leadership team, and they are doing a miserable job in it! Whoever suggested these peculiar ideas should be imprisoned for life and never be allowed to get hired again.
Yes, these individual category-based vouchers are going to be a headache for users.

Shroud

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Exactly, they're very much desperate to kill the apay card. They're allowing ICICI to devalue the card (recent rent fiasco and more exclusions coming soon) and now this move which is another indirect devaluation of the card (we get cashback in form of apay balance only if I'm not wrong)

CosmicCat

TF Premier
Exactly, they're very much desperate to kill the apay card. They're allowing ICICI to devalue the card (recent rent fiasco and more exclusions coming soon) and now this move which is another indirect devaluation of the card (we get cashback in form of apay balance only if I'm not wrong)
Exactly! It's the BIGGEST DEVALUATION of the Amazon Pay ICICI Bank Credit Card ever (indirectly)!

Suppose you have an Amazon Pay Balance of ₹5,000, and you wanted to buy a ₹15,000 phone. Earlier, you could have just redeemed ₹5,000 from the APay Balance and paid the remainder amount (₹10,000 in this case) with your ICICI Amazon Pay credit card and you got 5% cashback (₹500 in this case) on the amount paid with the card.

But, now, to redeem the Amazon Pay Balance amount, all you have to do is to top it up with the remainder amount, which does not even fetch rewards with most debit/credit cards available!

Last edited:

CyberPsych

TF Ace
Well I never get to chance to use this combination but it is devaluation for the rewards at some level. someone can save more by combining amazon pay with cc offers. But looks this is over

Eg:
  • eg: Amazon pay gift card gives 5% cashback with sbi cb
  • lets say, CC/DC 10% offers upto 1000 off on some sale days
  • person buying Rs. 15000 item
  • If they combine 10k with 5kwallet, they can save 1000 + 250 extra on wallet cashback
Only last month I discovered this and BAMMM

Reactions: SSV

newinnov

TF Premier
I'm one of the amazon insider, whom they give money for watching unreleased movies with NDA.
Since last couple of the weeks they are asking feedback/survey aggressively on payment methods, I think they are going to either revamp some sections or patch some loopholes. But they will do it sensibly, comparing customer happiness with money drain. hence the private feedbacks... (Just assumption)