• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

American Express Platinum Charge vs Axis Atlas

mrigank

TF Buzz
I want a good travel centric credit card. I am confused between American Express Platinum Charge Card and Axis Atlas. I want a card from which I can book flights and hotel. Which can provide good air miles and i can book hotels with points. My annual expense with Credit Card is between 3-4 Lakhs. Please suggest me a good credit card ?

shutapdiya

TF Ace
Contributor
I want a good travel centric credit card. I am confused between American Express Platinum Charge Card and Axis Atlas. I want a card from which I can book flights and hotel. Which can provide good air miles and i can book hotels with points. My annual expense with Credit Card is between 3-4 Lakhs. Please suggest me a good credit card ?
I hope you mean Amex Platinum Travel card and not Platinum Charge card

If you can spend 4 Lac (consider amex acceptability where you spend) minimum then platinum travel is good card

Rewards are good/ great if transferred to Marriott (for hotel booking)
And OK for transfer to Airmiles (for flight booking)

For Atlas, if your spends are on travel category only then it might be good card

simplegarv

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Atlas for less than 7.5L is not good so you can go for AMEX Platinum Travel Card.

mrigank

TF Buzz
Is there any alternative to American Express Platinum Travel card because we cannot use in offline spends. Any other alternative ? Regalia Gold is a good option ?

Last edited:

Jeetu@RFI

TF Buzz
Is there any alternative to American Express Platinum Travel card because we cannot use in offline spends. Any other alternative ? Regalia Gold is a good option ?
I think Axis Atlas card is worth more than Amex Plat Travel card. It gives miles on even utility bill payments till now. Offline is also easily accessible. Miles conversion ratio is 1:2. And if you can spend 7.5 lakhs then 5000 bonus miles ( 2500 miles for 3 lacs). Annual benefit is 5000 miles or 10000 airmiles. All is well compared to other travel cards.

Lobogris

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I think Axis Atlas card is worth more than Amex Plat Travel card. It gives miles on even utility bill payments till now. Offline is also easily accessible. Miles conversion ratio is 1:2. And if you can spend 7.5 lakhs then 5000 bonus miles ( 2500 miles for 3 lacs). Annual benefit is 5000 miles or 10000 airmiles. All is well compared to other travel cards.
Fully agree with you. I have never understood the benefit of Amex cards.

Calm Radiance

TF Premier
I agree with Lobogris and Jeetu@RFI
Even if you cross 4lakhs spend on Amex and take Taj vouchers; these vouchers cannot be redeemed for Taj discount plus adding the headache of acceptability issue - both online and offline.
Lastly, the lounge access is very poor in Amex Plat, check Atlas lounge access list and you'll know.

(truth be told Amex relies on MLM: many people including myself give Amex referral link as we earn 8000 points and its beneficial to those who use our link to get card FYF + 2000 points, if these are removed - I believe majority of people will leave Amex ecosystem, Amex knows they're not offering something exceptional and thereby rely on MLM and good customer care.)

Okay so about Atlas; Atlas also gives you airport pickup service if you meet the spend criteria and on paying the renewal fee - you get edge miles, none heard in Amex plat.

Check best cards of 2024 TF list - Atlas is found mostly in each category, that speaks for itself. only con of Axis in general is their customer care.

In short, Atlas is mix of Magnus and Reserve without the hefty annual fee, read reviews of Atlas - happy savings!

Last edited: