• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX application submitted, What is next?

jd123

TF Buzz
I already submitted an application for the new AMEX credit card. The application number is generated. What is next procedure?
IMG_20220919_101835.jpg

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
At what stage do they do the hard CIBIL inquiry? I wanted to check if they approve a new card for me (I already have MRCC since 5 years) but dont want them to hit my cibil. At what stage should I stop?

Wealth is my birth right!

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
At what stage do they do the hard CIBIL inquiry? I wanted to check if they approve a new card for me (I already have MRCC since 5 years) but dont want them to hit my cibil. At what stage should I stop?
Since you've 5 yr relationship with AmEx just a quick question if i take an addon card will the monthly 2k MR points will be applicable under spending 20k in add-on card too, if YES then will all these 4000 points (on spend of 20k plus 20k) credited to a single account under my login (even if my wife used the add-on MRCC).
Hope this model of add-on rewards is applicable to all AmEx cards including 'smartearn' and gold charge cards too

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Since you've 5 yr relationship with AmEx just a quick question if i take an addon card will the monthly 2k MR points will be applicable under spending 20k in add-on card too, if YES then will all these 4000 points (on spend of 20k plus 20k) credited to a single account under my login (even if my wife used the add-on MRCC).
Hope this model of add-on rewards is applicable to all AmEx cards including 'smartearn' and gold charge cards too
No, there's no separate membership reward system for add-on card. The spending on add-on card is counted towards the primary card only. In other words, if you spend 20K on primary card and 20K on add on, you will still get only 2k reward points.

But when AMEX comes out with offers, each card is considered unique. For e.g. "10% off on electronics" - you will get 10% on each card. They had a fantastic offer last august - shop from small business for 5 times for min. 1000 each transaction and get 50% back on all 5 transactions, where I used both primary and secondary card....did shopping of 20K and got 10K back. https://www.americanexpress.com/en-in/benefits/shop-small/faq/

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No, there's no separate membership reward system for add-on card. The spending on add-on card is counted towards the primary card only. In other words, if you spend 20K on primary card and 20K on add on, you will still get only 2k reward points.

But when AMEX comes out with offers, each card is considered unique. For e.g. "10% off on electronics" - you will get 10% on each card. They had a fantastic offer last august - shop from small business for 5 times for min. 1000 each transaction and get 50% back on all 5 transactions, where I used both primary and secondary card....did shopping of 20K and got 10K back. https://www.americanexpress.com/en-in/benefits/shop-small/faq/
Thanks for the clarification:)
So reward system capping works on per account basis however seasonal offers work on add on too since last digits vary in card numbers
Got it now

anirbanm

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Honestly, it's tempting to get it right away. I spoke with executives and I know I'll get it if I apply, but currently I'm waiting for referrals to start ... So November it is!
I was somehow sure that you will not wait for referrals either inspite of all the recommendations in the space :D
November is too far away.

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
Honestly, it's tempting to get it right away. I spoke with executives and I know I'll get it if I apply, but currently I'm waiting for referrals to start ... So November it is!
Haha, it is
I will either spend to get the fee waiver or get a plat travel or gold charge when referrals start and make this free.

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Is the add on chargeable?
In the card documentation, supplementary card was mentioned at Rs 1500.
No, I did not pay any charge.

Found this in their TnC (refer 3.1.1): https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/in/legal/mitc/Lending_Card_Member_Agreement.pdf

Up to 4 Supplementary Cards for American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card, 1 Card for American Express PAYBACK Credit Card, American Express Gold Credit Card, and American Express SmartEarnTM Credit Card andup to 2 Supplementary Cards for all other Credit Cards are complimentary with the Basic Credit Card, post which the Standard Supplementary Card Fee will be applicable.

Revitup

TF Select
VIP Lounge
No, I did not pay any charge.

Found this in their TnC (refer 3.1.1): https://www.americanexpress.com/content/dam/amex/in/legal/mitc/Lending_Card_Member_Agreement.pdf

Up to 4 Supplementary Cards for American Express Platinum ReserveSM Credit Card, 1 Card for American Express PAYBACK Credit Card, American Express Gold Credit Card, and American Express SmartEarnTM Credit Card andup to 2 Supplementary Cards for all other Credit Cards are complimentary with the Basic Credit Card, post which the Standard Supplementary Card Fee will be applicable.
Thanks, will have a word with Amex.
What docs do they ask for add on?

BMR

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks, will have a word with Amex.
What docs do they ask for add on?
They had not asked me any documents whatsoever. No I’d proof or marriage certificate. Agent took my request on phone. Their app wasn’t there back then. They just asked for the name and the shipping address and sent it. But that was 5 years ago. Don’t know the current rules.

TF Prestige
Contributor
VIP Lounge
They had not asked me any documents whatsoever. No I’d proof or marriage certificate. Agent took my request on phone. Their app wasn’t there back then. They just asked for the name and the shipping address and sent it. But that was 5 years ago. Don’t know the current rules.
Lol getting remembered of hdfc regalia when I asked add on branch asked to open a sb account in my wife’s name to do kyc I withdraw that plan then

• Haha
Reactions: BMR

Amrish

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
What is the AC card in Amex. My gold card got approved yesterday and today I received 2 mails about dispatch of card. Both mails have different card numbers with one having AC at the end of the card number. Is it like a supplementary card?