• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AMEX MRCC LTF

iamhks

TF Buzz
So I have the Amex Gold (paid) already.
I asked for MRCC companion and they denied, thereafter, I applied MRCC via referral and got delivered today.
I asked them for companion again and they said they don't offer, mentioned it's already 1500 instead of 4500.
If I don't activate the card for a while will they offer it as a companion?

vaibhav111

TF Legend
TF Family
VIP Lounge
Sr Moderator
I asked for MRCC companion and they denied, thereafter, I applied MRCC via referral and got delivered today.
I asked them for companion again and they said they don't offer, mentioned it's already 1500 instead of 4500.
No it won't be converted into LTF.

SSV

TF Pioneer
Contributor
VIP Lounge
No need for that bro download MobiKwik add money from amex apply code century upto rs 100 Cashback for 1%

MobiKwik charges 3% so effectively you will pay 2% then put that money in MobiKwik Xtra for 1 mk thand earn 1% Xtra and pay the bill from hdfc platinum debit card via hdfc bill pay application and easily earn reward points and achieve milestone
Only small correction..
Century now gives 100 back for a minimum of 15k wallet load I.e. @0.67% CB

Last edited:

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
At the time of renewal, rather than requesting for a companion card, first ask for a 100% waiver of fee on the lower variant card stating that it does not make any sense to pay for both the cards. If they don't agree then suggest closure of the higher variant (where your fee outgo would be more) and then in the end negotiate & ask for the lower variant to be made a companion card. Majority of the times, the lower variant shall be made a companion card

Tay

TF Buzz
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I'm sorry for asking... But
What's companion card???
So basically, in case of Amex if you hold 2 cards lets say MRCC and Plat Travel then many a times the lower variant (MRCC in this case) becomes a complimentary card aka companion card (wherein you don't need to pay the fees for the companion card as long as you keep and pay for the higher variant card)

Riya

TF Ace
So basically, in case of Amex if you hold 2 cards lets say MRCC and Plat Travel then many a times the lower variant (MRCC in this case) becomes a complimentary card aka companion card (wherein you don't need to pay the fees for the companion card as long as you keep and pay for the higher variant card)
So, I have an MRCC card and I want to make gold charge card as companion card... is it possible?
or will the MRCC card become companion card even if it was my first card