• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Platinum Charge without income proof

That shouldn't be an issue
You can hold 2 credit card and 2 charge card from Amex.
Just drop a mail to their grievience department asking for reason , they would certainly help
Just spoke to CC & they are said I need to cancel the Gold charge card first & then apply for the Plat Charge. When I asked for an upgrade they denied saying upgrade not possible unless pre approved ! Kindly suggest please.

Also, which email address should I drop the mail to ? Nodal or headcustservice ?

Just spoke to CC & they are said I need to cancel the Gold charge card first & then apply for the Plat Charge. When I asked for an upgrade they denied saying upgrade not possible unless pre approved ! Kindly suggest please.

Also, which email address should I drop the mail to ? Nodal or headcustservice ?
Customer support is BS
Just drop a mail to
Head-Customerservicesindia@aexp.com

And tell them there are multiple cases of people holding both Gold and plat charge , ask them to provide clear cut reason for decline

Customer support is BS
Just drop a mail to
Head-Customerservicesindia@aexp.com

And tell them there are multiple cases of people holding both Gold and plat charge , ask them to provide clear cut reason for decline
Update : Just one email too their head customer service & they sent an invite for an upgrade on my email within 3 hours. I also received a call & he just asked me to reply to that with my consent. Also asked me to choose between 55K Taj or 115,000 MR & I gladly chose MR for the 1:1 MB conversion.

Do think the card will be approved ?

Thank you much bro for your suggestion brother. Thank you so much.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 4.57.24 PM.png

Thank you much bro for the suggestion. Thank you

Reactions: BVC
Update : Just one email too their head customer service & they sent an invite for an upgrade on my email within 3 hours. I also received a call & he just asked me to reply to that with my consent. Also asked me to choose between 55K Taj or 115,000 MR & I gladly chose MR for the 1:1 MB conversion.

View attachment 32165

As per this mail ,your gold card will get upgraded to Platinum charge .
Since it's an upgrade , your gold charge will get closed .
Because your plat charge will have the exact same details like card number etc of your gold charge.

As per this mail ,your gold card will get upgraded to Platinum charge .
Since it's an upgrade , your gold charge will get closed .
Because your plat charge will have the exact same details like card number etc of your gold charge.
So, now no chance of the upgrade getting declined, right ? As in I will definitely get the Plat charge, right ? He said he will get back to me if there is any KYC requirement but nothing till now.

So, now no chance of the upgrade getting declined, right ? As in I will definitely get the Plat charge, right ? He said he will get back to me if there is any KYC requirement but nothing till now.
According to the email you got from them, you are approved for Platinum charge card, they invited you to choose your preferred Welcome gift fromt he two choices available..
This indicates that you got your Plat Charge Card..

View attachment 32165

Just curious to know the spending pattern and the age of your gold charge card?

According to the email you got from them, you are approved for Platinum charge card, they invited you to choose your preferred Welcome gift fromt he two choices available..
This indicates that you got your Plat Charge Card..
Well, the guy on the phone asked me to only give my consent by replying to the email. There was also a link which opens an application form but he asked me not to click on it. Just reply giving my consent and choose the welcome benefit.

However, he also said he or someone from the internal team will get back if they need anything else ! Really confused now.

They had declined my previous application & now sent the invite after emailing grievance.

Well, the guy on the phone asked me to only give my consent by replying to the email. There was also a link which opens an application form but he asked me not to click on it. Just reply giving my consent and choose the welcome benefit.

However, he also said he or someone from the internal team will get back if they need anything else ! Really confused now.

They had declined my previous application & now sent the invite after emailing grievance.
They won’t offer you to choose welcome gift unless they made a decision, that is how I see it.
They are doing some formalities, henc didn’t want you to reapply. Yours is a done deal..
All this is my view based on what you presented here.. If I need to take a bet on your application, I will place my bets on the event that your card has been approved..

They won’t offer you to choose welcome gift unless they made a decision, that is how I see it.
They are doing some formalities, henc didn’t want you to reapply. Yours is a done deal..
All this is my view based on what you presented here.. If I need to take a bet on your application, I will place my bets on the event that your card has been approved..
I hope so too, now sat, sun in between .. Fingers crossed 🤞🏼

Reactions: SSV

My application for plat charge was on income proof waiver but when i called cc they told me you’ll get a call but i never received the call and the card was approved after 2 days

My application for plat charge was on income proof waiver but when i called cc they told me you’ll get a call but i never received the call and the card was approved after 2 days
Mine seems to be an upgrade .. I don’t have a clue how that will that work with amex .. If they will move my current outstanding to the new card “if approved” or will ask me to clear the balance off the Gold card first ! I do have a few unbilled outstanding on the Gold charge.

Back