• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex reduced limit of Plat Charge

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Hi guys i just received the email.
I have never missed any payment
But they reduced my limit to 2.6L

What can be the reason?
Anyone else facing this issue?
Will it increase over time? Or else I’ll close it in renewal

Attachments

• IMG_2271.jpeg
    IMG_2271.jpeg
    255.1 KB · Views: 134

elite34700

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I guess OP CIBIL soft pull had some issues. Otherwise Amex doesn’t restrict over spending pattern instead restricts over risk. OP check your CIBIL once and if you feel this is a mistake then raise it to them.

Reactions: SSV

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi guys i just received the email.
I have never missed any payment
But they reduced my limit to 2.6L

What can be the reason?
Anyone else facing this issue?
Will it increase over time? Or else I’ll close it in renewal
some negative trigger.. spend to income / cibil / suspicious transactions / over usage.. talk to bank.. sort it out.. they haven't blocked it so definitely not anything to do with fraud.. will increase slowly

bvc19296

TF Legend
TF Family
Contributor
VIP Lounge
I spend around 5-7 Lac monthly
In that case they should be assuming mismatch between income and spending. please check with customer care and provide the documents to them.

Usually Platinum card is a charge card and limit will be varying according to your spends. Never saw Amex sending Credit limit mail for charge card.

Heisenberg37

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
In that case they should be assuming mismatch between income and spending. please check with customer care and provide the documents to them.

Usually Platinum card is a charge card and limit will be varying according to your spends. Never saw Amex sending Credit limit mail for charge card.

Check if CIBIL fell 2-3 points in the last few days, banks have this tendency to downgrade, happened to me twice before
Yes dropped by 2 points

watchseekr

TF Buzz
I had the same thing happen a few months ago. My monthly spends were decent at 6-8 lakhs a month and suddenly they put a limit of 2.6 as well. Their own retention team wasn't sure why it happened but claimed it was done automatically by their system and they couldn't reverse it. After 2 credit reviews or whatever it is when they ask for the documents to be sent so they can manually raise the limit and with the renewal charges being posted - I asked for the card to cancelled and hey raised it to 4 lakhs - which was too low for a 70k per year card so moved on from Platinum.

My suggestion is that you can try asking for a credit review but somehow we are the few unlucky ones who randomly get flagged by their system and the backend staff will not be able to help much.

Zacobite

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
I had the same thing happen a few months ago. My monthly spends were decent at 6-8 lakhs a month and suddenly they put a limit of 2.6 as well. Their own retention team wasn't sure why it happened but claimed it was done automatically by their system and they couldn't reverse it. After 2 credit reviews or whatever it is when they ask for the documents to be sent so they can manually raise the limit and with the renewal charges being posted - I asked for the card to cancelled and hey raised it to 4 lakhs - which was too low for a 70k per year card so moved on from Platinum.

My suggestion is that you can try asking for a credit review but somehow we are the few unlucky ones who randomly get flagged by their system and the backend staff will not be able to help much.
Vagaries of Amex.. Fun and games.. We are slowly becoming slaves to these banks.. they do what they want.. and redressal is a pain... RBI Ombudsman is the only silver lining... Systems have to change.. Credit Scores force us to bear all this as multiple cancelled cards also impacts score in short term atleast.. They shd have options to negate the impact where customer closes due to dis-sat..Just saying.. there are many angles