• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Referral Program Vaildity

What income documents are required to apply? Like ITR and salary slip both or anyone is sufficient? Also what salary are we supposed to mention? Gross salary or take home salary (after tax deduction)?

Edit:
Also, needed some feedback from pro amex users here in the community. Is it worth having amex(mostly mrcc) if spends are minimal like 6-10k pm (use as secondary card)?

Last edited:
What income documents are required to apply? Like ITR and salary slip both or anyone is sufficient? Also what salary are we supposed to mention? Gross salary or take home salary (after tax deduction)?
Most of the times, yo won't be required to upload any income docs.
If required, Salary Slip is fine. and gross is fine

Thanks

Edit:
Also, needed some feedback from pro amex users here in the community. Is it worth having amex(mostly mrcc) if spends are minimal like 6-10k pm (use as secondary card)?
They are either asking pan no, if u don't provide pan then form 60 option is enabled.
I guess for salaries individuals, they fetch the itr and everything from income tax department via the pan number we provide

Thanks

They are either asking pan no, if u don't provide pan then form 60 option is enabled.
I guess for salaries individuals, they fetch the itr and everything from income tax department via the pan number we provide
No one can fetch such details from ITD ( except some govt. authorities )

At max from your PAN no, they can fetch is your Credit report which will have details (limits/ credit age, etc ) of your loans/ cards based on that only they will approve/ reject your CC application and determine the limit

• Lovely
Reactions: SSV
No one can fetch such details from ITD ( except some govt. authorities )

At max from your PAN no, they can fetch is your Credit report which will have details (limits/ credit age, etc ) of your loans/ cards based on that only they will approve/ reject your CC application and determine the limit
How are they verifying if the income details filled in form is true or not? In my case, they didn't ask me to submit any document proof related to income/employment

How are they verifying if the income details filled in form is true or not? In my case, they didn't ask me to submit any document proof related to income/employment
Based on some income proof you must have got other CCs and accordingly limit

Now that limit is mentioned in your CIBIL, based on the issuing bank, credit age and cc limit and the income that you mentioned in the application they can very well make the judgment whether you reported is correct or not. If they found any flag, they will get back to you asking for docs
If all things are good as per their criteria, you will get cc without documents

Based on some income proof you must have got other CCs and accordingly limit

Now that limit is mentioned in your CIBIL, based on the issuing bank, credit age and cc limit and the income that you mentioned in the application they can very well make the judgment whether you reported is correct or not. If they found any flag, they will get back to you asking for docs
If all things are good as per their criteria, you will get cc without documents
Okay. Does it help the cause more to have very high limit on a singel card , vs. High total limit but spread over several cards...

Okay. Does it help the cause more to have very high limit on a singel card , vs. High total limit but spread over several cards...
At Amex we check ITR only if we do a soft pull & find problematic behaviour, otherwise it'll be pre conditionally approved

High limit on one card, as amex will try to issue a higher limit than your highest cc

At Amex we check ITR only if we do a soft pull & find problematic behaviour, otherwise it'll be pre conditionally approved

High limit on one card, as amex will try to issue a higher limit than your highest cc
Okay, does soft pull showup in the enquiries section when we check cibil report?

Got my card delivered today finally and activated the same.
If anyone needs referral from me (fresh referral link with nobody applied from my link) do let me know, I will help

Back