• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

Yes you can and it give better value while redeeming Taj Vouchers.
All you points are clubbed in same account. Just access the reward redemption portal through MRCC card.
I think Amex Plat Travel and MRCC have different reward category and so their MR points cannot be clubbed. MRCC can share its points with Plat Charge but not with Plat Travel. Though not sure if anything has changed in the last year or so.

My recent discovery at Vivanta Sikkim Pakyong.

ANY publicly available rate, with offers too can be booked using Taj Amex vouchers, not necessarily BAR alone.
Confirmed with manager before booking.
Member rates he explicitly said not allowed for booking using Taj Amex vouchers.
Can be used for incidentals though he said.

Example
There were 4 publicly available rates.
1. ~13K per night w/o bf + taxes
2. 15K per night with bf + taxes
3. 15K per night with bf + one major meal + 10% discount on transfers + taxes
4. (Rate unknown) with bf + all meals + more discounts possibly + taxes.

Booked a two night stay to consume soon to expire 30K worth Kaizen Taj Amex vouchers.

No prizes for guessing which rate I chose :)

About the property
# Tough to reach
# Great environment
# Heated swimming pool.
# Very nice staff
# Very good veg food
# BF was ok
# Spa just ok (as per mrs)
# Airport with flight only from Delhi located close by. 30K one way during peak season!
# Strictly for two day seclusion only.
(Nothing much around, unless one is ready for a trudge to Gangtok on toughish, winding roads and back).

Definitely worth a visit.

Cheers !
S&M

I think Amex Plat Travel and MRCC have different reward category and so their MR points cannot be clubbed. MRCC can share its points with Plat Charge but not with Plat Travel. Though not sure if anything has changed in the last year or so.
I hold MRCC, Plat Charge and Plat travel and am using the points earned on plat charge or travel on 18K and 24K. Hence I am pretty sure that it works.

I hold MRCC, Plat Charge and Plat travel and am using the points earned on plat charge or travel on 18K and 24K. Hence I am pretty sure that it works.
That’s interesting. Even I hold exactly same combination of cards from Amex. When I log into my app and go to redeem MR points section, I see different curated options for all 3 cards besides the general voucher redemptions available across all cards:

Plat Charge - The curated option here is Platinum Collection and shows a host of vouchers for luxury brands like Jimmy Choo etc. As part of this, I also see Taj redemption available 10k voucher for 30k points

Plat Travel - Here it is called Platinum Travel Collection and has just two options Flipkart and Taj. Taj here is 10k voucher for 20k points

MRCC - This is where I get the option of 18k and 24k redemptions. The 24k options shows Taj at 14k voucher for 24k points.

Do you not see these redemption options in your login?

ANY publicly available rate, with offers too can be booked using Taj Amex vouchers, not necessarily BAR alone.
@srihari1977 By publicly available you mean on third-party hotel sites? So how does it work exactly? You book at 3p sites and choose to pay at hotel with voucher?

Do you not see these redemption options in your login?
@CCUser_1999 Interested in knowing this too.

Someone mentioned you shouldn't book member rates. I don't think this is true - The way they word it is "Best available rate" as long as it's through one of the IHCL channels (website, worldwide reservations phone lines, etc). It can be a member rate. You just can't club it with the Epicure discount.

They also won't honour the gift cards on third party website rates (say booking.com is usually a little bit cheaper; but they won't accept gift cards for that).

If you have a Amex plat charge, you likely have an epicure membership which comes with a few one-time use vouchers that give you 25% off the best available rate. You can't use the gift certificates along with these discount vouchers.
oh those rates are generally more expensive.but as far as i know you can only use these Amex vouchers on BAR and not on the members rate.taj doesn't consider the members rate as a publicly available rate.the same thing has been told to me by Taj Reservations.

Back