• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Amex Taj Vouchers - I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay

CVR

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Hi,

I had query on Taj vouchers which we can get using Amex MR points redemption or when we get on achieving milestone in Plat Travel.

Wanted to check whether I can use it any Taj or Vivanta hotel for my stay which I am booking using Taj website or do I need to confirm with the hotel before booking? Basically, are the vouchers valid for all stays booked from website or there are certain conditions for same?

I have a 10k voucher with expiry nearing. Cant foresee visiting a Taj vacation. Can I use it for food at a Taj Hotel, maybe a group of four for dinner and present the Taj Amex voucher for settlement?
Voucher you get with Amex can’t be used only for food. Stay or stay+food is allowed.

Yes you can use it just for food. I have used it on two separate occasions in different properties.

oh those rates are generally more expensive.but as far as i know you can only use these Amex vouchers on BAR and not on the members rate.taj doesn't consider the members rate as a publicly available rate.the same thing has been told to me by Taj Reservations.
Interesting. Will try calling them. I once stayed at a Vivanta property on a members only rate and used a voucher. Will check with them again.

Interesting. Will try calling them. I once stayed at a Vivanta property on a members only rate and used a voucher. Will check with them again.
it depends i have also used vouchers on special rates. but it is not guaranteed. There are instances when properties have denied redeeming on special rates. To be on the safer side booking via central reservation is advisable.

New to this Taj game, so please excuse a noob question. How come you folks are booking in advance and then paying with vouchers afterwards? Is it that you only reserve up front and then complete the payment at checkin through vouchers, or you book up front (using cash/vouchers) and then use the vouchers during actual the stay (for food etc)?

New to this Taj game, so please excuse a noob question. How come you folks are booking in advance and then paying with vouchers afterwards? Is it that you only reserve up front and then complete the payment at checkin through vouchers, or you book up front (using cash/vouchers) and then use the vouchers during actual the stay (for food etc)?
you can use the vouchers both ways. paying upfront or paying at the time of checkout.Any expenses during your stay can also be settled via vouchers during checkout.

The only condition is you can not book a room under special rates. if you booked under the special rates then you can use vouchers for the rest of the expenses at the property such as food, spa etc.

you can use the vouchers both ways. paying upfront or paying at the time of checkout.Any expenses during your stay can also be settled via vouchers during checkout.

The only condition is you can not book a room under special rates. if you booked under the special rates then you can use vouchers for the rest of the expenses at the property such as food, spa etc.
Thanks. Also since proprietary vouchers are in question, I guess these bookings can only be made from the official website or from their concierge services and no third party system or site? So you’re saying they are willing to make a reservation with only a gentleman’s handshake if you say you’ll pay by vouchers at checkout? They don’t charge anything to hold the booking?

One more thing - since you can only book BAR and not at member’s rates to use vouchers for stay, does their site allow you to select public rates even while you’re signed in? The loyalty programs I’ve seen don’t appear to provide that option at all.

Thanks. Also since proprietary vouchers are in question, I guess these bookings can only be made from the official website or from their concierge services and no third party system or site? So you’re saying they are willing to make a reservation with only a gentleman’s handshake if you say you’ll pay by vouchers at checkout? They don’t charge anything to hold the booking?

One more thing - since you can only book BAR and not at member’s rates to use vouchers for stay, does their site allow you to select public rates even while you’re signed in? The loyalty programs I’ve seen don’t appear to provide that option at all.
NO i am not saying anything about gentleman's handshake. it's common sense that any booking without full pre-payment requires to be backed by a valid credit card. either you give a valid credit card or redeem vouchers at the time of booking.

also you can see BAR whenever you are logged in.taj always shows member's rate, BAR and packages.

it's common sense that any booking without full pre-payment requires to be backed by a valid credit card. either you give a valid credit card or redeem vouchers at the time of booking.
It may be common sense (and it very much is in hindsight) but like I said, I'm still figuring all this out. Thanks for pointing out the gap in my reasoning.

Maximum number of vouchers they can redeem against a booking ? I am looking to use 11 voucher codes from Amex . Possible ?
I think you can combine them. I don't think there's a specific limit on how many per transaction. Essentially, the info I got is that these cards are treated like prepaid cards and they will take money from as many as necessary.

Back