• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Any road bikers here? 🚴🏻

Hisoka

TF Ace
Hey. Just wanted to ask are there any road bikers here. I was planning to buy a road bicycle under 50k. Can someone recommend a good bike at that price? I was thinking of Decathlon because of it's good after sales service. I had Scott Aspect as my last bike and faced many issues regarding it's service. Just wanted to take your inputs here as to which bike do you guys use or have used in past. Some other brands I was considering were Giant, Merida and Firefox.

Thanks

TF Premier
Go for Trek bike. Giant, merida are also equally good. I had suncross road bike but there's issue of Frequent punctures. Even after tube replacement I had faced random puncture.
If you plan to use on mixed terrain. Try considering Trek FX1

Hisoka

TF Ace
Go for Trek bike. Giant, merida are also equally good. I had suncross road bike but there's issue of Frequent punctures. Even after tube replacement I had faced random puncture.
If you plan to use on mixed terrain. Try considering Trek FX1
I don’t want a hybrid bike but I’m afraid that road bike might puncture considering how Indian roads are built. Are Gravel bikes good?

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
Hey. Just wanted to ask are there any road bikers here. I was planning to buy a road bicycle under 50k. Can someone recommend a good bike at that price? I was thinking of Decathlon because of it's good after sales service. I had Scott Aspect as my last bike and faced many issues regarding it's service. Just wanted to take your inputs here as to which bike do you guys use or have used in past. Some other brands I was considering were Giant, Merida and Firefox.

Thanks
Owning a Decathlon Rockrider ST100 for almost 18 months now. Overall experience has been great for me. Previously, used to have a Montra Hybrid which got damaged beyond repair because a bribe can get you a driving license here even though one doesn't know how to drive.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Owning a Decathlon Rockrider ST100 for almost 18 months now. Overall experience has been great for me. Previously, used to have a Montra Hybrid which got damaged beyond repair because a bribe can get you a driving license here even though one doesn't know how to drive.
So you’re saying I can go for Decathlon road bike? 😅

Walter White

TF Legend
VIP Lounge
So you’re saying I can go for Decathlon road bike? 😅
Mine is a MTB. Given the quality of roads and drivers in my city, I am not going back to a city or hybrid bike. It's a bit heavier, but the frame quality is nice and never had issues with servicing. Decathlon is value for money. Also costed way less than my previous one. Go for it if you find it comfortable.

Hisoka

TF Ace
Mine is a MTB. Given the quality of roads and drivers in my city, I am not going back to a city or hybrid bike. It's a bit heavier, but the frame quality is nice and never had issues with servicing. Decathlon is value for money. Also costed way less than my previous one. Go for it if you find it comfortable.
I just need a good road bike which I can use in Bangalore. And yes decathlon bikes are really cheap. Almost 30-40% cheaper than other brands like Scott and Giant. Anyway, I’ll check it out. Thanks!

kafeel

TF Buzz
I've had positive experiences with Decathlon's after-sales service too. For under 50k, you might check out Decathlon's Triban series. Giant and Merida also offer great options in that range.
Hey. Just wanted to ask are there any road bikers here. I was planning to buy a road bicycle under 50k. Can someone recommend a good ebikes at that price? I was thinking of Decathlon because of it's good after sales service. I had Scott Aspect as my last bike and faced many issues regarding it's service. Just wanted to take your inputs here as to which bike do you guys use or have used in past. Some other brands I was considering were Giant, Merida and Firefox.

Thanks

bhavyegoel

TF Premier
TF Family
Chief Editor
Sr Moderator

Thanks
Decathlon bikes are good except their spokes and rim. Wheels tend to bend at times.

Swastik

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Do you guys ever feel being treated differently at 5 star properties because you're on a bike ?

I recently stayed at ITC Kakatiya HYD(got good deal on marriot points) with my GF and i took a Hunter 350 Rental from Royal Brothers to roam around in evenings ,but the hotel security would make me enter through side gate (for staff) ,make me park at staff parking ,had to walk on the side of a long driveway to reach lobby and the overall attitude of the gate security was indifferent and just down right rude sometimes(twice they asked me what am i doing there and i had to show my room keycard).

Vivanta Begumpet at HYD was better as security there was relatively more accomodating towards bikers (i sew others on bikes coming for dinner and drinks in evening), entry from main gate only not the back staff gate ,guests had a separate parking then staff ,walkway from parking was short.

I feel like the lower star rating of the property the better treatment towerds bikers.