• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyway to check HDFC Account type?

Last week, I requested the bank to convert my salary account (which had that useless MB DC) to savings max account for getting ESP dc.

And today when I downloaded my statement, it was showing account status as 'regular' with product code 193. It is converted to savings max, right? (SS below)
1000011704.jpg

Because when I called and asked CC, they were mentioning my account is prime. I tried explaining them that 'prime' is a banking programme, not an account type. He didn't have any clue about savings max. Told me to wait a few more days for it to reflect. I also tried requesting for a platinum debit card, and it was still showing 750 annual charges.

So my question is how long it takes for conversion? And does the bank has to do anything regarding the debit card upgrade for the first LTF ESP dc. Or it happens automatically once the account converts to savings max?

For

1) HDFC

change account type (only upgrade possible)
you will find your current account type here..
If needed an upgrade it will be done in minutes, all digital...

View attachment 43933
Well, my account seems to be savings max account. Thanks to the above answer from another thread, I confirmed it by going to the 'Change account type' link on the HDFC website he quoted (the website is useful for many online service requests without visiting the branch).

It redirects you to the HDFC instaservices page. And after login through mobile number/OTP, it shows up like this for me:
HDFCSBmax.PNG
But I don't seem to understand why the platinum DC still shows up with annual charges for me?! :unsure:

Well, my account seems to be savings max account. Thanks to the above answer from another thread, I confirmed it by going to the 'Change account type' link on the HDFC website he quoted (the website is useful for many online service requests without visiting the branch).

It redirects you to the HDFC instaservices page. And after login through mobile number/OTP, it shows up like this for me:
View attachment 46243
But I don't seem to understand why the platinum DC still shows up with annual charges for me?! :unsure:
It shows the charges but charges won't be levied for savings max and above

Ok, then I will go ahead and request the DC upgrade.

Also, why does HDFC CC have no idea about the charges? When I asked them over the phone at two different times, they said that I would be charged with the fees on the DC upgrade request website.

P.S. It might be a dumb question, but how do I tag your username as it has spaces in it and TF doesn't recognize it while typing? 🙃

Back