• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyway to check HDFC Account type?

what're the requirements mentioned by Branch for classic ? @knight
how did you upgrade? @palen
I received an email from HDFC multiple times which I ignored. Then when I was talking to my RM for a different reason, I asked what the classic banking was about. She recommended that I take the upgrade. So I applied from the email link. It got approved within a day.

I upgraded from normal savings to savingsmax. The monthly balance requirement even after two months shows 10,000. I called customer care. She said it is savingsmax but I need to maintain 10,000. I told her to put me on hold and check. She did that and said I have to maintain 25,000.

While on call, I downloaded previous month statement. It was mentioned PRIME. I asked her if my account is savingsmax or PRIME? She said it was PRIME and then she gave me the number of my RM from Bangalore JP Nagar branch.

What do I make of this. Did HDFC introduce Savingsmax PRIME or something?

I upgraded from normal savings to savingsmax. The monthly balance requirement even after two months shows 10,000. I called customer care. She said it is savingsmax but I need to maintain 10,000. I told her to put me on hold and check. She did that and said I have to maintain 25,000.

While on call, I downloaded previous month statement. It was mentioned PRIME. I asked her if my account is savingsmax or PRIME? She said it was PRIME and then she gave me the number of my RM from Bangalore JP Nagar branch.

What do I make of this. Did HDFC introduce Savingsmax PRIME or something?
you can safely assume that their support is high on drugs.

How beneficial is PRIME then since it is listen under high networth banking?

Prime is a Banking Program and NOT an Account Type.
Also it has no benefits as such from what i can see on their page.
If you wanna know how Banking Programs work, search Classic, Imperia and Preffered on the community.

Your account Type might have been changed to Savings Max and Program upgraded to Prime. Wait for a few days and check the next smart statement if MAB gets updated.
if you still have doubts after that, Mail HDFC can ask them.

There're several Banking Programs under HDFC. Most people only aware of Classic, Preferred and Imperia. But there're other 2 and they are Prime and Vishesh. The order sequence is Prime, Vishesh, Classic. Preferred, Imperia.

There're several Banking Programs under HDFC. Most people only aware of Classic, Preferred and Imperia. But there're other 2 and they are Prime and Vishesh. The order sequence is Prime, Vishesh, Classic. Preferred, Imperia.
Like I came to know, Prime and Vishesh are not account types. They are programs. You may get RM but it does nothing I think. I would like to know more how they can help though because till now I haven't figured out anything.

I think for HDFC what matters is the product code. The only way I know to find it is either download any time statement or if you are receiving estatements then check there.
100 code is for Regular savings account
193 code is for Savings Max account

What code are you seeing in your statement?
What about 187.
How much different is it from a Regular Savings Account in respect of charges?
1707734136489.png

Back