• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Anyway to check HDFC Account type?

1. What happens when one switches company? Does account type change?

2. Also what happens if we stop working and start our own businesses or retire etc

3. What happens to credit cards when we retire?
1. nothing changes.. atleast didn't change for me.

2. don't know..even i wish to find out.. I saw a few posts earlier that people changed their salary account but hdfc stayed 0 balance with free debit card.. but also few people got downgraded to savings with a MAB requirement.. hdfc tnc says it downgrades after 3 months i think.. read long ago.

1. nothing changes.. atleast didn't change for me.

2. don't know..even i wish to find out.. I saw a few posts earlier that people changed their salary account but hdfc stayed 0 balance with free debit card.. but also few people got downgraded to savings with a MAB requirement.. hdfc tnc says it downgrades after 3 months i think.. read long ago.
yes, as per T&C it's 3 months

1. What happens when one switches company? Does account type change?

2. Also what happens if we stop working and start our own businesses or retire etc

3. What happens to credit cards when we retire?

1. Depends on the salary being credited plus the relationship your company has with the bank.

2. After few months it gets converted to savings account.

3. Yours to keep, they don't take it from you even after you retire. Just have to do KYC again from time to time.

I've a regular savings account...updated employer detail in app (pre login). The product code in Bank Statement changed from 100 to 161. No salary credited in this account. Can anybody confirm what is Product Code 161?

I've a regular savings account...updated employer detail in app (pre login). The product code in Bank Statement changed from 100 to 161. No salary credited in this account. Can anybody confirm what is Product Code 161?
Maybe you should also mention here what is written for your account type like the one mentioned in comment10 here. But I think people are not much aware of Product Codes of hdfc bank other than just two Regular Savings and Savings Max account.

I guess this is Regular Salary Account, not sure though

Same mine is also 113.
Where you can see "SAVINGS - CORPORATE SALARY TYPE 2"? Is that under ProductType?
So i upgraded to Classic banking through Branch.
Now, in Smart statement, it shows "SAVINGS - RESIDENTS". Earlier it was "SAVINGS - CORPORATE SALARY TYPE 2".
Product code is still 113. I guess HDFC loves this number.

I think i'll let it be as hopefully the free dc is now dependent on classic status and shouldn't be affected if my salary account changes.

Back