• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Atlas vs Magnus: Which one to choose?

VGisHere

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have an international flight booking to make next month which will cost about ~ 3L. So I am trying to maximise my returns on the same.
I made some calculations to compare between Magnus and Atlas, I want another pair of eyes to have a look at the same and share your thoughts.

Axis Atlas
1. Joining Fees (inc. Taxes) = Rs. 5.9k
2. Will give 5k EM on joining and 5 EM/100 for spending on Travel Edge
3. Booking ticket from travel edge, I'll get 15k EM + 2.5k EM (milestone) = 17.5k EM
4. Total EM = 5k (joining) + 17.5k (expenditure) = 22.5k EM
5. Partner Conversion to Vistara = 1:2 = 22.5*2 = 45k CV points

Total P/L -> 45k CV points for 3.059L

Axis Magnus
1. Joining Fees (inc. Taxes) = Rs 11.8k
2. Will get 10k flight tickets and 5RP=4CV points (partner conversion), 60RP/200
3. Booking ticket from travel edge, I'll get 90k RP + 25k RP (milestone) = 1.15L RP
4. Partner conversion to vistara = 1.15*0.8 = 92k CV points

Total P/L -> 92k CV points + 10k flight ticket voucher for 3.118L

While undoubtedly Magnus gives almost 2x returns, I just wish to re-confirm if the calculations are correct.
Additionally, Magnus offers unlimited domestic lounge access too (may not be a deal breaker for many)!
Or did I miss any Terms and Conditions?

Also, if I apply within a day and lets say I get card by 15th with apt limit, will I be eligible for all the offers from first day itself or is there any cooling period?
As I'm planning to book my tickets by 15th so that I can get them at normal rate!

Do CV points redeemed via this method have an expiry?

Last edited:
Solution
Axis Magnus and Axis Atlas are 2 excellent cards in their own terms and spends. Axis Magnus is a great card with spends hitting 1L per month and beyond that the reward rate will be not great. Coming to Atlas it has milestone hits to maximize the rewards rate. But all will not be eligible to own Magnus, so getting Atlas is little best option for them. For both the cards rewards are on miles basis only.

Magnus along with Atlas is a great combination to maximize rewards. For any other doubts or confusion detailed explanation is mentioned below.

I heard in some youtube video, mile stone benefits in magnus are given to you after the generation of first bill. and these milestones are given after 90-120 days.....

Axis Magnus and Axis Atlas are 2 excellent cards in their own terms and spends. Axis Magnus is a great card with spends hitting 1L per month and beyond that the reward rate will be not great. Coming to Atlas it has milestone hits to maximize the rewards rate. But all will not be eligible to own Magnus, so getting Atlas is little best option for them. For both the cards rewards are on miles basis only.

Magnus along with Atlas is a great combination to maximize rewards. For any other doubts or confusion detailed explanation is mentioned below.

Solution
Back