• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank: Does bank manager visited you home after A/C opening.

Rohan

TF Premier
Did anyone faced this scene??

You freshely opened A/C in axis bank and next day your bank manager visiting you home directly without any prior call or message.

I opened A/C with Axis last year, next day bank manager visited my home and keep on asking questions (Like from when you are staying here, Is it rented, etc). I asked him is this any type of verification? He like naah.. I asked directly then why you visited?? he reply with smile and said just to confirm residential address.

Yesterday my cousin open axis A/C in same branch and faced same issue today (He came to my cousin home). Does it happening with all branches? or my branch manager is fully interested in seeing customer home decide how to treat them accordingly??

Did anyone faced this scene??

You freshely opened A/C in axis bank and next day your bank manager visiting you home directly without any prior call or message.

I opened A/C with Axis last year, next day bank manager visited my home and keep on asking questions (Like from when you are staying here, Is it rented, etc). I asked him is this any type of verification? He like naah.. I asked directly then why you visited?? he reply with smile and said just to confirm residential address.

Yesterday my cousin open axis A/C in same branch and faced same issue today (He came to my cousin home). Does it happening with all branches? or my branch manager is fully interested in seeing customer home decide how to treat them accordingly??
Yeah, he had Chicken Biryani with Raita as well along with Coke...

Seriously... for a SB account home verification.. In SB account, our money is with them...
For a loan account if they visited home etc.. fair enough... but for SB account home visit defies the logic unless I miss something here.
I think AXIS is misusing their resources with inappropriate priorities...
My ICICI RM (plus another employee) visited my home, supposedly to check out my address when I had opened a Titanium Privilege account to try them out!

Obviously they were not very impressed, because they never even mentioned an Wealth management account as an option!

I had some good amount of money to invest, which went towards an Axis Burgundy relationship instead, because they were more proactive.

I recently applied for Sapphiro card and the guy who came for home verification appreciated our lemon tree and told that he would come back in winters, to get a stem cutting for his own home garden.
Years back, I went to Ujjivan SFB in Banashankari, Bangalore to open account. The representative said he wants to come to my house before opening the account. I wished him luck and walked out and went next door to Federal Bank to open my account.

Years back, I went to Ujjivan SFB in Banashankari, Bangalore to open account. The representative said he wants to come to my house before opening the account. I wished him luck and walked out and went next door to Federal Bank to open my account.
Isliye SBI best hai. Ek baar account khulva lo uske baad unhe koi matlab nhi. Koi faltu sales call nhi. Koi ghar ke visit nhi. Branch change bhi online ho jaata hai. 🤣

Apni company ko bhi bolta hun SBI ke saath hi salary account ka tie up kar lo.

I suspect that this sort of home visits are part of the KYC procedure these days, perhaps due to prodding from the RBI. Why I think so? Well, here's from my recent experiences:

1. My ICICI RM (and his sidekick) visited my home when I had opened my account with them.

2. Three other private banks (including Axis and HDFC) informed me that it was a requirement, but none visited, since they had sensed that I didn't particularly like the idea. But I was informed that they still needed to tick some boxes anyway!

The reason most members here seemed surprised is probably because the banks know that customers might not like the idea of home visits, so they tick the required boxes anyway, without actually visiting!

Isliye SBI best hai. Ek baar account khulva lo uske baad unhe koi matlab nhi. Koi faltu sales call nhi. Koi ghar ke visit nhi. Branch change bhi online ho jaata hai. 🤣

Apni company ko bhi bolta hun SBI ke saath hi salary account ka tie up kar lo.
Exactly. Even in pvt banks, just open a low tier MAB account and keep a balance just above MAB. No matter who it is, you'll not face all these hassles.

I suspect that this sort of home visits are part of the KYC procedure these days, perhaps due to prodding from the RBI. Why I think so? Well, here's from my recent experiences:

1. My ICICI RM (and his sidekick) visited my home when I had opened my account with them.

2. Three other private banks (including Axis and HDFC) informed me that it was a requirement, but none visited, since they had sensed that I didn't particularly like the idea. But I was informed that they still needed to tick some boxes anyway!

The reason most members here seemed surprised is probably because the banks know that customers might not like the idea of home visits, so they tick the required boxes anyway, without actually visiting!
Mine is almost exactly reverse to yours.
I had an invitation to open WM account via email based on my Apay CC..
I sort of undecided. He offered me to come to my place as it is a little further away from my place. Took only docs, he filled every thing and since then he visits my place occasionally but not for verification but to pick up docs , cheques, opening dmat account etc. Never visited branch in almost a year. Everything done via WhatsApp and about six home visits

HDFC preferred, only a minute walk.
They were asking me as it is only a minute asked me to visit the bank by the pretext of Aadhar machine is fixed at branch only blah..
As it is very close I didn't mind visiting branch since then everything almost by phone.

Soon I will open Axis bank, which is only 45 seconds away from me and see if they are interested in visiting my place.

Back