• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank: Does bank manager visited you home after A/C opening.

Rohan

TF Premier
Did anyone faced this scene??

You freshely opened A/C in axis bank and next day your bank manager visiting you home directly without any prior call or message.

I opened A/C with Axis last year, next day bank manager visited my home and keep on asking questions (Like from when you are staying here, Is it rented, etc). I asked him is this any type of verification? He like naah.. I asked directly then why you visited?? he reply with smile and said just to confirm residential address.

Yesterday my cousin open axis A/C in same branch and faced same issue today (He came to my cousin home). Does it happening with all branches? or my branch manager is fully interested in seeing customer home decide how to treat them accordingly??

Now a days banks give pre-approved personal loans, credit card and other financial services without even asking for any addinational docs, also people nowadays can get a fake address easily and even update aadhar with that fake address..

And as for this home verification, I think icici had this thing from years back, when i opened a account in icici years back and completed vkyc then there was some issue in kyc so bank asked to go to any nearby branch for kyc updation, when i visited the nearby branch (different city), they clearly denied doing kyc saying we need to check address physically. so i have to do kyc in my home branch at my hometown. home branch people also said we need to visit your home for verification and i said ok (but no one came in reality).

i don't have any problem with icici bank doing this as they do give credit card limits and other financial service's limit's much much higher as compare to other banks..

i have accounts in so many banks but except icici no other banks asked for home visit, many it depands on city and branch.

Fingers crossed 🤞

I suspect that this sort of home visits are part of the KYC procedure these days, perhaps due to prodding from the RBI. Why I think so? Well, here's from my recent experiences:

1. My ICICI RM (and his sidekick) visited my home when I had opened my account with them.

2. Three other private banks (including Axis and HDFC) informed me that it was a requirement, but none visited, since they had sensed that I didn't particularly like the idea. But I was informed that they still needed to tick some boxes anyway!

The reason most members here seemed surprised is probably because the banks know that customers might not like the idea of home visits, so they tick the required boxes anyway, without actually visiting!
Mine is almost exactly reverse to yours.
I had an invitation to open WM account via email based on my Apay CC..
I sort of undecided. He offered me to come to my place as it is a little further away from my place. Took only docs, he filled every thing and since then he visits my place occasionally but not for verification but to pick up docs , cheques, opening dmat account etc. Never visited branch in almost a year. Everything done via WhatsApp and about six home visits

HDFC preferred, only a minute walk.
They were asking me as it is only a minute asked me to visit the bank by the pretext of Aadhar machine is fixed at branch only blah..
As it is very close I didn't mind visiting branch since then everything almost by phone.

Soon I will open Axis bank, which is only 45 seconds away from me and see if they are interested in visiting my place.

Now that my Liberty account is activated today and linked to my existing Cust id( from CC).,, lets see if AXIS wants to show some love to me by visiting (a.k.a. verifying) my place and assess my customer worthiness matches their outstainding standards..

As @ashwink said 🤞

Fingers crossed 🤞

Now that my Liberty account is activated today and linked to my existing Cust id( from CC).,, lets see if AXIS wants to show some love to me by visiting (a.k.a. verifying) my place and assess my customer worthiness matches their outstainding standards..

As @ashwink said 🤞

Update:

Its been more than 10 days since I opened my Axis Liberty account and no-one from AXIS came to see me at my home... It seems AXIS doesn't love me any more... or they are too busy loving others..
Anyway, I have given 2 rating out of 10 for the account opening survey for their dubious Virtual debit card..
Lets see if this triggers a home visit by their staff

Update:

Its been more than 10 days since I opened my Axis Liberty account and no-one from AXIS came to see me at my home... It seems AXIS doesn't love me any more... or they are too busy loving others..
Anyway, I have given 2 rating out of 10 for the account opening survey for their dubious Virtual debit card..

They may surprise visit when you start doing transactions / apply something. 🤣 🤣 🤣

They may surprise visit when you start doing transactions / apply something. 🤣 🤣 🤣
I have already done transations worth 50k using their wonderful E debit card...,
Anyway I would love them to visit me and show some love to me and then I give them mouthful and they would think twice next time visiting my home

How is the plan dear @Rohan bhai?? 😉 😉

No idea about axis. But Indusind bank executive came to verify my home address after I gave a request of changing my Savings account address. My home branch was in different place, so they told to go the branch near my area for requesting them of address verification. I told I am not applying credit card, and tumhara branch hai call karke bol do address pe ane k liye ni toh I would complain this act. Then they only asked my nearsest branch to go and verify my home address wo v zero balance account ki 🥷

Update:

UPDATE

No one from AX*S visited my home until now (even after 20 days of opening the account and (just 6 apartment buildings away, takes about 30 seconds for a walk)..

But surprising,ly I got a call from AX*S Deputy BM today and informed me that this was a "Welcome Call from AX*S".. so they welcomed me after 3 weeks...
Nothing else... he offered me to call him for any doubts,... more importantly asked me to give 10 star rating for the survey that I would receive...He was more intersted in the survey feedback than me...
He was very DIL SE OPEN with regard to his survey feedback..... 😉 😉

You freshely opened A/C in axis bank and next day your bank manager visiting you home directly without any prior call or message.

I opened A/C with Axis last year, next day bank manager visited my home and keep on asking questions (Like from when you are staying here, Is it rented, etc). I asked him is this any type of verification? He like naah.. I asked directly then why you visited?? he reply with smile and said just to confirm residential address.

Yesterday my cousin open axis A/C in same branch and faced same issue today (He came to my cousin home). Does it happening with all branches? or my branch manager is fully interested in seeing customer home decide how to treat them accordingly??
Happened for me when I turned 18 and opened 10k mab account in hdfc. The guy who opened the account came to my home and asked various questions, never called again and no bank after that did a verification for savings account afterwards.

He might be for checking your wealth.

Might the branch has low deposits.

Bank is Only Interested in Wealth 🤑...So They Will Cross Check Whether Person is Capable Or Not...

If Yes . then They Offer More Privileges and Service along with attractive plans n Schemes...

If u r middle class They will not give Special Privileges.

Aa simple as that..

@Chaitanya-a

I suspect this is part of the KYC procedure now, and might be a relatively recent development. Banks are supposed to do it and check some box in their paperwork. Most don't actually do it because customers might not like it, but check that box anyway!

My recent experiences over the last couple of years:

* My Axis RM clearly informed me of the requirement as mentioned above when I started my relationship with them. I didn't want him to visit, and he didn't, but informed me that he was checking the box as done.

* Same experiences with three other private banks as well (HDFC new account + two other banks), i.e. no actual home visits, but I was threatened with it. 🙂

* My ICICI RM did actually visit my home along with his sidekick.

Home visits had never happened with any of my older accounts (SBI, HDFC, ....)

I suspect this is part of the KYC procedure now, and might be a relatively recent development. Banks are supposed to do it and check some box in their paperwork. Most don't actually do it because customers might not like it, but check that box anyway!

My recent experiences over the last couple of years:

* My Axis RM clearly informed me of the requirement as mentioned above when I started my relationship with them. I didn't want him to visit, and he didn't, but informed me that he was checking the box as done.

* Same experiences with three other private banks as well (HDFC new account + two other banks), i.e. no actual home visits, but I was threatened with it. 🙂

* My ICICI RM did actually visit my home along with his sidekick.

Home visits had never happened with any of my older accounts (SBI, HDFC, ....)
Sirf itna bolna tha ki Account Open Karna ho to karo Else ..............****
Wo khud kahega muje Visit nahi karna

Sirf itna bolna tha ki Account Open Karna ho to karo Else ..............****
Wo khud kahega muje Visit nahi karna

I actually do use that "or else ...." tack for some other purpose with all banks (as in "don't disturb me with spam calls or else ....").

.... It works like a charm! So much so, that I do get surprised when people complain about spam calls from banks! 🙂 🙂

Back