• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Indian Oil Credit Card LTF

I hold FK Axis LTF 1L. Applied for IOCL on 10th Nov online. An agent from branch called me to complete KYC, he checked docs and took fingerprint for Aadhar based KYC. Today got an approval message and limit is 3.9L.

Asked few queries on Axis Twitter support and phone banking, I got below given info.
  • 100% cashback on fuel transactions made within first 30 days of card issuance, maximum cashback is INR 250 only.
  • The next INR 250 cashback is provided as a 100% cashback in fuel transaction made within 31 to 60 days of card issuance.
  • The eligible customers will receive the amazon pay voucher of INR 500 within 60 days of card activation.
  • The card must be swiped on Axis EDC/POS machine to get the reward points. [I asked do all the IOCL outlets has Axis machine, he said due to partnership there will be, but I don't believe. He also didn't mention the condition for company owned outlets]
  • The EDC/POS machine must be registered for fuel category MCC [Few outlet may have multiple business within outlet premises and it may not have machine with fuel MCC]
I will update here after doing few transactions.
@vikashpolo11

Okay. So let me get this straight.

To get the 1-4% cashback, all the below conditions should be met
1. Indian oil petrol pump
2. Registered under Indian oil(not under any other alias)
3. The machine should be Axis EDC/POS registered
4. The machine should be registered for fuel category MCC.

I was angry at them till now. Now I am amused. Wonder if there's a single petrol pump across India which meets all conditions!
Hi,
I think you may have been misinformed. I got this card recently and used it for fuel spends. Both the pumps I visited was not company owned Indian Oil Pumps, it was pumps owned by the dealers. Also one of the pump used HDFC POS and the other uses PNB POS.
The reward points took 6 days to credit, thats all. Axis bank site is clear as it mentions 'Any IOCL pump' for the accelerated rewards. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.

Attachments

• image_picker758822327382489063.jpg
    image_picker758822327382489063.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 115
  • image_picker6783612290843085066.jpg
    image_picker6783612290843085066.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 114
  • image_picker2748687870008144266.jpg
    image_picker2748687870008144266.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 113
Filled petrol in a company owned bunk (but not Axis POS machine) 2 days ago. I now see there is a surcharge levied and it is reversed by Axis, but there is no reversal of GST. So, for 3K worth of petrol I a paid Rs.3005. Not seen any reward points yet
Reward points take about 6 days to credit.

Did you apply online by visitng the LTF banner in tbe axis bank credit card website or directly through bank employees?
Here also I see a magnificent story......
I applied through axis website banner and get application no.
After few days axis employees came to me for documents and photo.....
And the magic begins....
My application no. Changed from first one.....👹

I filled petrol today worth Rs. 250 from an Indian Oil petrol pump using paytm machine. Not sure about the bank as I did not take the receipt.

Transactions shows "Priya service center" as of now. Will update here once it's posted.

This was my first ever transaction after getting the card.

Reward points take about 6 days to credit.
It charges me a 2% surcharge and 18% GST on it. And in some petrol pump, it's a 1% fuel surcharge and 18% GST.
But I received only a 1% surcharge waiver. It's strange as all are Indian oil petrol pumps.
Has anyone of you experienced this?

Hi,
I think you may have been misinformed. I got this card recently and used it for fuel spends. Both the pumps I visited was not company owned Indian Oil Pumps, it was pumps owned by the dealers. Also one of the pump used HDFC POS and the other uses PNB POS.
The reward points took 6 days to credit, thats all. Axis bank site is clear as it mentions 'Any IOCL pump' for the accelerated rewards. Please find the attached screenshot for your reference.
I am not sure about the POS. Read them in another comment, that's why made the deduction.
But I took the card because there's an Indian Oil petrol pump near to my office. I did one transaction worth ₹ 329. It was shown as 'under process' for 2 days in app, after which the transaction amount reflected was ₹351. Here I felt cheated. So one thing's for sure .. you need the petrol pump name in the name of 'Indian Oil', not owner.

If yours was not registered under 'Indian Oil', but some owner, and still you got the cashback with no surcharge, you are lucky. Check the old comments in this thread. Many people have complained this. Even someone posted a video about this in a comment.

I think that youtube video has mislead us. That video is bit old, probably six months and he reviewed for visa version. I believe axis might have revamped and fix all those issues in rupay card.

I think that youtube video has mislead us. That video is bit old, probably six months and he reviewed for visa version. I believe axis might have revamped and fix all those issues in rupay card.
Youtube video was not mislead. Let me tell you what's the actual issue.

Just few weeks back, i saw one person suggest everyone dnt go for RuPay variant Axis Indianoil credit card because "RuPay" variant is not giving fuel rewards, surcharge wavier and 1% e-com rewards

Then after few days ago, i watched some youtube videos and i found, other people are also facing same problem on Axis Indianoil credit card but they are using "Visa" variant card.

And last week another person told me he got fuel rewards, surcharge wavier and 1% e-com rewards on Axis Indianoil RuPay credit card variant and he used on ICICI POS machine.

After research i found, There is no problem in Visa or RuPay variant.

Merchant/Fuel MCC codes issue by banks when they are doing kyc with merchants and its also depend on credit card issuer banks software, how much information updated on their system.

And last thing, its also depend on your location, where you used your card.

I create a seperate post about

Hidden facts about fuel credit cards by Axis, ICICI, BOB, HDFC Credit cards (Visa/RuPay):​

@NewUser
@gopi1
@Saif77
@bugmenot

I filled petrol today worth Rs. 250 from an Indian Oil petrol pump using paytm machine. Not sure about the bank as I did not take the receipt.

Transactions shows "Priya service center" as of now. Will update here once it's posted.

This was my first ever transaction after getting the card.

So Axis has posted the transaction today. I got the cashback:

Attachments

• 2022-11-27 14.07.56 olive.axisbank.com 39fb59eb1075.png
    2022-11-27 14.07.56 olive.axisbank.com 39fb59eb1075.png
    34.7 KB · Views: 54
Back