• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Bank Issuing Cancellation Notices for Using Personal Credit Cards for Business Expenses

TechnoFinoTechnoFino is verified member.

Founder
TF Family
Founder
Admin
Dear TFC members,

I would like to inform you that Axis Bank has begun sending commercial use notifications to their HNI cardholders as well. As you may already know, Axis Bank has a history of cancelling their customers' cashback cards such as Axis Ace and Axis Flipkart Card if they are used for business purposes.

Recently, Axis Bank has sent suspected commercial use notifications to their HNI cardholders such as Axis Magnus, Axis Reserve, etc. Unfortunately, I have also received a notification from Axis Bank and they are requesting spending justification within the next seven working days.
Screenshot_20230314_133527_Gmail.jpg
In case a customer is unable to justify their spending as personal, the bank will close all their credit cards.
During that time frame (Dec 2022 and Jan 2023), all of my spending was personal. I am currently in the process of submitting all the necessary documents to Axis Bank for spending justification.
The primary reason for this post is to advise our members that even if you are using a high-end credit card from a bank, they may still flag your transactions if they are related to business expenses.
If you intend to charge anything other than personal expenses to your personal credit card, please exercise caution.

Edit:- many people are asking for subject line of the email, Here it is- "Commercial Usage on your Axis Bank Credit Card Accounts"
Screenshot_20230314_202203_Gmail.jpg
Update - Axis Bank has already sent notifications to more than 200 accounts on March 4, 2023. Now they have sent such a cancellation notice to more than 500 credit card accounts yesterday. and they are also filtering more accounts. (S.N.)

Last edited:
I can do partial payment from the tata power website via netbanking, and remaining outstanding from the cc
Will there be any problem if I pay 20-25k with ace every month?
It would depend on how they have configured their system to detect commercial usage. I don't think there are many homes that pay 25K electricity bills per month (if anyone stays in a large joint family in a single house, or if someone is a landlord with many tenants w/o a separate meter, maybe they could give you an idea what is an average value)

My father owns a manufacturing firm we get electricity bill above 2 lacs every month, If I use my cc to pay that, not every month once in a quarter or once in 6 months, will there be any issue?
currently we are paying it to an agent in cash and he pays for that
I am more concern about the cash handover to an agent, get rid of that.

What if I use the Magnus credit card for buying an air conditioner for my office, and take the GST input on the same. As I am the sole proprietor of my firm, anything which is billed under my name, and has my GST number will be a business expense.

I also travel abroad regularly for work, and I usually take the GST input from the invoice issued by the airlines.

Should I avoid such transactions too while using the Magnus credit card? @TechnoFino

What if I use the Magnus credit card for buying an air conditioner for my office, and take the GST input on the same. As I am the sole proprietor of my firm, anything which is billed under my name, and has my GST number will be a business expense.

I also travel abroad regularly for work, and I usually take the GST input from the invoice issued by the airlines.

Should I avoid such transactions too while using the Magnus credit card? @TechnoFino
Yes ur right if ur taking GST input so it's commercial usage .but for small transaction there shouldn't be issues but it's flagged if done in huge amount and continuos basis

Yes ur right if ur taking GST input so it's commercial usage .but for small transaction there shouldn't be issues but it's flagged if done in huge amount and continuos basis
Thanks for your reply. Till now, I have only used MMT or Yatra directly, and added my GST number while booking flights. I hope doing this 3-4 times in a year should not be a problem.

I'm guessing there is no option to add a GST number while booking flights on Traveledge?

Back