• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

AXIS BANK VAS VALUE ADDED SERVICES SMS ALERT CHARGES EVEN AFTER UNSUBSCRIBING OR DEACTIVATING IT

mail2jampa

TF Select
only people who stopped AXIS VAS ALERTS CAN REPLY MY QUESTION, OTHERS IGNORE

I am using axis bank account. I opened it last year. on the same day I called customer care to turn off the VAS subscription. so it was off.
No reference number or email received for the same.
But for last and this years every calendar quarter they charged me for SMS ALERT CHARGES.

Does for any one have similar situation that even VAS alert is OFF, STILL SMS ALERT CHARGED GOT DEBITED from AXIS BANK ACCOUNT . (or) when you OFF THE VAS the SMS ALERT charges stopped.

PLEASE REPLY

Still no way to stop SMS charges for AXIS ?? and for ICICI, HDFC ?
@ramirami @telescope @romilq @Batmanbaba
Kindly reply 🙏🏻 🙏🏻 pls
Can't say about axis and icici. I stopped icici sms alerts but still getting charged. Customer care is useless.

Stopping hdfc is easy. Login to netbanking. On top right corner, click on insta alerts, then set all alert preference as "email only". You'll never never be charged for SMS alerts in hdfc after this.

Can you please share why are you eager for a bank like Axis?
Is it bad choice ?
And does Axis deduct unnecessary charges apart from SMS charges also ??

Eager bcz I want to open an account to get good pre approved Credit card options (as i can keep around 5-7 lakhs FD + savings combined and will increase further in future) for Flipkart /Amazon sales each year, some more offers like flight booking, bill payments etc.
HDFC lives in 90s era : net banking, app , branch staff all; online account opening gave error, irritated me for 5 days, branch doesn't open without cheque not even through IMPS/NEFT of self account ;
ICICI don't want now, also too much dependency on debit card grid ,
IDFC not good credit cards , too many freeze issues of savings account.
AXIS is only option left.
Will open straight away Axis if SMS charges has a workaround.

Credit cards and savings account are mutually exclusive.
If you are opening a savings account of any bank for pre-approved card, think again.

In case of Axis, you can get Neo LTF and later call customer care to issue the card you want.
Maybe they wont do it straightaway but give it some time.

Is it bad choice ?

Eager bcz I want to open an account to get good pre approved Credit card options (as i can keep around 5-7 lakhs FD + savings combined and will increase further in future) for Flipkart /Amazon sales each year, some more offers like flight booking, bill payments etc.
HDFC lives in 90s era : net banking, app , branch staff all; online account opening gave error, irritated me for 5 days, branch doesn't open without cheque not even through IMPS/NEFT of self account ;
Axis is no better. And SMS work around is already mentioned, send mail to nodal as last resort.
And apart from things you mentioned, Axis does not play well with rewards either.
Axis has been known to give mental trauma to keep track for rewards/miles/cashback.
Axis will make you feel helpless soon enough with its credit card rewards, assuming you care for them.

If you use just to get discounts on sales like SBI cards, you are good.

Savings account should not be opened for getting a credit card, (except where bank restricts issuing card without savings account)

only people who stopped AXIS VAS ALERTS CAN REPLY MY QUESTION, OTHERS IGNORE

I am using axis bank account. I opened it last year. on the same day I called customer care to turn off the VAS subscription. so it was off.
No reference number or email received for the same.
But for last and this years every calendar quarter they charged me for SMS ALERT CHARGES.

Does for any one have similar situation that even VAS alert is OFF, STILL SMS ALERT CHARGED GOT DEBITED from AXIS BANK ACCOUNT . (or) when you OFF THE VAS the SMS ALERT charges stopped.

PLEASE REPLY
R u still being charged or got some workaround for it ???

Credit cards and savings account are mutually exclusive.
If you are opening a savings account of any bank for pre-approved card, think again.

In case of Axis, you can get Neo LTF and later call customer care to issue the card you want.
Maybe they wont do it straightaway but give it some time.

Axis is no better. And SMS work around is already mentioned, send mail to nodal as last resort.
And apart from things you mentioned, Axis does not play well with rewards either.
Axis has been known to give mental trauma to keep track for rewards/miles/cashback.
Axis will make you feel helpless soon enough with its credit card rewards, assuming you care for them.

If you use just to get discounts on sales like SBI cards, you are good.

Savings account should not be opened for getting a credit card, (except where bank restricts issuing card without savings account)
But still I need a bank account also for UPI transactions and keeping investment funds, dividends credit.
I have to open A/C no choice, but what to choose amongst HDFC , AXIS , IDFC , for CC preapproved (i don't have any cc till now, no CIBIL score and age 27, self employed) but wanted no unnecessary charges deduction. HDFC is pathetic app, net banking wise and I'm tech savvy person.
Have u got some workaround for SMS charges in Axis??

Is it bad choice ?

SMS Charges are max 15+gst for a quarter in Axis

Which they do not even deduct many times.

I don't think 15+gst is a big deal.

Even if you manage to turn off SMS charges, you will face problems in future

And no they don't deduct any charges if you transact according to SoC.

Few people open account without checking SoC and then start blaming bank for deducting the charges.

Back