• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Burgundy account experience

aashokk09

TF Buzz
VIP Lounge
I have HDFC Imperia account, IndusInd partner account and Sbi savings account. I have pretty good savings in HDFC and want to diversify to another pvt but established bank and was thinking of Axis Burgundy account becoz of its debit and credit card features. Want to take opinions about axis bank and their services and their offerings.
P.s. I Have IDFC Select credit card so not thinking to open in IDFC Bank

I am a Burgundy customer. Most of the banking related charges are NIL. Burgundy Debit card is good. Gives you 2 ER points on every 200 spent. Hence, I get 14 (2+12) ER points on every 200 spent by paying Magnus CC bill through Burgundy debit card.
Useless RM. Won't help until you provide them with sufficient amount of business. (Mutual Funds, FDs, PMS, etc)

I opened account at the time of mastercard ban was lifted. At that time axis was offering both Burgundy and Burgundy Private (on visa infinite platform)

So i upgraded.
It's not available anymore
Were you ever able to actually take advantage of any of the Burgundy Private differentiator benefits (over plain Burgundy)? Because I also got one, but was never given the impression of it being an 'upgrade'! On query, my RM told me that Axis was just unloading their plastic stock, and although it looked like a Burgundy Private card, the actual benefits allowed by the back end would correspond to the specific account variant it was issued to (i.e. just plain Burgundy for me)! I never did try to find out the actual truth, having no use for a debit card.

I am a Burgundy customer. Most of the banking related charges are NIL. Burgundy Debit card is good. Gives you 2 ER points on every 200 spent. Hence, I get 14 (2+12) ER points on every 200 spent by paying Magnus CC bill through Burgundy debit card.
Useless RM. Won't help until you provide them with sufficient amount of business. (Mutual Funds, FDs, PMS, etc)
HOW YOU GET 14 POINTS FOR PAYING MAGNUS CC BILL AS YOU GET 2 FOR 200 ONLY ON DEBIT CARD AND WHICH APP YOU USE TO PAY THESE CC BILL

Were you ever able to actually take advantage of any of the Burgundy Private differentiator benefits (over plain Burgundy)? Because I also got one, but was never given the impression of it being an 'upgrade'! On query, my RM told me that Axis was just unloading their plastic stock, and although it looked like a Burgundy Private card, the actual benefits allowed by the back end would correspond to the specific account variant it was issued to (i.e. just plain Burgundy for me)! I never did try to find out the actual truth, having no use for a debit card.
Actually I do take advantage. Here are points that make it better than normal burgundy debit card -

1. Getting 3 er points per 200 spent
2. Use it for lounge access. It has most extensive list of lounge that i do not get on other cards, not even magnus.

Actually I do take advantage. Here are points that make it better than normal burgundy debit card -

1. Getting 3 er points per 200 spent
2. Use it for lounge access. It has most extensive list of lounge that i do not get on other cards, not even magnus.
1. I see. As opposed to 2 points per 200 for the plain Burgundy. I never did try to find out if my 'Burgundy Private' card was really Burgundy Private. I didn't bother to, since my Select CC gives me 10 ER points per 200 spent (20 points for 'Retail' spends). Actually I don't even use that unless for instant discounts, since Axis is such a dishonorable bank, -- they often miss crediting points earned! I hate keeping track for 4 months and then having to beg for my entitlement. Never had this issue with HDFC.

2. Believe it or not, plain Burgundy DC also provides access to the same lounges!

HOW YOU GET 14 POINTS FOR PAYING MAGNUS CC BILL AS YOU GET 2 FOR 200 ONLY ON DEBIT CARD AND WHICH APP YOU USE TO PAY THESE CC BILL
You can get it by paying through Payzap, that's what I started using(after validating few low transfer) to pay any CC bills through it and use AXIS Burgundy Debit Card to pay the bill, so you get 2 ER for Rs200 spent.

Good part seems like Debit card ER are credited on the next day itself or so. For a payment done y'day using Payzap, I got ER points today itself in AXIS.

Credit card payment takes 3days to settle, so keep that in mind to have a buffer for Duedate

You can get it by paying through Payzap, that's what I started using(after validating few low transfer) to pay any CC bills through it and use AXIS Burgundy Debit Card to pay the bill, so you get 2 ER for Rs200 spent.

Good part seems like Debit card ER are credited on the next day itself or so. For a payment done y'day using Payzap, I got ER points today itself in AXIS.

Credit card payment takes 3days to settle, so keep that in mind to have a buffer for Duedate
I am currently using cred for the CC payment using Burgundy debot card and get 2 points next day

is there a limit on per day / per month / per transaction earning in burgundy debit card ?

is there a limit on per day / per month / per transaction earning in burgundy debit card ?
None as far as my understanding. since it is least ER points of 2 per 200ER, which is like .8 conv ratio of miles/hotel with the HNI card(without any devalution)

Good part is there is no MCC restriction as well, meaning you can use it online like Payzap like Bill payment which actually will come as Insurance MCC or something normally, which is mostly excluded from rewards.

Another thing you can do is that, you can use your E-Debit card(Digi SB account) to get cashback upto Rs.500 (but MCC restriction is there
Here is the MCC - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/e-debit-excludded-mccs.pdf

None as far as my understanding. since it is least ER points of 2 per 200ER, which is like .8 conv ratio of miles/hotel with the HNI card(without any devalution)

Good part is there is no MCC restriction as well, meaning you can use it online like Payzap like Bill payment which actually will come as Insurance MCC or something normally, which is mostly excluded from rewards.

Another thing you can do is that, you can use your E-Debit card(Digi SB account) to get cashback upto Rs.500 (but MCC restriction is there
Here is the MCC - https://www.axisbank.com/docs/default-source/default-document-library/e-debit-excludded-mccs.pdf
I have tried using e-debit card to make credit card payment, but haven't got any cash back. On which transactions is it actually possible to get this benefit, as the exclusion list seems to exclude every thing . How long does it take for the cashback to get credited?

Back