• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis burgundy with PPF account.

ccdc

TF Ace
PPF's aren't counted unless someone here has opened a burgundy account solely on the basis of ppf account transfer (just account transfer not new deposits in ppf).

techt

TF Legend
The balances held in PPF are not part of Bank/Post Office funds. That amount belongs to GoI. Banks/PO acts as an agent of GoI. Just like LIC for PMVVY - Prime Minister Vaya Vandana Yojana.

So, I wonder if Axis RMs are considering it as their own deposits.

Ignorance is a bliss.
Well said. After reading this and realizing, they may change Burgundy rules again.

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
The balances held in PPF are not part of Bank/Post Office funds. That amount belongs to GoI. Banks/PO acts as an agent of GoI. Just like LIC for PMVVY - Prime Minister Vaya Vandana Yojana.

So, I wonder if Axis RMs are considering it as their own deposits.

Ignorance is a bliss.

1) Are the PPF funds held within the private bank? Or are they transferred to some central corpus that the Government maintains and invests?
2) If the funds are held by the bank, are there any restrictions on the bank deploying the said funds? I mean, could the bank loan out the funds to get say 14% interest, pay PPF interest of 8.5% (assumed amount) from that and retain the remaining 5.5%?

Last edited:

ccdc

TF Ace
1) Are the PPF funds held within the private bank? Or are they transferred to some central corpus that the Government maintains and invests?
2) If the funds are held by the bank, are there any restrictions on the bank deploying the said funds? I mean, could the bank loan out the funds to get say 14% interest, pay PPF interest of 8.5% (assumed amount) from that and retain the remaining 5.5%?
lets assume ppf at 15% (as long as we are assuming)....in this case axis will give you 1% extra for doing ppf with them....enjoy!!!

Copycat

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
lets assume ppf at 15% (as long as we are assuming)....in this case axis will give you 1% extra for doing ppf with them....enjoy!!!

my comment was meant to be taken as sarcasm....i very well know about ppf and many others...

What's the point of this reply? Either you answer what I think is a valid question or just let things be and let those who know answer. I don't think there is any need for sarcasm here.

FYI, I'll be extending my account for the 3rd time on 2nd April, so I'm well aware of the scheme from a consumer viewpoint. I'd like to know more about the inner workings of the scheme and that's something I couldn't find with a quick Google search. After all, there must be a reason why Axis is willing to bestow Burgundy status on those who transfer a 30L+ PPF account

Last edited:

ccdc

TF Ace
What's the point of this reply? Either you answer what I think is a valid question or just let things be and let those who know answer. I don't think there is any need for sarcasm here.

FYI, I'll be extending my account for the 3rd time on 2nd April, so I'm well aware of the scheme from a consumer viewpoint. I'd like to know more about the inner workings of the scheme and that's something I couldn't find with a quick Google search. After all, there must be a reason why Axis is willing to bestow Burgundy status on those who transfer a 30L+ PPF account
look mr copycat...sarcasm is good anywhere...i have also faced sarcasm on my comments...haven't cried....so you also shouldn't....laugh at it and move on...secondly ppf account is not included in TRV/NRV in any bank....unless as i said earlier someone here has got the burgundy status solely on the basis of transfer of ppf account from some other bank to axis (just transfer not fresh ppf deposits)