• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis consolidated charges - what to do? 😡

ltf4ever

TF Legend
i just checked my savings account and found that axis is debiting consolidated charges every quarter, without even sending a debit sms.

how do i avoid/reverse/minimize these charges?
one quarter, it was 30 rupees, another quarter, it was 2 rupees. how are they calculated?

Thts exaclty the problem..... To wht I know they combine everything as Consolidated charges and charge🤦‍♂️ I think it probably includes fuel surcharge, sms charges(not sure about this one) , railway ticket surcharge..... and things like that

i just checked my savings account and found that axis is debiting consolidated charges every quarter, without even sending a debit sms.

how do i avoid/reverse/minimize these charges?
one quarter, it was 30 rupees, another quarter, it was 2 rupees. how are they calculated?
I also don't know ?but for sms alerts the maximum they can charge you is 17.5 rs which I am paying every quarter. I haven't ever faced any issues with axis but many have faced it, guess I am lucky

so I got a confirmation over email that only sms alerts are being charged as consolidated charges.

inhave requested them to unsubscribe me from these alerts.

will this also stop me from getting transaction otp for my credit card?

Just now got SMS from Axis bank regarding Consolidated charges, mentioned as SMS alert charges is Rs. 2.25 and when I check statement there is additional 0.41 Rs GST (18%) mentioned.

Attachments

• image_picker5438252606775211832.jpg
    image_picker5438252606775211832.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 35
- SMS charges they will debit.
- Debit card charge once in a year.

This will be debited for sure.
You can check the breakup of these charges usually in the statement section via netbanking. I checked once long back.
i confirmed from them that only sms charges are being applied. i cancelled debit card long ago.
i have asked them to stop sms also. let's see. even card otp i am getting on email so there is absolutely no need of sms alerts.

Just now got SMS from Axis bank regarding Consolidated charges, mentioned as SMS alert charges is Rs. 2.25 and when I check statement there is additional 0.41 Rs GST (18%) mentioned.
I have unsubscribed from sms from day 1 of account opening still they have charged 6rs plus gst... I think its time to get them spanked from rbi... Even au bank deducted sms charges despite being unsubscribed from sms charges

Recently opened Burgundy Family Account.
I was told that there would be no banking charges.
No SMS ... No ChqBook Charge .... No Debit Card Charge... Nothing ....

Can any Burgundy customer confirm this ...

Recently opened Burgundy Family Account.
I was told that there would be no banking charges.
No SMS ... No ChqBook Charge .... No Debit Card Charge... Nothing ....

Can any Burgundy customer confirm this .
In Burgundy a/c they don't charge for sms,debit card .
For cheque as far as I remember 20 cheque is free/ quater.
Hope it helps

update:

axis confirmed that only sms alerts is being charged under consolidated charges for me.
when i asked them to unsubscribe me, the pno replied that i will have to visit nearest axis branch for submitting this request.
thinking of closing the account now once my fds mature 😐 i am being charged 35 rupees for sms!!

update:

axis confirmed that only sms alerts is being charged under consolidated charges for me.
when i asked them to unsubscribe me, the pno replied that i will have to visit nearest axis branch for submitting this request.
thinking of closing the account now once my fds mature 😐 i am being charged 35 rupees for sms!!
Please check their ATM. Years ago my wife has unsubscribed using ATM when they started charging for SMS.

update:

I was told that I can unsubscribe through atm. I am going to give it a try. The 35 charge is per quarter - that’s what I was told.

I was told that I can unsubscribe through atm. I am going to give it a try. The 35 charge is per quarter - that’s what I was told.
i checked my last year's statements, sometimes i get charged monthly, sometimes quarterly.

when they replied to me with breakup of consolidated charges, stating that SMS alerts are being charged, I asked them why was the consolidated charges debit not alerted to me via SMS. the very next day of this email, i received the SMS for consolidated charges deduction ( which happened 3 days back)!

Back