• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Gyftr x2 x3 x5 gone - Gyftr coins introduced

What is value of 1 GyFTR Coins ??

If I logical assume it to be 1Rs.

That means 2x EdgeRewards for Amazon,
Which result in around 9.6% of Airmiles.
Will be now be 0.5 of GyFTR Coins, i.e. 10rs on 2000rs of Amazon Voucher, which can only be used to buy more voucher.

If my assumption is true, then they should have close the GyFTR Program only.

Nah rahe gi bass, na bajegi basuri

Moderator please permit us to use foul language against Axis... Kuch paap nahi lagega.
Let people remove their frustration.

I feel the best credit card now for Amazon is ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, SBI Cashback and HDFC Infinia (only upto 20k per statement - 10k Amazon Pay Voucher, 10k Amazon Shopping Voucher)

ICICI Amazon Pay CC
5% on Shopping
2% on Bill Payment
1% on all other Payment
Unlimited Cashback in Amazon wallet no zig zig.

SBI Cashback
5% upto 1lac per statement

Last edited:
What is value of 1 GyFTR Coins ??

If I logical assume it to be 1Rs.

That means 2x EdgeRewards for Amazon,
Which result in around 9.6% of Airmiles.
Will be now be 0.5 of GyFTR Coins, i.e. 10rs on 2000rs of Amazon Voucher, which can only be used to buy more voucher.

If my assumption is true, then they should have close the GyFTR Program only.

Nah rahe gi bass, na bajegi basuri

Moderator please permit us to use foul language against Axis... Kuch paap nahi lagega.
Let people remove their frustration.

I feel the best credit card now for Amazon is ICICI Amazon Pay Credit Card, SBI Cashback and HDFC Infinia (only upto 20k per statement - 10k Amazon Pay Voucher, 10k Amazon Shopping Voucher)

ICICI Amazon Pay CC
5% on Shopping
2% on Bill Payment
1% on all other Payment
Unlimited Cashback in Amazon wallet no zig zig.

SBI Cashback
5% upto 1lac per statement
Its almost equal to closing the program. There's no value left.

And tbh the way Axis team runs credit card business they should close their company itself

Its almost equal to closing the program. There's no value left.

And tbh the way Axis team runs credit card business they should close their company itself
Axis strategy of Gyftr Coins has

Single handedly made us realise, free and entry level card are still worth every penny and need to kept in core card portfolio.

Now,
SBI Cashback
ICIC Amazon Pay CC
HDFC Swiggy LTF

Are somehow worth more then psedo ultra luxury cards in terms of monetary value offered.

Thank you Axis to make us realise value of simple and free cards.

Last edited:
Axis Bank this time hit below the belt by not informing it beforehand.
One more point to note
Even in Amex reward multiplier, the maximum denomination for Amazon Pay Voucher is 500, so for 10000 you will have to enter amazon voucher code 20 times.

I feel their won't be even one customer who will still find ways to use Axis GyFTR platform for any benefit.

Share any voucher you still find it worth it, after introduction of GyFTR Coin.

If you look at all the devaluations in the past one year, it was always Axis Bank cards that suffered the most. From the very highest end to the entry level, all cards have been massively devalued, some have been rendered absolutely useless (Magnus OG, Select). And the devaluations are just not ending. They are regularily cutting away whatever can be cut without warning, with all benefits being slowly reduced/excluded across all card types.

My guess is that Axis is bleeding heavily from the Citi acqusition. All the high-value customers might have already left long ago and the remaining are leaving in droves tired of their shit, because as a Citi customer for 15 years myself I can very confidently say that you cannot even start comparing service levels of the both. Also, they probably revamped their card portfolio and launched products like Magnus to give an aura of a slick and cool bank but that also backfired massively because they heavily underestimated how shrewed our people are when it comes to looting benefits. I have a feeling that Axis bit off more than they can chew here. This happens when UTI Bank babus make decisions ensconsed in their burgundy coccoons without any view of what the real world is outside.

Oh, and get ready for another round of Atlas devaluations. At this point it is all but inevitable.

If you look at all the devaluations in the past one year, it was always Axis Bank cards that suffered the most. From the very highest end to the entry level, all cards have been massively devalued, some have been rendered absolutely useless (Magnus OG, Select). And the devaluations are just not ending. They are regularily cutting away whatever can be cut without warning, with all benefits being slowly reduced/excluded across all card types.

My guess is that Axis is bleeding heavily from the Citi acqusition. All the high-value customers might have already left long ago and the remaining are leaving in droves tired of their shit, because as a Citi customer for 15 years myself I can very confidently say that you cannot even start comparing service levels of the both. Also, they probably revamped their card portfolio and launched products like Magnus to give an aura of a slick and cool bank but that also backfired massively because they heavily underestimated how shrewed our people are when it comes to looting benefits. I have a feeling that Axis bit off more than they can chew here. This happens when UTI Bank babus make decisions ensconsed in their burgundy coccoons without any view of what the real world is outside.

Oh, and get ready for another round of Atlas devaluations. At this point it is all but inevitable.
Eventually Axis Bank Credit Card reward structure will come down to ICICI Bank and IDFC First Bank card structure.

Max you can expect is 1.5% rewards anyhow, using any permutations and combinations.

Fir unka normal card lo ke ya pesdo ultra luxury card lo.

Bus unlimited lounge de denge for luxury card, and real UHNI don't even use that feature also because of the Q and crowd in the lounge this days, he will prefer to pay 300rs at some restaurant in airport and seat peacefully with his cup of coffee.

Last edited:
I suggest instead of doing such irrational devaluation time to time, they must voluntarily close magus program, shift all to some other cards.

Go back drawing board, create a completely new product, where they are sure with all the data they have, that they won't need to temper and devaluate it from time to time and then launch it fresh.

Axis Primus for UUHNI

New Product for UHNI (kill magnus and come up with something completely new)

Cards with fees (2k,5k fees) for HNI

LTF Cards for regular segments

And Cobranded Cards

Now they have enough data points and usage pattern data to come with proper products.

Last edited:
Back