• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus: First month voucher limit of 25k on gyftr

farhan7500

TF Buzz
Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well.

Is there a limit of Rs 25k voucher purchase in the first month? I have suddenly started getting the attached error when buying vouchers from gyftr. I did not find this anywhere in their terms and conditions. Just to be clear these are not limited vouchers like Amazon/Flipkart, it applies to all vouchers on gyftr.

1681224263040.png

Not sure but I can easily add 50k vouchers of Bata
10k vouchers of Spencer’s

View attachment 13999
Yours must be older gyftr account. Mine was just created at the end of last month. I think they are restricting new accounts from buying more than 25k worth of vouchers as I cannot buy anything right now. FYI, I have purchased more than 25k worth of vouchers already and I think this restrictions on new accounts has been added recently (today).

I also see this limit today. I had already bought 80K worth of vouchers (swiggy, zomato, amazon, flipkart). If it is 75K for first 90 days, then I will not be able to use gyftr platform for the next 2.5 months.

Do we know the limits for 6 month old accounts or even 1 year old accounts?

Can I use my Magnus Card on my friends Gyftr Edge account if it more than 3 months old? Would it violate and TnCs or cause issues like:
- Gyftr Account Name should match card name?
- Multiple cards from different owners can't be used to make the transactions on a single account?
- Axis bank won't record gyftr transaction made on some one else's account?

Last edited:
Yeah same issue i also got, so pointless since i have already spent >75k but still now it randomly says only 75k. Axis is going crazy, these are the times i am thankful for Infinia. HDFC support and tech >>>>>> Axis
is the limit only for axis gyftr or also on hdfc gyftr and amex gyftr? basically, is it axis restriction or gyftr restriction?

There is no such limit on gyftr .certain Individual vouchers have some cap
There is no such 75k rule of 90 days too
Individual limit like
Apay 10k
Amazon shopping 25k
Tata cliq 20k
Flipkart 10k

There many vouchers without any cap
Kalyan jewelers
Dominos
MMT
Yatra
Etc etc
Flipkart has 10k but if we go back to gyftr and buy Flipkart voucher again, it takes me to payment page. Means we can buy more than 10k from Flipkart in chunks

Can we use different phone numbers to purchase vouchers and apply in one product purchase? Or it'll still know based upon the card number?
From what I have gathered till now, it is best to use the mobile number registered with the card on gyftr. Although you can create new accounts and your gyftr will process your transaction even if the mobile number doesn't match but Axis can block your card.

The above case has already happened with an acquaintance of mine although he had HDFC Infinia on HDFC Gyftr. So in my opinion not worth taking the risk. Wait for 90 days until limit becomes 1 Lakh per month.

From what I have gathered till now, it is best to use the mobile number registered with the card on gyftr. Although you can create new accounts and your gyftr will process your transaction even if the mobile number doesn't match but Axis can block your card.

The above case has already happened with an acquaintance of mine although he had HDFC Infinia on HDFC Gyftr. So in my opinion not worth taking the risk. Wait for 90 days until limit becomes 1 Lakh per month.
Oh so I got Magnus on 15th Feb that's why my limit is 10k. After May it'll become 1L/month?

Folks, I have had a long talk with Gyftr Customer support over this topic. As usual they are not aware of this change. They are saying that it might be some new TnC as we all are contemplating but it might also be that the backend team was adding these limits to some other gyftr portal and it got spilled over to axis edge.

In any case, they will share the details soon.

Hoping it is the second case but knowing our luck, it would be the first. :cry:

Yeah, there is a new 75k limit of 90 days too. Magnus is devaluing at the speed of light. Can't trust them anymore - might as well devalue flights/etc. Gimmicky tactics to lure in new customers.
True . Especially with their 90 days time to credit points. Its really not trust worthy. I just hope the Mile program stays afloat for at least this year for 5:4 ratio

Back