• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Magnus meet and greet, My experience

Hisoka

TF Ace
So today I had a flight from Bangalore T1 to Delhi T3. I booked Airport meet and greet at departure. Here are all the things that I expected to happen but didn’t happen, I’d love to listen to other’s experiences as well

1. They didn’t have a buggy, they said as it’s a small airport so no buggy for T1. For T2 they have

2. We were made through all the normal checks, including airport entry, baggage checkin, security check in etc. We were standing in like like everyone else. Just they were holding our luggage and asked our flight class. We said premium economy and they stood in that line, so did we.

3. I assumed that we’ll directly be dropped in lounge from VIP entry and they’ll do all the baggage checkin and security checkin for us. But I felt like normal flow, just that a guy was there with us to do the work which we do, and we were watching him do that.

4. Luckily we had premium economy so our boarding was very smooth. And at security checkin there was not much crowd today. BUT, if we had booked economy class and there was huge line at security. We had to stand in that line only, which defeats the whole purpose of meet and greet.

To summarise, although my flight experience was smooth. Meet and greet didn’t play any role in that process. I’ll try again from Delhi airport as it’s usually crowded. Does everyone’s experience is the same, so let me know!

Bonus: I didn’t know we have a more premium lounge at Bangalore airports (International lounge), and since I hold the Magnus card, I was able to enter myself and one guest through priority pass. That lounge is way better than the domestic one as domestic lounge is too crowded. This felt more premium

So today I had a flight from Bangalore T1 to Delhi T3. I booked Airport meet and greet at departure. Here are all the things that I expected to happen but didn’t happen, I’d love to listen to other’s experiences as well

1. They didn’t have a buggy, they said as it’s a small airport so no buggy for T1. For T2 they have

2. We were made through all the normal checks, including airport entry, baggage checkin, security check in etc. We were standing in like like everyone else. Just they were holding our luggage and asked our flight class. We said premium economy and they stood in that line, so did we.

3. I assumed that we’ll directly be dropped in lounge from VIP entry and they’ll do all the baggage checkin and security checkin for us. But I felt like normal flow, just that a guy was there with us to do the work which we do, and we were watching him do that.

4. Luckily we had premium economy so our boarding was very smooth. And at security checkin there was not much crowd today. BUT, if we had booked economy class and there was huge line at security. We had to stand in that line only, which defeats the whole purpose of meet and greet.

To summarise, although my flight experience was smooth. Meet and greet didn’t play any role in that process. I’ll try again from Delhi airport as it’s usually crowded. Does everyone’s experience is the same, so let me know!

Bonus: I didn’t know we have a more premium lounge at Bangalore airports (International lounge), and since I hold the Magnus card, I was able to enter myself and one guest through priority pass. That lounge is way better than the domestic one as domestic lounge is too crowded. This felt more premium
i was taken by buggy in blore T1 last month when I had a baby with our team of 4 members

there are no rules for Meet & Greet , it completely depends on the executive and the airport . If the executive is smart enough he will leverage his status and use all priority gates for speedy access, if he is a beginner he will just follow airport rules. M&G is different than speedy immigration . Mostly in international M&G service is more beneficial if it includes speedy immigration. Which actually saves a lot of time.

In domestic , its not that usefull to me , of course if you have infant and senior citizens you can leverage the service and get buggy but nothing more than that . For priority access there is no such queues , if executuve is smart he will open the latches to some gates and make a back door kind of entry

Sorry sorry, it was an international lounge... I was of the view that international lounge means overseas lounge means outside India lounges...

I am also flying from Delhi T3 to Mumbai and i beleive that T3 is international departure... So possibly there would be international lounge ? I have my kid with me aging 12 yrs..the check-in will be smooth if it's the case....

Please provide insight...
U can't access international lounge on domestic flight😂.

There are 2 domestic lounges and 2 international lounges all in T1. You accessed 080 domestic lounge. And Magnus priority pass is free (will be charged after 2 months and reversed after 2 days) even for domestic lounge.

And yes, Bangalore meet and greet is nothing except a porter service😅. Still as it is only 2rs, I have used it even on arrivals for my single hand bag alone just for the vip feel. They get pretty good money from axis for 5 minutes of work🤣.

Oh so priority with cheaper cards doesn’t work for domestic lounge access?
Yes, for sure

I just used today, no charge
You will be charged and then reversed

I am also of the same view ... However the post claims so..
Here : https://www.technofino.in/community...n-be-used-in-domestic-lounges-confirmed.4977/
and https://www.technofino.in/community...s-can-be-used-for-domestic-lounges-also.4951/

There are 2 domestic lounges and 2 international lounges all in T1. You accessed 080 domestic lounge. And Magnus priority pass is free (will be charged after 2 months and reversed after 2 days) even for domestic lounge.

And yes, Bangalore meet and greet is nothing except a porter service😅. Still as it is only 2rs, I have used it even on arrivals for my single hand bag alone just for the vip feel. They get pretty good money from axis for 5 minutes of work🤣.
Thank god somebody finally clarified about the international lounge access for a domestic flight. I was so surprised nobody else seemed to notice it and i started doubting myself for a second :ROFLMAO:

Oh so priority with cheaper cards doesn’t work for domestic lounge access?
It will work , you will be charged 27 usd plus taxes and it won’t get waived off later
For PP with unlimited lounge access like infinia , Magnus etc , charges will get waived off .

Also charges are not levied instantly sometimes, for example my lounge usage in August was charged in November and then waived off the very next day .this happened to my PP with axis select . Whereas my wife PP with zen signature the charges never came up in transaction
So I guess it’s different for different issuers

Yeah even on their back of that guy’s T-shirt it was written porter only 😂

Yes i was also thinking as it is calculated as 1 service, I have used it 10 days back from Mumbai to Delhi and my wife was accompanying me.
But while at the time of booking it asks option for a guest. So we don’t fill that and at Airport they still allows us to accompany the guest? If yes then it’s great because that will save us 1 M&G

Well, I have used the service 8 times last year in Delhi airport. To be honest I just use it because I have it "for free". If traveling in economy, you always will face the economy class lines for check in, immigration and all the formalities. the only difference is a person wearing a yellow shirt by your side pretending that is doing some work but is not.
My last experience in December was pathetic, I booked an arrival pick up just in order to use the buggy and overcross the crowd going to the immigration line. They simply forgot to pick me up and all that I got was an apologetic message.
It`s even stressful to book it as sometimes they call you 2 hours before your flight, sometimes they forget and you need to call yourself. Encalm has a poor services in all aspects, starting from the meet and greet to the terrible new lounge at T3, which is always extremely crowded. (I miss so much the beautiful business class plaza premium lounge)

Back