• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Primus, a new Super Premium credit card with ₹1.8L fee

SubhankarSubhankar is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Chief Mod
VIP Lounge
Axis Bank has listed a Super Premium card, silently to their updated MITC, and they’re calling it Axis Primus.

What do we know as of now?

1. 1.8L fee
2. No DCC markup
3. No Forex markup
4. No cash withdrawals fee
5. Lowest finance charges, starting from 1%
6. No over limit fee
7. Add-on card: first one is free, from next one ₹15,000
8. No 1% rent payment fee

Except these as there’s no mention of any exclusion in reward points earning and milestone exclusion. So we can assume, there’s no exclusion. Good old Axis days for a price?

Added the MITC doc in the attachment.

What do you think of this card? Surely it’s not going to be easily available like other Axis cards in golden days, but does ₹1.8L fee justified as of now? Let us know below

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2321.png
    IMG_2321.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 433
  • New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    494.3 KB · Views: 203
how will they make money? this is a non starter
It won't. And they cannot devalue this as well lest should they piss of their richest customers.

So what will happen is the same thing that is happening worldwide currently - the common people will pay the price to keep the rich, richer. It could be possible that all "aam aadmi" Axis cards will get devalued to prop up Primus and Olympus, most probably through consolidation of various similarly featured cards with the benefits retained at the lowest common denominator. For example, the IndianOil cards will get combined, as will Neo and Myzone. Atlas and Horizon too with Horizon reward struture and probably Atlas' milestones retained. Magnus OG and/or Reserve will most probably get scrapped too.

It won't. And they cannot devalue this as well lest should they piss of their richest customers.

So what will happen is the same thing that is happening worldwide currently - the common people will pay the price to keep the rich, richer. It could be possible that all "aam aadmi" Axis cards will get devalued to prop up Primus and Olympus, most probably through consolidation of various similarly featured cards with the benefits retained at the lowest common denominator. For example, the IndianOil cards will get combined, as will Neo and Myzone. Atlas and Horizon too with Horizon reward struture and probably Atlas' milestones retained. Magnus OG and/or Reserve will most probably get scrapped too.
5% for a card that costs 1.8 L + taxes with not so much value returned or luxury returned is passe'.

Amex plat charge will win this customer group.. people who pay that kind of money ( except for a few adventurous ones from TF) look for experience / convininence and luxury.. not for rewards..

Just saw the detailed T&C, this card is a dud. No one in their right mind would choose this over Amex Plat charge.

Just saw the detailed T&C, this card is a dud. No one in their right mind would choose this over Amex Plat charge.
25K EM -> 1.25L Accor -> 2.25L rupees worth. So correct me if I am wrong, Primus justifies the welcome benefits better than Plat Charge.

25K EM -> 1.25L Accor -> 2.25L rupees worth. So correct me if I am wrong, Primus justifies the welcome benefits better than Plat Charge.
Okay, let us consider only this scenario of welcome benefit.
For Primus =>1.8 Lacs + GST (total 2,12,400/-) you are getting 2.25 Lac rupees worth.
For Plat Charge => 60K + GST (total 70,800) you are getting 1,35,000 MR point. With 30% transfer offer in Q4 = 1,75,000 Marriott Bonvoy point. If you plan well, you can easily extract 0.8 to 1 rupee per MB point.

For Primus =>1.8 Lacs + GST (total 2,12,400/-) you are getting 2.25 Lac rupees worth.
For Plat Charge => 60K + GST (total 70,800) you are getting 1,35,000 MR point. With 30% transfer offer in Q4 = 1,75,000 Marriott Bonvoy point. If you plan well, you can easily extract 0.8 to 1 rupee per MB point.
1.25 L worth miles even if u consider 1rs per mile.. not 2.25 L.. So nett u still wd have paid 90kinr + as fee

Exactly this Axis card is waste, unless given LTF to those clients

Sometimes I really wonder how people on the forum so easily say that they can extract MR point value at 1Rs per MR. In my last two years of experience I was never getting a value of more than 0.5 for any properties in Singapore and Dubai. And therefore naturally I went with Accor on both instances

Is it because people plan hotel first and then destination, instead of destination first and then hotel?

Reactions: m4b
Sometimes I really wonder how people on the forum so easily say that they can extract MR point value at 1Rs per MR. In my last two years of experience I was never getting a value of more than 0.5 for any properties in Singapore and Dubai. And therefore naturally I went with Accor on both instances

Is it because people plan hotel first and then destination, instead of destination first and then hotel?
Extraction is always difficult and needs planning. Like I stayed for 5 nights and paid for 4 nights and it automatically gives a 25% better conversion rate.

yes that's my point. Very difficult to get above 0.5-0.6

Extraction is always difficult and needs planning. Like I stayed for 5 nights and paid for 4 nights and it automatically gives a 25% better conversion rate.
lmao I don't talk about conversion rate! Focus on point to value ratio.

Back