• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Primus, a new Super Premium credit card with ₹1.8L fee

SubhankarSubhankar is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Chief Mod
VIP Lounge
Axis Bank has listed a Super Premium card, silently to their updated MITC, and they’re calling it Axis Primus.

What do we know as of now?

1. 1.8L fee
2. No DCC markup
3. No Forex markup
4. No cash withdrawals fee
5. Lowest finance charges, starting from 1%
6. No over limit fee
7. Add-on card: first one is free, from next one ₹15,000
8. No 1% rent payment fee

Except these as there’s no mention of any exclusion in reward points earning and milestone exclusion. So we can assume, there’s no exclusion. Good old Axis days for a price?

Added the MITC doc in the attachment.

What do you think of this card? Surely it’s not going to be easily available like other Axis cards in golden days, but does ₹1.8L fee justified as of now? Let us know below

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2321.png
    IMG_2321.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 433
  • New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    494.3 KB · Views: 203
Sometimes I really wonder how people on the forum so easily say that they can extract MR point value at 1Rs per MR. In my last two years of experience I was never getting a value of more than 0.5 for any properties in Singapore and Dubai. And therefore naturally I went with Accor on both instances

Is it because people plan hotel first and then destination, instead of destination first and then hotel?
You are partly correct. You need to first look at properties and then destination at times. At times you need to plan months in advance.
I am myself not a fan of Marriott Bonvoy and would prefer Accor any day over MB.
But for the sake of the this conversation, I have actually extracted value of more than 1/- per MB point more than once. And worst case has been 0.6

You do not take a card for its welcome benefits only. The rest of the features of Primus looks dud comparatively.

Sometimes I really wonder how people on the forum so easily say that they can extract MR point value at 1Rs per MR. In my last two years of experience I was never getting a value of more than 0.5 for any properties in Singapore and Dubai. And therefore naturally I went with Accor on both instances

Is it because people plan hotel first and then destination, instead of destination first and then hotel?
Last month I purchased few MR for 0.45rs.

Was easily able to extract about 1.3-1.6rs out of it.

And not some hypothetical value but actual value.

You can easily extract 1.1rs atleast but it needs to be on ur travel plans.

I have seen a lot of people here travel to masai mara or some remote place to get their value. Which I find stupid and unnecessary.

You should travel because you want to not to make your points worth.

I have seen a lot of people here travel to masai mara or some remote place to get their value. Which I find stupid and unnecessary.

This year in june i went to masai mara & Seychelles using Accor & Aircanada Aeroplan. IT was worth and 80% was covered using points from M4B.

So guys you think you would get 0.8 to 1 easily? 🤣
And while we were having this conversation, I was planning my next month's trip to Bangalore. I usually stay in MG Road or Whitefield area. While my 3 night stay at Aloft Whitefield costs 22K point, standard rates are 10.8K per night. Value of around 1.5/- per MB point

1723537921124.png

Which hotels allowed you to extract this value?

If you are talking about business class redemption then it is a different thing

And while we were having this conversation, I was planning my next month's trip to Bangalore. I usually stay in MG Road or Whitefield area. While my 3 night stay at Aloft Whitefield costs 22K point, standard rates are 10.8K per night. Value of around 1.5/- per MB point

View attachment 64889
Hmm.... I guess use case matters.

I never really check city / business hotels in India. I usually check resort properties only for vacations. City hotels outside India don't provide such value. e.g. Dubai, Singapore etc

Most of the benefits of this card ( except EM ) are not worth for common person, its only useful for UHNI. It would nice to see in upcoming months if UHNI actually buys this or not, otherwise we will see more benefits being added to card.

Something similar to how it went with Magnus when it was launched initially

Most of the benefits of this card ( except EM ) are not worth for common person, its only useful for UHNI. It would nice to see in upcoming months if UHNI actually buys this or not, otherwise we will see more benefits being added to card.

Something similar to how it went with Magnus when it was launched initially
Almost all travel benefits are only for people who travel Business/First class. That too with 10s of terms and conditions making it impractical to reap rewards. For an UHNI card, people would want no strings attached

Back