• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis Primus, a new Super Premium credit card with ₹1.8L fee

SubhankarSubhankar is verified member.

TF Legend
TF Family
Chief Mod
VIP Lounge
Axis Bank has listed a Super Premium card, silently to their updated MITC, and they’re calling it Axis Primus.

What do we know as of now?

1. 1.8L fee
2. No DCC markup
3. No Forex markup
4. No cash withdrawals fee
5. Lowest finance charges, starting from 1%
6. No over limit fee
7. Add-on card: first one is free, from next one ₹15,000
8. No 1% rent payment fee

Except these as there’s no mention of any exclusion in reward points earning and milestone exclusion. So we can assume, there’s no exclusion. Good old Axis days for a price?

Added the MITC doc in the attachment.

What do you think of this card? Surely it’s not going to be easily available like other Axis cards in golden days, but does ₹1.8L fee justified as of now? Let us know below

Attachments

• IMG_2320.jpeg
    IMG_2320.jpeg
    25.7 KB · Views: 430
  • IMG_2321.png
    IMG_2321.png
    99.1 KB · Views: 433
  • New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    New-mitc-credit-cards.pdf
    494.3 KB · Views: 203
HDFC Ergo (I have star health for 7 years but going to port to hdfc ergo in sep)
1) Do they have cashless pay outs in the major hospitals in Mumbai city centre?
2) will they reimburse 100% of the hospital expenses claimed or only a small amount?

I have shared my experience with HDFC ergo somewhere in TF.
1. You can find the hospital network on google.
2. For some medicine they don’t, they have reimbursed 98% of the amount.

2) will they reimburse 100% of the hospital expenses claimed or only a small amount?
. . .

In short yes and yes to both your questions (relative to any other insurance provider) Go for HDFC ergo optima secure

My preferred YT channel for Mediclaim policies covers it in detail too:

They have cashless agreements with hospitals in the middle of nowhere in Kerala so most probably will cover all hospitals in all of Mumbai and Thane.

Primus, Olympus, Horizon, Cashback and all the cards given to Citibank card holders will be available to axis customers only after 15th August after all the pending edge points/miles are credited

Last edited:
The current lineup of Axis cards is a mess. Literally, every single card is a shell of its former self. The new lineup to replace Citi cards looks promising to me so far because there aren't a lot of spend-based benefits.

This time, they should value brand marketing rather than sales marketing. The brand value is at an all-time low, and people have lost all respect for Axis.

If they want to turn this around, they should stop issuing cluster f*cks like Magnus/Reserve and gradually phase out these products. Maybe introduce another Infinia competitor to keep the EDGE rewards alive. A card with a 12.5k fee should not have a spending requirement for something as basic as lounge access.

Protect the new premium cards like Olympus. Even For someone with a monthly income of 5L or 10L, the card should never be LTF.

And just make the new Primus card as exclusive as the Amex Centurion; limit the card to a few thousand people if you have to.
how will they make money? this is a non starter

Back