• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Axis to Accor transfer shows success but points not reflecting in Accor

TF Premier
Yeah, for me it upgraded because I had a 12 night stay. But I can't say for sure whether my member number changed because of the upgrade or because of some other reason.
For accor the membership number changes with change in tier.

TF Premier
I have just been accumulating Accor points in my account and my wife's account.
I have not yet started using Ibis hotels
are there any important tips and advice you can give me.? Thanks 🙏
Why ibis? Why not other better hotels?

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
I have just been accumulating Accor points in my account and my wife's account.
I have not yet started using Ibis hotels
are there any important tips and advice you can give me.? Thanks 🙏
One hack which I found was that you can pay with points now and you can also pay with points at the hotel. But if you pay with points at the hotel, you get status points for the same too. Whereas if you pay with points at the time of booking itself, you don't get status points for that much amount. You should of course ask the hotel in advance whether they accept pay with points on the spot over there.

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Because we are out 16 hours sightseeing and spend only 8 hours to sleep at the hotel
so we are not fussy about the hotel
We are exactly the same. But one thing to be noted about Ibis, the rooms are really small. I mean, some rooms are such that if you open two bags, you won't have any standing space,or worse, no space to open two bags at the same time. Try to avoid the Ibis Budget hotels. Ibis Styles are okay, but do check the room size. The normal Ibis with the red logo are usually decent, but check the room size there too.

drsel

TF Legend
We are exactly the same. But one thing to be noted about Ibis, the rooms are really small. I mean, some rooms are such that if you open two bags, you won't have any standing space,or worse, no space to open two bags at the same time. Try to avoid the Ibis Budget hotels. Ibis Styles are okay, but do check the room size. The normal Ibis with the red logo are usually decent, but check the room size there too.
Thanks.
So should we always book at Pay at the hotel rate and then when we reach reception tell them we will pay with points including taxes and including food drinks and transfer charges, if any?

sid16

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Thanks.
So should we always book at Pay at the hotel rate and then when we reach reception tell them we will pay with points including taxes and including food drinks and transfer charges, if any?
Again, I'm not sure how much of those status points will be helpful for me in the future. It is usually for tier upgrades. Also, it depends on whether you're going for a refundable or non-refundable fare. For non-refundable reservations, anyway there is no option but to pay using points+cash at booking time itself. If you're doing a refundable booking, you can call up the property in advance and ask them whether they allow you to pay with points at their reception at the time of check in. This could depend from property to property.

sourpai

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Yup, now that there are others too, this appears to be an issue with accor. Do update when any of you get those points
Just to update, points started reflecting in Accor in 2 days post getting message from Axis. Now off to a big redemption coming up in Feb. Will be transferring Infinia points also to Accor for one last time before the ratio changes

SM24

TF Premier
VIP Lounge
Got a reply from Accor today that points were already credited on the day Axis mentioned transaction successful. But still not reflecting in accor. Have mailed them again. Anyone else got this resolved ?
Both my Accor and Aeroplan transfers got resolved early yesterday.

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
I am still waiting. Accor is saying that points have been received but not reflecting in app due to glitch.
Told me to reinstall app or check on website, however even then points are not displayed.

Similar thing happened with HDFC transfer, had transferred 35k points on 31st Dec from smartbuy portal, got confirmation from HDFC on 1st Jan. Points are still not showing up in Accor though

LJGIBBS

TF Ace
Similar thing happened with HDFC transfer, had transferred 35k points on 31st Dec from smartbuy portal, got confirmation from HDFC on 1st Jan. Points are still not showing up in Accor though
In my case points were actually credited the next day itself, but it was some issue with Accor. When I mailed them, they told me that points have been credited. Still those were not reflecting in my app or web account. I then transferred some more points and then all points started showing up for me too. So you may first check with accor by mailing them, if the say points are credited, do a token transfer and your entire points would start reflecting

In my case points were actually credited the next day itself, but it was some issue with Accor. When I mailed them, they told me that points have been credited. Still those were not reflecting in my app or web account. I then transferred some more points and then all points started showing up for me too. So you may first check with accor by mailing them, if the say points are credited, do a token transfer and your entire points would start reflecting
Worked like a charm, thanks a ton! All points instantly credited, guess they just needed a push :p

pscking

TF Buzz
Hi, if I transfer points to Accor what's the points' validity in Accor? Also, is there any way to extend the validity?

pscking

TF Buzz
1 year. You can extend the validity just by transferring more points or staying at accor property.
Just to confirm:

Suppose i have 1000 points and it's going to expire on 01.01.25, then if i add 500 points more before Expiry (25.12.24) then in total all my points i.e. 1500 points will be valid for next 1 year (01.01.26) and same can be continues?

TF Premier
Just to confirm:

Suppose i have 1000 points and it's going to expire on 01.01.25, then if i add 500 points more before Expiry (25.12.24) then in total all my points i.e. 1500 points will be valid for next 1 year (01.01.26) and same can be continues?
Yes. Whenever there is activity in your account your point validity will extend by 1 year for all points.