• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC):​

MCC 4112 is Railway category.

When we book Airline tickets on Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Yatra, Easymytrip websites/app. These merchant transactions reported MCC is 4112 and we will not get any cashback.

Please share other travel booking website, where you get cashback on airline tickets using SBI Cashback credit card.

5% Cashback eligible merchants list for flight bookings, shared by other users -

1) For flight booking on Agoda, got 5% cashback (Category - Lodging)

2) Booking on tataneu/airasia got the 5% cashback

3) i got for happyfares

4) Got cashback on Paytm flight booking

5) Intermiles

6) one person shared this - Booked flight tickets on Yatra website. Used Amazon pay payment gateway and paid via sbi cashback cc. Got 5%.

Last edited:

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC):​

MCC 4112 is Railway category.

When we book Airline tickets on Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Yatra, Easymytrip websites/app. These merchant transactions reported MCC is 4112 and we will not get any cashback.

Please share other travel booking website, where you get cashback on airline tickets using SBI Cashback credit card.

5% Cashback eligible merchants list for flight bookings, shared by other users -

1) For flight booking on Agoda, got 5% cashback (Category - Lodging)

2) Booking on tataneu/airasia got the 5% cashback

3) i got for happyfares

4) Got cashback on Paytm flight booking

5) Intermiles
I got it for Happyfares site.

Did booking in 2nd june, but once it showed transaction settled, but not received cashback till that time, but after 10 hours of transaction, got the cashback so, all wait atleast 3 days for cashback after transaction

Last edited:
So in this case shows assigning those flight tickets the MCC if not for sbi? What do you mean card issuer bank? In this case it's sbi who issuers the card no.?
If you are Using an SBI Card for making a Payment, then Card issuer Bank is SBI.

Acquire Bank is the Bank which Facilitate the Payment Process with the Help of Payment Gateways like Razrorpay, PayU, CCAVENUE, Paytm etc...

Acquire Bank assign the MCC according to the details provided by the Merchant to the Payment Gateway during Sign Up process.

When Txn settlement happens Acquire Bank Provides MCC to Card Issuer Bank and then Card issuer Bank gives RP/Cashback as per Tncs.

If you are Using an SBI Card for making a Payment, then Card issuer Bank is SBI.

Acquire Bank is the Bank which Facilitate the Payment Process with the Help of Payment Gateways like Razrorpay, PayU, CCAVENUE, Paytm etc...

Acquire Bank assign the MCC according to the details provided by the Merchant to the Payment Gateway during Sign Up process.

When Txn settlement happens Acquire Bank Provides MCC to Card Issuer Bank and then Card issuer Bank gives RP/Cashback as per Tncs.
Hence my confusion, so sbi issues the card and who's the aquired bank for these flights and how can they assign wrong MCC without any repercussions? What if the bank collude with aquire bank to avoid cb?

Hence my confusion, so sbi issues the card and who's the aquired bank for these flights and how can they assign wrong MCC without any repercussions?
I already mentioned Acquirer Bank will Assign MCC based on the Details provided by the Merchant to the Payment Gateway during Sign Up process.
All these flight Booking Website Provide Train Ticket Booking also.
Merchant is not using different terminals for Processing different Categories of txns and Henc All txns are tagged with Same MCC
What if the bank collude with aquire bank to avoid cb?
Now You are overthinking.

Txn Done through any Card of any Bank at Same terminal ID with Same Acquirer ID will Carry same MCC untill and Unless Payment Gateway and Acquire Bank Make changes at Backend.

As per your thoughts, SBI will ask Acquirer Bank take extra 1% MDR from me but please tag the MCC of Railway, Utility, Education Fee , Wallet Funding etc...🤣

Last edited:
So to sum up, it's the merchant at fault and not SBI for reusing railway MCC with acquirer bank for all travel transactions. Then how will we rectify this raising this with SBI?
I already mentioned Acquirer Bank will Assign MCC based on the Details provided by the Merchant to the Payment Gateway during Sign Up process.
All these flight Booking Website Provide Train Ticket Booking also.
Merchant is not using different terminals for Processing different Categories of txns and Henc All txns are tagged with Same MCC

Now You are overthinking.

Txn Done through any Card of any Bank at Same terminal ID with Same Acquirer ID will Carry same MCC untill and Unless Payment Gateway and Acquire Bank Make changes at Backend.

As per your thoughts, SBI will ask Acquirer Bank take extra 1% MDR from me but please tag the MCC of Railway, Utility, Education Fee , Wallet Funding etc...🤣

Back