• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC)

Abhishek012

TF Pioneer

Bad news for SBI Cashback card Travel spend Reported MCC 4112 (no cashback on this MCC):​

MCC 4112 is Railway category.

When we book Airline tickets on Cleartrip, Makemytrip, Yatra, Easymytrip websites/app. These merchant transactions reported MCC is 4112 and we will not get any cashback.

Please share other travel booking website, where you get cashback on airline tickets using SBI Cashback credit card.

5% Cashback eligible merchants list for flight bookings, shared by other users -

1) For flight booking on Agoda, got 5% cashback (Category - Lodging)

2) Booking on tataneu/airasia got the 5% cashback

3) i got for happyfares

4) Got cashback on Paytm flight booking

5) Intermiles

6) one person shared this - Booked flight tickets on Yatra website. Used Amazon pay payment gateway and paid via sbi cashback cc. Got 5%.

Last edited:
Rs.201 cashback on Rs.29478 unbilled outstanding is too less. It is not even 1%.
Unbilled include both "Settled" and "Inprocess"..

My settled amount at that time was "4031" and Inprocess was " 25447" (29478-4031)..
I assume you would know that we get Cashback confirmed only after a few hours after the "settlement"...
So here in this case, 201/ 4031 *100 = 4.986 % which is ~5.00%, hence maths tallied.. Do you agree sir ???

Here is my statement generated for this months (billing cycle 18th).
Please do the maths for this month's statement and ascertain whether I got 5% or not for GOIBIBO transaction...
I have color coded some transactions for your easy understanding to calculate the % CB on GOIBIBO transaction...

I am eagery waiting for your opinion in this regard sir....

1689741987220.png

I recently paid for my hotels on Flipkart hotels (Flipkart doesn't have any railway booking lol) and Make my trip hotels using SBI CB, but both didn't give me any cashback. This MCC problem is just too much to bear as a customer who has no way to know beforehand.

I saw many posts where people get cashback for flights on mmt. I have no clue why I was excluded.

Unbilled include both "Settled" and "Inprocess"..

My settled amount at that time was "4031" and Inprocess was " 25447" (29478-4031)..
I assume you would know that we get Cashback confirmed only after a few hours after the "settlement"...
So here in this case, 201/ 4031 *100 = 4.986 % which is ~5.00%, hence maths tallied.. Do you agree sir ???

Here is my statement generated for this months (billing cycle 18th).
Please do the maths for this month's statement and ascertain whether I got 5% or not for GOIBIBO transaction...
I have color coded some transactions for your easy understanding to calculate the % CB on GOIBIBO transaction...

I am eagery waiting for your opinion in this regard sir....

View attachment 23093
This seems fine. Your original post did not show complete cashback. That’s why I mention it is less than 1%.

Last edited:
This seems fine. Your original post did show complete cashback. That’s why I mention it is less than 1%.
thanks for your feedback.
I think you still could not interpret the facts properly inspite of my lengthy explanation. There is nothing wrong with my original post or new post.
I spent a significant amount of my time to explain the issue here hence wanted your reply to see if you understood it or not..
Please go thru again, if you wish to...

thanks for your feedback.
I think you still could not interpret the facts properly inspite of my lengthy explanation. There is nothing wrong with my original post or new post.
I spent a significant amount of my time to explain the issue here hence wanted your reply to see if you understood it or not..
Please go thru again, if you wish to...
Ok thanks. So you are saying only for the settled amount it will show the cashback ?

• Lovely
Reactions: SSV
Yes, You got it now...
Now I feel my time was well spent. There is a lot to learn in my two posts if you/anyone care about how this Cashback works in this respect...
Yes. Thanks for enlightening 😊 Definitely learnt something.

Life would have been simple if SBI cared to share transaction wise cashback similar to Axis Ace.

Am just waiting for the 6000 points which they need to credit for paying fee. Once it comes planning to take itc or Taj voucher . When I called up a month back they said 90 days. Anyone got it earlier.

Yatra is still on 4112, did a recent transaction…. Didn’t know about this post.. reached here after the customer care told me about the category code..
Also, I am planning to spend on goibibo hotel…Can anyone let me know, if the cashback will come or not… the thread has mixed reviews on this.. the card has become more of a surprise card, sometimes you get and other times you don’t.
SBI has also deducted 155 rupees for some cashback forefit.. raised a complaint, not sure what that was

Yatra is still on 4112, did a recent transaction…. Didn’t know about this post.. reached here after the customer care told me about the category code..
Also, I am planning to spend on goibibo hotel…Can anyone let me know, if the cashback will come or not… the thread has mixed reviews on this.. the card has become more of a surprise card, sometimes you get and other times you don’t.
SBI has also deducted 155 rupees for some cashback forefit.. raised a complaint, not sure what that was

if the cashback will come or not

Short answer : YES

These pictures should tell you the story and calm your nerves ( if needed) ..

WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 10.50.34 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 10.47.24 AM.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2023-08-05 at 10.47.25 AM.jpeg

Last edited:
Back