• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banglore to Singapore trip lounge access

@sarainfo12 can I use tap and pay of my card to pay for MTR rides? and can I use same card to pay for all my family members for a MTR ride?
U can use tap and pay. The entry and exit will be recorded per card per person and charges computed at the end of the day. Use cards with zero forex like Indus exclusive. A small charge is put extra for visa and MasterCard. Easier than buying Ezlink.

Planning to use mayura card (10x rewards ) in Mustafa jewellers since no extra charges for card . But jewel cost around 2L but my card limit is 1.5L and already used 8k in that .
My ixigo card jewel mcc is excluded so no use.
Any other suggestions?

Planning to use mayura card (10x rewards ) in Mustafa jewellers since no extra charges for card . But jewel cost around 2L but my card limit is 1.5L and already used 8k in that .
My ixigo card jewel mcc is excluded so no use.
Any other suggestions?
Indian customs will have a problem if you have jewellery. As a tourist you are not entitled to bring any gold into indis without paying duties.

Oh , will check then . Will go for shopping on Friday there to buy chocolates , thought of buying gold also .. sad if I can't buy jewells
if you buy little amount of jewellery, like one ring, or if your wife buys earrings etc which one can wear while coming to india, then it's alright. just don't make it obvious that it was bought abroad. if you wear little amount of jewellery whiule coming back, you can always say to customs (if asked) that you had this jewellery while going out of India. just don't keep any bills of the ornaments with you.

if you buy little amount of jewellery, like one ring, or if your wife buys earrings etc which one can wear while coming to india, then it's alright. just don't make it obvious that it was bought abroad. if you wear little amount of jewellery whiule coming back, you can always say to customs (if asked) that you had this jewellery while going out of India. just don't keep any bills of the ornaments with you.
Just checked , the gold price is not much difference between India and Singapore but Dubai have nice difference i guess.

Quick question:
If i use the card today in idfc app the money showing instantly in the transactions on both inr and sgd . As per the idfc policy they will consider the rate at settlement date not transaction date . So will the value change in transaction tomorrow or day after tomorrow? How it will work ?

Quick question:
If i use the card today in idfc app the money showing instantly in the transactions on both inr and sgd . As per the idfc policy they will consider the rate at settlement date not transaction date . So will the value change in transaction tomorrow or day after tomorrow? How it will work ?
99% of the time, rate doesn't change and it is what is deducted at the time of transaction.

Update : after complaining to au bank regarding the transactions failed , they fixed in their backend . Yesterday onwards started to using au ixigo rupay card . Worked on 7 eleven also . Still tap not working , we have to insert , it asking sign in the screen to confirm .

New update regarding currency conversion:
Since au ixigo card is working fine , today i tested transactions:
1SGD = 64.78 in Google
1SGD = 64.83 for rupay cards ( tested in 2 cards au ixigo and canara rupay debit card )
1 SGD = 65.07 for visa card
1SGD = 65.14 for master card

Last edited:
New update regarding currency conversion:
Since au ixigo card is working fine , today i tested transactions:
1SGD = 64.78 in Google
1SGD = 64.83 for rupay cards ( tested in 2 cards au ixigo and canara rupay debit card )
1 SGD = 65.07 for visa card
1SGD = (will update but expecting similar to visa ) for master card
Is canara rupay zero markup?

Is canara rupay zero markup?
In one thread Abhishek mentioned canara rupay select credit card doesn't charge any markup fee even though they didn't mention it anywhere. So i thought what if the same applicable on their credit card , so i tested it with just 1$ sgd transaction in 7 eleven . 64.83 rs debited . Will see if they charge anything additional after some time .

Back