• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banglore to Singapore trip lounge access

How much SGD cash to carry for 8 nights?
I would like to use CC wherever possible, but there could be some places where its strictly cash?
Yes , cash must . But if you have zero markup debit card or idfc wow card you can withdraw from atm I guess .

Today all the places I used card only . But yesterday some street food they didn't accept card , there my relatives used scan and pay method to pay the bills . SG QR .

Does anyone know if any NFC payment through Gpay etc works for zero markup debit cards in Singapore? It works domestic just not sure about international tap and pay NFC payments? If yes, it would be just enough to tap with phone on Metro turnstiles, bus etc
Yes it works if your bank supports it.

Yes , cash must . But if you have zero markup debit card or idfc wow card you can withdraw from atm I guess .

Today all the places I used card only . But yesterday some street food they didn't accept card , there my relatives used scan and pay method to pay the bills . SG QR .
And I don't have to pay ATM fees if I use such cards for withdrawals?
Niyo charges ₹425 + GST. My Indian Bank debit cards generally charges INR 300 on top of forex fees.

Last edited:
It take upto 2 weeks for it to go from pending to used visit. No need to worry, you won't be charged $35. It'll get reversed in 2 weeks.
Sure bro ? Because priority pass it got changed to used on same day and no money deducted . But lounge key only happening like this . Have you experienced same in lounge key before ?

Sure bro ? Because priority pass it got changed to used on same day and no money deducted . But lounge key only happening like this . Have you experienced same in lounge key before ?
I used lounge key buy not lounge key qr code, instead I used cc directly. but, it should be the same. I was charged $27 (not charged, it was rather a pending transaction) which got reversed later after 2 weeks if I remember correctly.

And I don't have to pay ATM fees if I use such cards for withdrawals?
Niyo charges ₹425 + GST. My Indian Bank debit cards generally charges INR 300 on top of forex fees.
IDFC cards charge 199+ GST as one time fees for ATM withdrawal.

Have used IDFC WoW for all ATM withdrawals abroad (dubai, singapore etc.)

I see the below in the provided link, and it makes it quite expensive

Will foreign-issued contactless credit and debit cards be accepted for use on public transport in Singapore? Are there any extra charges to use these cards?

Foreign-issued contactless credit and debit cards are accepted for payment on our public transport network. An administrative fee of up to $0.50 will be applicable per posting. Additionally, foreign cardholders may be subjected to other fees imposed by their issuing banks.

I see the below in the provided link, and it makes it quite expensive
no need to pay by card each time.. just load the smart card thru card or cash and use in the mrt..

smart card looks like this, known as EZ link card which is available at all stations.. its valid for 5 years so check with family or friends if they have their cards which u can borrow as first time card has a nominal cost.. I've lent my cards to so many relatives in last 2 years
a5.webp

I am planning to test that today , but I don't think we can use same card for all .
And also they charge some extra amount per day basis i guess .
Today I used idfc wow card 2 times in train and 1 time in bus , so far no update on transactions , i am expecting it will get update on midnight . Worked fine without any issues , it was showing simply go bank card while tapping . I didn't register it anywhere like apps .

Today I used idfc wow card 2 times in train and 1 time in bus , so far no update on transactions , i am expecting it will get update on midnight . Worked fine without any issues , it was showing simply go bank card while tapping . I didn't register it anywhere like apps .
do update if there are any extra charges or not

One more update , ixigo AU rupay card failed on machines even they mentioned diners accepts .

Back