• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Bank account suggestion which values privacy actually

gauravraj

TF Premier
Need your suggestion

1- As a main primary account ( tnx amount can be high ) , which savings account will be good for fast core - banking services e.g cash trx, secure online trx , cheques etc. ?

I have no issues with low interest rate, less tech. app , no pre approved cc offer

I want - no server down, no trx failure , PRIVACY etc.

* Bank which never compromise with privacy at any cost.

Services can be late, But ƤƦƖƔƛƇƳ is must

I will suggest ICICI for good customer support availability, good mobile as well as internet banking.
You need to define what Privacy mean to you. Banks definitely will call you randomly for any offers they feel they can give you.
Privacy mean for me

Secure personal information

e.g. I Shaw a threat by a brother who say that another bank employee called his friend who is a axis Bank employee and asked for a customers account no. with his personal information and he shared 🙁

About privacy I can't tell much coz what happens in back-end, nobody knows. Data privacy law is not enforced in India yet, so hardly any bank follows privacy.

As for bank account transaction experience, I'm using Fi as a day to day txn account since past several months. Experience was smooth. You can consider Federal bank as well instead of Fi. Never faced payment failure. Even IDFC gets downtime error sometimes but never happened with Federal bank.

App experience obviously IDFC is good but I'm surprised to see ICICI has even better app than them. Its good to see a major bank is giving attention to customer needs. Customer service of ICICI Bank is top notch. IDFC stands nowhere in customer service.

So if you want major bank, then ICICI is undoubtedly the way to go.
If you can experiment with new age banks, then either Federal or IDFC.

Note- I've used HDFC, ICICI, Fi (Federal), IDFC as primary account. So this recommendation is based upon these 4 bank's experience.

Need your suggestion

1- As a main primary account ( tnx amount can be high ) , which savings account will be good for fast core - banking services e.g cash trx, secure online trx , cheques etc. ?

I have no issues with low interest rate, less tech. app , no pre approved cc offer

Privacy means SBI.
Because they are lazy to give information of your account to you too. :P
And secure too.

Skip local banks and go for DBS/Standard Chartered. They play by the the books, everything done properly and they make sure to keep your information safe. Even when calling customer support they remind you to not share certain personal details.

No calls, no spam, no fuzz. Both are pretty hands off and fuzz free experiences, both have amazing apps and never faced unscheduled outages (only for maintenance and they let you know via multiple channels far ahead of the maintenance times and what's going to be out of service).

You won't see any of their agents or support making up data, asking for docs on unofficial channels nor anything like that.

Skip local banks and go for DBS/Standard Chartered. They play by the the books, everything done properly and they make sure to keep your information safe. Even when calling customer support they remind you to not share certain personal details.

No calls, no spam, no fuzz. Both are pretty hands off and fuzz free experiences, both have amazing apps and never faced unscheduled outages (only for maintenance and they let you know via multiple channels far ahead of the maintenance times and what's going to be out of service).

You won't see any of their agents or support making up data, asking for docs on unofficial channels nor anything like that.
DBS is still okay but SC is big time headache. Their customer service sucks big time. Even Axis banks' customer service is miles better than sh*tty SC.

They don't even stand on their words. Everyone saw what happened to their LTF platinum rewards card offer. This shows a lot about bank culture.

DBS is still okay but SC is big time headache. Their customer service sucks big time. Even Axis banks' customer service is miles better than sh*tty SC.

They don't even stand on their words. Everyone saw what happened to their LTF platinum rewards card offer. This shows a lot about bank culture.
Mind elaborating what happened? "It sucks" doesn't really tell anything except that you're frustrated.

For savings account it has been a breeze for me. While I do have a credit card with them I seldom use it so can't vouch on that side.

But on savings accounts they work great. No outages, quick and helpful resolution to issues and queries, great customer service. The app is pretty neat, lots of services available, and it's about the only bank from which I can receive money instantly from many foreign sources and also transfer blazing fast overseas.

So far the only issue I had that despite changing my addresses somehow they send my cheque book to my old address. I rang them up and I was able to pick it up from the bank branch.

Last edited:
Mind elaborating what happened? "It sucks" doesn't really tell anything except that you're frustrated.

For savings account it has been a breeze for me. While I do have a credit card with them I seldom use it so can't vouch on that side.

But on savings accounts they work great. No outages, quick and helpful resolution to issues and queries, great customer service. The app is pretty neat, lots of services available, and it's about the only bank from which I can receive money instantly from many foreign sources and also transfer blazing fast overseas.

So far the only issue I had that despite changing my addresses somehow they send my cheque book to my old address. I rang them up and I was able to pick it up from the bank branch.
their website says lifetime free card, their pno (who is same for cards and savings accounts) replies on email that it is free. but then they add fees to the card and on the same email, the pno replies that it is not free. complete chaos for the last one week for many of us here and still going on, with us regretting the decision to start a relationship with this bank.
they also messed up the address for me for card delivery.

their website says lifetime free card, their pno (who is same for cards and savings accounts) replies on email that it is free. but then they add fees to the card and on the same email, the pno replies that it is not free. complete chaos for the last one week for many of us here and still going on, with us regretting the decision to start a relationship with this bank.
they also messed up the address for me for card delivery.
Seems like it's got nothing to do with this thread topic except for the customer service which obviously is not giving the "desired" outcome everyone wants.

Seems isolated to Platinum Rewards and hopefully a one-off, but yeah inconsistent information or unclear unless you stop to read the MITC and T&C which are the ones that matter but nonetheless says 500 INR spends in 30 days and you get LTF otherwise a one-off fee of 250 INR + GST.

Need your suggestion

Since privacy is the only concern I suggest StanC pvt banking which requires 50l mab
I own premium banking with 15l currently and trying to upgrade 30l priority banking this FY
All the 3 segments are highly recommended for ur requirements
Cheers 🍻

I will suggest ICICI for good customer support availability, good mobile as well as internet banking.
You need to define what Privacy mean to you. Banks definitely will call you randomly for any offers they feel they can give you.
I am using ICICI, their app is good but the major problem I faced with ICICI is I get msg of txn hours later. Not sure if its only me. This is actually very bad in multiple use cases. @gauravraj do consider this. This could also be hassle for you if it happens for everyone.

I am using ICICI, their app is good but the major problem I faced with ICICI is I get msg of txn hours later. Not sure if its only me. This is actually very bad in multiple use cases. @gauravraj do consider this. This could also be hassle for you if it happens for everyone.
Are you talking about using ICICI debit cards? I rarely use debit card.

Seems like it's got nothing to do with this thread topic except for the customer service which obviously is not giving the "desired" outcome everyone wants.

Seems isolated to Platinum Rewards and hopefully a one-off, but yeah inconsistent information or unclear unless you stop to read the MITC and T&C which are the ones that matter but nonetheless says 500 INR spends in 30 days and you get LTF otherwise a one-off fee of 250 INR + GST.
forget about 'desired' outcome. their PNO's 2nd reply doesn't match with the 1st reply.

Back