• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Banks offering Free Locker Facility with Various Wealth or HNI Banking Programmes

CCgeeks

TF Buzz
Banks offering Free Locker Facility with their HNI Banking Programmes:

1) IDFC FIRST Wealth
2) HDFC Imperia Banking
3) IndusInd Exclusive Account
4) IndusInd Pioneer
5) Yes Private
6) Kotak Private

Share details of other banking programmes as well. Although this free Locker facility is tough to get ;)

Last edited:

RajeshV

TF Premier
Yes, logical.

But in one of the banks, when my brother opened locker, in financle system it was selected 0 rent. So that means remains permanent right?
Locker rent is a significant point in Concurrent and Internal Audits. If he wasn't eligible and they catch it at one point or another, they will quite likely have it corrected and maybe collect past dues.

How did you know what was selected in their CBS anyways?

mgforce

TF Ace
VIP Lounge
Locker rent is a significant point in Concurrent and Internal Audits. If he wasn't eligible and they catch it at one point or another, they will quite likely have it corrected and maybe collect past dues.

How did you know what was selected in their CBS anyways?
He was sitting next to them when they were filling details :)

aamaadmi

TF Select
VIP Lounge
I have:
Free Large size locker with HDFC Imperia account
Free Large size locker with Yes Private account
Free Medium size locker with IndusInd Pioneer account

You are right, getting a locker of your choice (size & location) is very difficult.

At Yes Bank, my RM was completely useless inspite of being a "Senior Vice President and Partner", whatever that means. I had to personally visit 3-4 nearby branches and talk to the BMs. All of them outrightly denied availability of lockers. Most of them were also not aware what a Yes Private account is. I had to write to their grievance redressal team and was finally able to get a large size locker at my preferred branch after multiple emails, calls and threats of complaining to the ombudsman. However, it was all worth it when I walked in and saw the embarrassed face of the same BM who had laughed at my request for a locker and had said "400 se upar waitlist chal rahi hai, 5 saal mein bhi aapka number nahi aayega"

Same story with HDFC bank. They were offering small lockers only. I had to personally find and get someone from their Private Banking team involved. Only then was I given a large locker.

Everything went smoothly at IndusInd Bank though. But that happened only because I negotiated for a locker before opening my savings account with them. The BM offered two free medium sized lockers to me and my wife. He requested for an initial cheque of 10L each, which I obliged.
Hey pride, are you actually maintaining 10L AMB in both HDFC Imperia & IDFC Wealth. Do you feel that if you don't maintain the AMB & not take the locker they might not bother, but if you take free locker they will downgrade account? Thoughts.