• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the following cards, which one would be best to make the 50k NPS Payments?

1. HDFC Diners Black
2. AMEX Platinum Travel
3. AMEX Gold Charge
4. AMEX MRCC
5. SBI Cashback Card
6. ICICI Sapphiro (Mastercard + AMEX)
7. IndusInd Legend

Dcb paid or ltf?

If paid, able to achieve fee waiver within time?

how easy for you to achieve plat travel milestone?

Dcb paid or ltf?

If paid, able to achieve fee waiver within time?

how easy for you to achieve plat travel milestone?
DCB is LTF. But I don't want to put this on DCB now as later few months down the line there are bulk expenses, and will put those on DCB to meet spend criteria for Infinia (since it requires 7.5L in 6 months).

Thinking of putting NPS 50k on other cards only.

Platinum travel is slightly difficult considering I have to use SBI Cashback Card + Amex MRCC + Amex Gold monthly at least to a certain extent and to make majority of the spends / hit milestone by say May/June next year. Post which it will be fully DCB

Last edited:
DCB is LTF. But I don't want to put this on DCB now as later few months down the line there are bulk expenses, and will put those on DCB to meet spend criteria for Infinia (since it requires 7.5L in 6 months).

Platinum travel is slightly difficult considering I have to use SBI Cashback Card + Amex MRCC + Amex Gold monthly at least to a certain extent and to make majority of the spends / hit milestone by say May/June next year. Post which it will be fully DCB
Umm then why would you list DCB?

then Platinum travel

Has anyone used Kotak mojo for NPS?
I want to invest 50k, have below cards:
ICICI: Amazon pay, MMT Platinum, Rupay coral
HDFC: Millenia
Kotak: Mojo
Axis: Privilage, FK, ACE
Tried ACE with 1k transaction, 0 CB.

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back