• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for NPS Contribution

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.

Waynoway

TF Buzz
Last update: 10-04-24
  • HDFC : Milestone benefits only ✅
  • HSBC Cashback: 0% ✅
  • AMEX Gold Charge: 1 MR/50 + Milestone benefits ✅
  • AMEX SmartEarn/ MRCC: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith: Milestone benefits only ✅
  • AU Zenith+: 1% + Milestone benefits ✅
  • ICICI APay: 1% ✅
  • SC Smart: 2% ✅
  • SC Ultimate: 2% (Govt. transaction)
Note: Mostly other cards from same bank works with varied reward rate and similar rule of exclusion.

Tip: IDFC, IndusInd, BOB provides better rewards using payzapp like prepaid card load (MCC: wallet) which you can use to pay NPS compared to direct payment where you'll get from 0.25% to 0.8% only on these cards.

For NPS payments MCC: 9399 (Govt. Services)

Do check both payment gateways Razorpay and Billdesk (above values are according to Billdesk gateway).

Also, do share missing cards rewards that you tried, will update accordingly.

PG Charges (with GST) on NPS website/app:
  • VISA, Mastercard & AMEX = 0.885% (0.75% + GST)
Note: Above are for TIER 1. TIER 2 disabled credit card payments (based on latest available options).

If in doubt, always try test transaction and confirm with support. Things may chage any time, proceed with caution.

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't get any cashback on SBI cashback card for NPS payment, I have paid via billdesk payment gateway. Did anyone get cashback ?
If you would have read this thread comments or recent pages, you would have got answer that which cards provide rewards/cashback on paying nps payment.
To answer your query, you will not get any cashback on sbi cashback card. It does not matter if you used razorpay or billdesk.

Sorry guys, My bad - I read at the start of the thread that someone mentioned SBI Cashback is giving 1% cashback, so I tried it without reading the entire thread.
Nowadays card tnc are changing occasionally, what worked sometime back does not guarantee it will work today as well.
Sbi cashback card used to give cashback on government spends. But since last devaluation (in may23) of this card it does not give any cashback.

I know it is being asked multiple times, but just checking again if anyone recently got EM on atlas for NPS ? Thanks

Atleast official doc doesn't exclude govt transactions

PS : I have done 1K transaction and will update once transaction gets settled.
Got 2em for nps but it took a week to credit them unlike others where they get credited within 3 days after settlement of transaction

Got 2em for nps but it took a week to credit them unlike others where they get credited within 3 days after settlement of transaction
EM credit is not dependent on type of transaction - a lot of times axis credits points in batches - Points for txn done on 19, 20 & 21 were credited yesterday for me.

Are you sure..? I made 5k trxn in ace on september and got 2%
not sure if axis changed terms after that.. I was under impression that ACE will earn cashbck
Why people don't read this thread fully I don't understand. I already gave confirmation that Axis Ace does not earn any cashback anymore since it's last devaluation (sep23)

Why people don't read this thread fully I don't understand. I already gave confirmation that Axis Ace does not earn any cashback anymore since it's last devaluation (sep23)

sorry for not reading past messages.. i did and earn cb in my txn that's why i mentioned it..
didnt knew they changed tnc in sept..
Good that i was planning to invest in nps in few days.. i will move my investment from another card

Status
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
Back