• Hey there! Welcome to TFC! View fewer ads on the website just by signing up on TF Community.

Best card for offline spends

Akash.nagori

TF Premier
Hi everyone one of my friend he wants a credit card which provides maximum return for offline spends … he is planning to buy electronics worth 1.5 to 2 lakhs in upcoming months and he wants direct cash back he doesn’t want all that hassle of converting reward points and all that… he earns 1.5 lakh per month and he doesn’t have any other card and he holds a salary account with icici bank so experts please share your valuable feedback and suggestions

If one can sell off vouchers then for such high offline spends Kotak Pvr Inox and StanC Ultimate make very good sense.
The buyer will want a big discount, it won't be practical.
Also the risk of one party defaulting

The buyer will want a big discount, it won't be practical.
Also the risk of one party defaulting
Indeed as I said if one can sell vouchers these are literally cashback cards. With regards to default it’s depends how one goes about it. I trade within circle only and that too some percent in advance (to ensure vouchers aren’t redeemed uselessly). Even considering 20%-25% discount it comes to 2.25% for Kotak PVR and roughly 2.66% for StanC Ultimate (considering one spends at least 3,00,000/- annually offline and makes it to a couple of spend based offers). Best part there are very less spend exclusions and no cappings for both.

Indeed as I said if one can sell vouchers these are literally cashback cards. With regards to default it’s depends how one goes about it. I trade within circle only and that too some percent in advance (to ensure vouchers aren’t redeemed uselessly). Even considering 20%-25% discount it comes to 2.25% for Kotak PVR and roughly 2.66% for StanC Ultimate (considering one spends at least 3,00,000/- annually offline and makes it to a couple of spend based offers). Best part there are very less spend exclusions and no cappings for both.
If you pay a lot in income tax using these cards, what would you do with all the vouchers

If you pay a lot in income tax using these cards, what would you do with all the vouchers
Dint get you? Are you referring to government spends as an exclusion or not? Or are you referring to net returns on these basis voucher sell off?

Government spends as an exclusion
Except for Wallet loading and Rent payment nothing is excluded for spends in Kotak PVR Inox. Within my circle there are 5-6 groups who frequent PVR so at least in my case it isn’t an issue. Vouchers are valid for 2 billing cycles which in turn if redeemed for m-coupons are valid for 2 months from the date of redemption so buffer is sufficient to liquidate them.

For SC Ultimate Hotel Vouchers are first choice for redemption.

Last edited:
Back